ForumsWEPRWhat country do you think made the stupidest decision to go to war?

31 8935
Mustang2653
Mustang2653
29 posts
Nomad

I think The US in the Iraq war

• 31 Replies
Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

Anyone who is attacking the Iraq war, STOP and read this before continuing.

In Iraq, the government was controlled by one man who used mass genocide and fear to make sure the people "loved" him. He was the enemy of free peoples around the world. Iraq was harboring terrorists, and we have evidence that suggests that they DID have WMDs before the inspectors went in, but moved them out across the border. They were known to have high-ranking terrorists hidden in their country, some from a certain radical Islamic group that attacked America, and we could NOT let them continue to hide there. The war was not about oil. Not at the beginning, not now, not ever. The countries who tried to stop us were concerned with oil and tried to convince us not to invade in order to protect their trade with Iraq.

The stupidest decision to go to war was made by Italy when they entered WWII. They were COMPLETELY unprepared for a long war and did NOT fare well. Mussolini had focused on the public and not enough on the military to be ready to fight such a big fight.

Kanzer
Kanzer
21 posts
Nomad

This is becoming too personal for our own good, let's fit to historical reality instead of making assumptions from now on, shall we?

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

I think you're right Kanzer.
megamickel, I think and I hope you're right about that even though I'm starting to doubt it.

But I wanted to poit out one thing: there has been more civilians killed during the war than during Sadam Hussein's dictatorship, sadly...

murftheman
murftheman
75 posts
Nomad

Calm
"They killed thousands of innocent people with the atomic bombs, they killed thousands of civilians in Afghanistan"

Dude, it's war, people die. And the terrorist killed thousands of innocent people when they attacked the twin towers.

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

I was only defending France as a person before me said France was the only country that killed civilians during the revolution...
Why didn't you quote the part about the indians? lol

And i don't see the point with the terrorists here???
We're talking about countries.

murftheman
murftheman
75 posts
Nomad

I'm going to stop before i get into a argument.

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

Sorry if I offended you. I didn't mean to do so.

I quite recognise that France is probably the country that made the worst mistakes, but still I thought it was unjust for you guys to accuse France without looking at your own country.
that's all.

I'm really sorry if I offended some of you.

Wesley107772
Wesley107772
28 posts
Nomad

pearl harbor

rj28
rj28
153 posts
Nomad

japan in pearl harbor.

why did they do that they just got their butts kicked

DecadentDragon
DecadentDragon
242 posts
Nomad

Actually, that was a very close thing. Had Hitler not started messing with Russia, Japan wouldn't have lost, or at least not like they did. You have to look at WW2 as a whole.

Backstroke
Backstroke
22 posts
Nomad

the USA in Iraq

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I can't really say, since I do not know history of war very in depth. But from recent, I would say the US going into Vietnam, and also into Iraq. It is pretty much when countries go into somewhere they should not be. And not for good enough reason.

Everyone is saying Iraq, but you have to think about Vietnam too... that was the stupidest war.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

The United States in getting involved in the War of 1812. The country was in no position to fight and was almost obliterated.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Oh, or maybe those 3 or so countries that attacked Israel in what became known as the 7 days war (I think it was 7). That must've been the fastest beat-down in history

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Yea... I can't really say that I know much about the wars, or any that do not involved the US. Most people on this site probably don't... so most of the answers are likely to be the US. lol

Showing 16-30 of 31