ForumsWEPRWhat country do you think made the stupidest decision to go to war?

31 8916
Mustang2653
Mustang2653
29 posts
Nomad

I think The US in the Iraq war

• 31 Replies
Echo775
Echo775
38 posts
Nomad

with no offense intended i would have to disagree with you and say nicholas II of russia because his intentional purpose was of no actual loss or gain tactical wise.

so mustang, may i ask for your reason why you think that. i know many people would agree but you may have a different aspect/reason

Brotheromar
Brotheromar
85 posts
Nomad

Iraq and Iran! for religious resons. pshhhhhhhh! We dont wory about that here.

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

I kind of agree with Brotheromar,

I mean there stuck in the the past when wars were about religion. But in todays world you just can't declare war because you say that there religion is diffrent. IMO thats pretty stupid.

Also I kind of think that the U.S., because wasent the problem in Afgahistha. I mean after all why call it "War on Terrism" when you fight for oil. Just call it WAR ON THEM BECAUSE THEY HAVE OIL.

Kanzer
Kanzer
21 posts
Nomad

lol Spain getting on Iraq was pretty stupid as well. We only got the 11-M and too many deaths for nothing.

GoldenCross
GoldenCross
72 posts
Nomad

As much as I hate to say it, America and this whole Iraq/Iran ordeal. If Bush were any bit intelligent, he should try to pull back our troops before his term as president is over, so he might leave on a good note.

GoldenCross
GoldenCross
72 posts
Nomad

In reply to Switchfoot- yes, we could destroy N.Korea with one nuke, but before our nuke could hit them, they would have released all five of theirs and blown away half of the good old U.S.A.

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

But wait thats olny half, they just got wiped out off the map... But now the rest of the world would be pissed at the US..

GoldenCross
GoldenCross
72 posts
Nomad

Hopefully those missiles would explode over the ocean, otherwise Europe might be pissed at that extra radiation entering their continent lol

Kanzer
Kanzer
21 posts
Nomad

Korea would lauch those missiles over the Paciffic dude, it's closer that way.

DecadentDragon
DecadentDragon
242 posts
Nomad

Historically speaking, France. Just about any war. It's a wonder the country still exists.

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

The worst mistake:
Napoleon did the worst mistake when he decided to attack Russia. the tsar was offernig to be our ally and we could have ruled the world (I'm french so that's why I say "we&quot.
I totally disagree with decadentdragon. Obviously you don't know anything about France history:

"Just about any war."

Even Independance war??
Without our troops you would probably have lost the war against GB...

Alewar
Alewar
14 posts
Nomad

i would say, THE CRUSSADES OR THE JIHAD

armorkas
armorkas
396 posts
Nomad

during the French Revolution, the citizens decided to revolt against King Louis and guess wat happend? they chopped alot of peoples heads off and got Napoleon Bonaperte(however u spell it) as an EMPORER, pretty bad decision, if u ask me, lolz

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

I'm french and I'm currently studying history
I konw about French history so you don't really need to teach me... lol

BTW, you say that the French people killed a lot of people. What about the americans? They killed all the native indian tribes that lived in America. They killed thousands of innocent people with the atomic bombs, they killed thousands of civilians in Afghanistan....

Every country makes loads of mistakes. i don't think there's one in particular that made a worst mistakes than the others.
i dissaprove your opinion about Napoleon Bonaparte since he saved France from doom.

manofomens
manofomens
4 posts
Farmer

In all honesty, the war in Iraq was not so much stupid as it was a grave tactical mistake. There were many reasons for going into Iraq, many of which are not portrayed in our media. There were serious tactical and strategic errors with invading Iraq, but that does not make it the stupidest. I would say that some of the wars that france had with germany over the alsance-loraine were probably the stupidest. All in all, the French have gone to war for the stupidest reasons.

Showing 1-15 of 31