ForumsForum Games..::~~Dead Rising~~ Outbreak::.. Zombie RPG (Highly In-Depth)

67 11078
I3rutalGod
I3rutalGod
50 posts
Nomad

2 years after the incident in Williamette, Colorado where photojournalist Frank West uncovered the most scandalous quarantine in the history of America, another outbreak has occurred. In Borahamwood, California an entire city of 1.8 million people have fallen to the infectious disease. The city is massive claiming several large malls, a downtown district, port district, and a large areas of surrounding suburbs contribute to a population of about 2.5 million in total. You will play as a survivor of the initial outbreak and try to hold out against a rising zombie horde.

-----------------------------------------------

Character Creation:

There are several classes that you can choose from, perks and items that you can buy from your initial credits.

Classes:

Criminal: High agility, high stealth, high melee, high lockpicking. Starts with a combat knife, x5 lockpicks, and the knowledge of hot wiring in SOME vehicles.

Police Officer: High endurance, firearm training, shotgun training, pistol training. Starts with a shotgun with x10 shells, a flakjacket and a radio

Office Worker: All skills are average. Starts with an extra $15 to buy items in the beginning, a car, and a random improvised weapon.

Banker: All skills are a little below average. Starts with an extra $20.

Athlete: High endurance, high agility, high evasiveness, increased run speed. Starts with an energy drink, and a combat knife

Soldier: High endurance, firearm training, rifle training. Starts with a rifle with x60 bullets, and combat armor. Also gives the ability to spawn in Fort Creedy, the only fort in Borahamwood

Combat Medic: High endurance, firearm training, basic first aid. Starts with a pistol x20 bullets, x2 first kits. Also gives the ability to spawn in Fort Creedy, the only fort in Borahamwood.

Doctor: High intelligence, advanced medical knowledge. Starts with a scalpel(knife), x5 medical kits and an extra $10.

Terrorist: High endurance, firearm training, bomb creation (ability to make bombs with right items). Starts with a SMG x40 bullets, x2 pipebombs, x1 molotov cocktail

Swat Team: High endurance, firearm training, pistol training, SMG training. Starts with a SMG x40 bullets, a pistol x20 bullets.

Free Runner: High agility, high evasiveness, increased run speed, has the ability freerunning(the ability to get to places you normally couldn't. Starts with a flaregun, a random improvised weapon.

Blue Collar Worker: High strength, high endurance, melee weapon training. Starts with a sledgehammer and a pickup truck.

Fireman: High endurance, high strength, melee weapon training, fireaxe training. Starts with a fireaxe, radio and a flaregun.

College Student: High luck, high agility. Starts with a random improvised weapon and the ability to get 3 perks.

PERKS
You can choose from 2 (or 3 if your a college student) of the following perks.

Thief: High stealth (stacks with criminal) and the ability to pick doors without the use of lockpicks.

Body Building: Increased health (125% instead of the normal 100%)

Looter: Increased ability to find items from looting stores (good if you start in a mall or near a lootable place)

Pistoleer: Increased pistol adept (stacks) Increases accuracy and chances of a critical hit with pistols

Rifleman: Increased rifle adept (stacks) Increased accuracy and chances of critical hits with rifles

Sprayer: Increased SMG adept (stacks) Increased accuracy and critical hits with SMGs

Close-Quarters: Increased Shotgun adept (stacks) Increased damage and critical hit chances with shotguns.

Jack Of All Trades: Increased firearm adept. This means increased accuracy with all guns, but not nearly as much if you specialized.

Up Close N' Personal: Increased melee weapon adept. High damage and critical hits.

GPS Nerd: Starts with a GPS tracking device that has info of nearby buildings and landmarks

Air Drop: Starts with a special radio that lets survivors know of where and when military air drops are happening. Air drops are crates that are usually filled with weaponry, ammo and other useful items.

Devil Tongue: Can persuade NPCs with amazing grace. Whether its telling fellow survivors to follow your character or to give you items, this perk gives you truly a devil's tongue.

Bomb Expert: Gives the ability to make bombs from everyday items. Also increases damage from fire and explosive weaponry.

Free Running: Gives the ability to scale buildings with ease.

Car Jacker: Gives the ability to hotwire SOME cars

ITEMS

You start off with $30 (or more if you picked a banker or office worker) Spend it wisely on the following items. Also know that if you wish to keep money leftover, there are people who trade money for items out in the game.

x1 Gas Can $10: Fills up a car with gas, or can be used as a weapon

x2 Flare Guns $10: Shoot this into the sky to perhaps get military aid, or shoot it at some explosives for a firework show

x1 Radio $15: This can be used to get information about the military planning. (NOTE THIS DOESN'T GIVE AIR DROP INFORMATION)

x10 Pistol Ammo $20: Point and shoot..... but you need a pistol to use the bullets

x20 SMG ammo $25: Spray and pray..... SMG needed first of course

x20 Rifle ammo $30: Can someone say Boom Headshot? Rifle needed for use

x8 Shotgun ammo $30: For your boomstick

x2 Energy Drinks $5: For a little boost. Increases run speed temporarily

x1 First aid kit $5: In case you get a boo-boo.

x2 Pipebomb $45: Explodes nicely

Desert Eagle $50: It's weird. Only bankers can afford this. Uses regular pistol ammo. Comes with x10 bullets

LOCATIONS
Pick where you want to start. Each has it's own advantages and disadvantages.

