Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Battle of the Bands: Kaiser Chiefs vs Editors & ProtoMartyr vs Future Of The Left (Page 428)

Posted Feb 3, '14 at 11:07pm

Arm_Candy

Arm_Candy

156 posts

I will vote for the Temptations, simply on the grounds that I believe that they have better-sounding voices.

Posted Feb 3, '14 at 11:59pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

5,450 posts

Never heard of either of them... And I don't really wanna take a listen.

I'll sit out.

Posted Feb 4, '14 at 9:10am

UnleashedUponMankind

UnleashedUponMankind

6,489 posts

Huh... thats hard.
Both made great songs and had/still have a enormous influence in music worldwide... im not 100% sure here, but i think The Temptations even sing in other languages than english.

To make a decision i must reduce it on their, imo, best song, so, because of "papa was a olling stone" i vote for:
The Temptations.

Posted Feb 6, '14 at 4:32pm

gh0sts

gh0sts

888 posts

The one song, "I Wish It Would Rain," decides it for me. That is a beautiful song, and David Ruffin does an amazing job with the lead vocals. I also prefer the other Temptations songs to the Miracles songs. Beautiful voices all around.

Posted Feb 9, '14 at 3:59am

CherryCoke360

CherryCoke360

415 posts

Oh man I love the temptations. although I also love tears of a clown. but the temptations are consistently better, so I will vote for them

Posted Feb 9, '14 at 5:11am

MrAutomatic

MrAutomatic

304 posts

Glad to see this is actually running again. It's been nearly two years since I last cast a vote here, so I'll be sure to make this one count. As much as I would love to see a clean sweep, because my OCD enjoys such things, I will be voting for the Miracles this round, because I feel their sound did a better job of capturing the era than the Temptations' did. I have also never been too keen on the whole doo-wop sound, so the whole thing with 5 people singing at once never really registered with me as being delightful. We all have our different tastes, of course.

Posted Feb 10, '14 at 1:37am

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,302 posts

Knight

I'm tempted to post the current score so far, because that's what folks did in olden times.

Temptations - 5
Miracles - 1

It would take a miracle for the underdog to win this battle at the rate people are voting.

Never heard of either of them... And I don't really wanna take a listen.
I'll sit out.

Thank you for your contribution?

Posted Feb 15, '14 at 1:32am

CherryCoke360

CherryCoke360

415 posts

You might want to change the battle dude, no one is voting anymore..

Posted Feb 17, '14 at 11:54am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

9,137 posts

A new Motown battle! Nice one Ernie... =)

I know both contestants pretty well and one thing that struck me is that they both went different, and actually opposite, ways in terms of the feel with their lyrics and songs... the Temptations chose to have some more 'happy' love songs, whereas the Miracles had a more overall 'sad' feeling in their songs.

Even though I love both of them to death, I prefer a slight leaning towards the Miracles, simply because they are able to have that sad feeling portrayed in their performance of their songs so well!

Therefor, my vote goes to the (apparent) underdog: Smokey Robinson & The Miracles! =)

Posted Feb 21, '14 at 7:05pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,302 posts

Knight

I didn't realize this battle had been up for so long.

Temptations - 5
Miracles - 2

For the next battle, we'll be jumping a couple decades forward.

Nirvana

https://a1-images.myspacecdn.com/images03/32/d901b7510476425c90f9a5367c281ae6/300x300.jpg

Smells Like Teen Spirit
Come As You Are
Lithium
About a Girl
The Man Who Sold the World

vs.

Pearl Jam

http://cdn.stereogum.com/files/2012/01/pearljam-90s.jpg

Black
Alive
Even Flow
Sirens
Last Kiss

The 90s called. They want your vote.

Reply to Battle of the Bands: Kaiser Chiefs vs Editors & ProtoMartyr vs Future Of The Left (Page 428)

You must be logged in to post a reply!