Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Battle of the Bands: Kaiser Chiefs vs Editors & ProtoMartyr vs Future Of The Left (Page 428)

Posted Mar 30, '14 at 5:56am

CherryCoke360

CherryCoke360

415 posts

Bob Dylan is a legend. he wrote some amazing songs and his voice is like no other. peter paul and mary are cool but they do not compare to what bob dylan has done for music.

Posted Mar 30, '14 at 6:19am

09philj

09philj

1,168 posts

Bob is less mindlessly cheerful, and therefore better.

Posted Mar 30, '14 at 10:07am

UnleashedUponMankind

UnleashedUponMankind

5,566 posts

Dylan for sure, his skills in song, or to be more exactly text, -writing is simply sublime.

Posted Mar 30, '14 at 10:34am

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

4,052 posts

I don't care for this genre at all, but when I was a kid the song Puff the Magic Dragon was like my favorite song ever. I can see just see 5 year old me dancing around to it... Good times.

My vote is for Peter, Paul and Mary

Posted Mar 30, '14 at 4:03pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,046 posts

Knight

Bob Dylan is more skilled, in my opinion. His songs are sometimes more thoughtful, sometimes calmer, and at the same time some even more cheery than what I just heard of Peter, Paul and Mary.
Finally, his songs were covered probably thousands of times. Rare are artists who had so much of an echo.

Posted Mar 30, '14 at 8:01pm

gh0sts

gh0sts

887 posts

I hear Bob Dylan songs all the time, and I didn't like them at first, but now he is starting to grow on me like moss. That hasn't happened yet with Peter, Paul and Mary.

Posted Mar 31, '14 at 3:58am

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

This is an impressive turnout for only the first day.

Bob Dylan - 5
Peter, Paul and Mary - 1

Bob already holds a 4-point lead. Let's see if the glorious trio can come back before the voice of a generation takes the victory cake.

Posted Mar 31, '14 at 8:03am

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

3,997 posts

I think I like Bob Dylan the man more than I like Bob Dylan the musician. He is definitely legendary, but his voice combined with that harmonica gets annoying pretty quickly. With music, I always go for sound, and Bob Dylan's, while unique, gets old fast. Peter, Paul and Mary, in contrast, harmonize beautifully, and Mary Travers has the voice of an angel. Bob Dylan may have written Blowing in the Wind, but Peter, Paul and Mary blew it out of the water.

Don't get me started on their cover of John Denver's Leaving on a Jet Plane.

Posted Mar 31, '14 at 3:42pm

GandalftheGrey666

GandalftheGrey666

1,791 posts

I haven't listened to either one of them, but I vote Bob Dylan. I vote Bob because he is more recognizable, and because... stuff.

Posted Apr 2, '14 at 3:18am

Arm_Candy

Arm_Candy

154 posts

I can't decide which one I like better musically, so I'm voting Dylan, for his songwriting skills.

Reply to Battle of the Bands: Kaiser Chiefs vs Editors & ProtoMartyr vs Future Of The Left (Page 428)

You must be logged in to post a reply!