Mall: Average survivor population, high lootable areas, high zombie concentrations.

Strip Mall: Low survivor population, average lootable areas, low zombie population.

Hospital: Low survivor population, average lootable areas, high zombie populations.

The Suburbs: Average survivor population, low lootable areas, average zombie population

Downtown District: Average survivor population, average lootable areas, high zombie population

Police Station: Average survivor population, high lootable areas (usually guarded by police officers), high zombie population

The Docks: Low survivor population, average lootable areas, average zombie population

Fort Creedy: Average survivor population, high lootable areas (guarded by the military), extremely high zombie population, ONLY ACCESSABLE BY SOLDIER OR COMBAT MEDIC

???: Unknown survivor population, unknown lootable areas, unknown zombie population. Randomly spawns character in the city. Chance of UNIQUE starting point.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Character Sheets

Fill out completely.

Name:
Small Bio:
Class:
Perks:
Items: (If you class starts with items, put those items as well. If you class has randomly improvised weapon, write that don't put down a weapon that you choose)
Starting Location:

Before every post copy+paste the following that I post for you

Name:
Health:
Stamina:
Items:
Class:
Perks:

Post character sheets now!

• 67 Replies
YourShadow
YourShadow
68 posts
Nomad

Looks cool

Name: Richard Watson
Appearance: 6 foot 2, brown hair, hazel eyes. Wearing a black hoodie and jeans.
Small Bio: Richard was a college student when the zombie outbreak began.
Class: College Student
Perks: Looter, body building, free running
Items: Randomly improvised weapon, x2 flare guns, x1 radio, x1 first aid kit.
Starting Location: The Mall

I3rutalGod
I3rutalGod
50 posts
Nomad

Okay Shadow, copy+paste this before every post:

Health: 125%
Stamina: 100%
Items A baseball bat, x2 flare guns, x1 radio, x1 first aid kit
Perks: Looter, body builder, free running

--------------------------

You wake up from a daydream of the initial parts of the outbreak. You are in Woodly Mall, an averaged sized mall in the edge of the city and suburbs. There is a group of 20 survivors in the mall, 1/4 of them part of mall security. They have barricaded the front entrance and there is an increasing number of zombies outside. Your fellow survivors seem shocked and most of them aren't up for conversation. One of them seems to be beckoning to you to come over. He is wearing a black t-shirt and seems very sly. The barricade isn't the strongest and looks like it needs strengthening. There are several items that are nearby that you could use for the barricade. There are also some stores that aren't locked and could be looted. DO you....

A. Go to the man in the black T-Shirt and see what he wants

B. Strengthen the barricade

C. See if any other survivors want to talk

D. Go look for lootable stores

E. Look for the guard personnel

B. Use

I3rutalGod
I3rutalGod
50 posts
Nomad

Edit: Disregard that

B.Use
YourShadow
YourShadow
68 posts
Nomad

------

A. I go see what the man wants, keeping my bat in hand in case he tries to attack me

I3rutalGod
I3rutalGod
50 posts
Nomad

------------------------------------------------------

You walk over to the man in the black t-shirt, your baseball in hand. He grins slyly as you make your way through the crowd of survivors. He eyes you without blinking then when your a few steps away he whispers, "Hey...come closer." You get close to him, out of earshot of the other survivors. "The guards for this mall have this radio you see..." The sly man whispers to you, "They have a radio that gives information of military air drops up in their office. If you get this radio for me, I'll give you this...." As he finishes his sentence he pulls out a magnum from his backpack. It is in mint condition and is beautiful. "Get that radio for me and this baby is all yours." Do you....

A. Agree and go look for the security office

B. Agree and walk off. Then return and give him your radio. (Chance of failure)

C. Take your bat and whack him in the head and take the gun

D. Disagree and try to talk to other survivors

E. Disagree and strengthen the barricade

F. Disagree and search for lootable stores

YourShadow
YourShadow
68 posts
Nomad

---

B. I agree to get the radio for him then walk off. 20 minutes later I return and try to give him my normal radio.

I3rutalGod
I3rutalGod
50 posts
Nomad

-------------------------------------------------------------

You walk off, out of sight. Then return. The man is a little cautious of your early return but doesn't give it much thought. He slyly looks at you as you approach him. He nervously beings to bite his lip as you near him. When you are about two feet away he asks "Well did you get it?". You say yes then hand him your normal radio. He looks at it once, then looks back at you. Because your a young college student that looks like someone who wouldn't backstab him he buys it (LUCK). He takes the radio and then hands you the magnum. He then says "Because you got me it so fast, here." He then hands you x18 bullets for the gun. The sly man then takes his backpack and heads towards a staircase that goes to the roof. ITEM GAINED: Magnum w/ x18 bullets . Magnum in hand you now...

A. Strengthen the barricades

B. Try to talk to other survivors

C. Follow the man to the roof

D. Search for lootable stores

E. Look for mall security

I3rutalGod
I3rutalGod
50 posts
Nomad

Oops forgot here is your updated character sheet with your correct items:

Items A baseball bat, x2 flare guns, x1 first aid kit, a magnum, x18 pistol ammo

YourShadow
YourShadow
68 posts
Nomad

Items A baseball bat, x2 flare guns, x1 first aid kit, a magnum, x18 pistol ammo
---

A. I strengthen the cades with some stuff lying around.

I gotta for the night. Seeya tomorrow

Shadowphoenix39
Shadowphoenix39
1,077 posts
Nomad

Items: Radio, First Aid Kit (Three), Flare Gun (Two)
Class: Up Close N' Personal, GPS Nerd, Devil Tongue
Perks: Up Close N' Personal, GPS Nerd, Devil Tongue

Name: Smyke Volotzan
Appearance: A short man, with a gray buzz cut and wrinkly skin, he ages rather quickly, he seems to be ten years older than he really is, he is skinny, with no muscle nor fat. He wears his white coat, it is slightly stained with blood and the sleeves are a bit ripped. He has white latex gloves, under his coat he has a white t shirt. He is wearing his blue jeans, they are worn down and ripped variously. He has green piercing eyes that seem as if he can see into another dimension, he usually finds himself daydreaming.
Small Bio: Smyke was a lonely man, he was never married and both his parents died when he was about 20. He lived in his house alone and depressed, he had watched many people die, being a surgeon and had nothing to comfort him when he got home. Now he awakes, in his hospital office, he had been unconscious, sitting at his desk.
Class: Doctor
Perks: Up Close N' Personal, GPS Nerd, Devil Tongue
Items: Scalpel, Medical Kits (5), Radio, Flare Gun (4), Gas Can
Starting Location: Hospital

I3rutalGod
I3rutalGod
50 posts
Nomad

--------------------------------------------------

You move a table, completely blocking half of the doorway. Then you take some potted plants and contribute to the barricade on the other half of the doorway. The barricade seems to be good enough for now, but there is more stuff lying around that you could use. The man in the black t-shirt is long gone, probably already out of the mall. There are some survivors still hanging about, shocked of the events. There is also one lone mall security man standing alone. You....

A. Keep strengthening the barricade

B. Try to talk to other survivors

C. Talk to the mall security officer

D. Search for lootable shops

E. Look for the man in the black t-shirt

--------------------------------------------

C'mon people join up! There are plenty of spots open!

Shadowphoenix39
Shadowphoenix39
1,077 posts
Nomad

Bottom of first page, I signed up.

I3rutalGod
I3rutalGod
50 posts
Nomad

Some corrections to your sheet Shadow:

You can only choose 2 perks.
You cannot afford that gas can in your inventory.
Please fix your perks and items please

Shadowphoenix39
Shadowphoenix39
1,077 posts
Nomad

Sorry, here is corrected copy.

Appearance: A short man, with a gray buzz cut and wrinkly skin, he ages rather quickly, he seems to be ten years older than he really is, he is skinny, with no muscle nor fat. He wears his white coat, it is slightly stained with blood and the sleeves are a bit ripped. He has white latex gloves, under his coat he has a white t shirt. He is wearing his blue jeans, they are worn down and ripped variously. He has green piercing eyes that seem as if he can see into another dimension, he usually finds himself daydreaming.
Small Bio: Smyke was a lonely man, he was never married and both his parents died when he was about 20. He lived in his house alone and depressed, he had watched many people die, being a surgeon and had nothing to comfort him when he got home. Now he awakes, in his hospital office, he had been unconscious, sitting at his desk.
Perks: Up Close N' Personal, GPS Nerd
Items: Scalpel, Medical Kits (5), Radio, Flare Gun (2), Gas Can
Starting Location: Hospital

I3rutalGod
I3rutalGod
50 posts
Nomad

Health: 100%
Items: Scalpel, Medical Kits x5, Radio, Flare Gun x2, Gas Can x1
Perks: Up Close N' Personal, GPS Nerd
---------------------------

You wake up with a start hearing a blood curling scream from outside your office, nearly falling out of your office chair you had been snoozing in. With the rush of recent bizarre cases of a strange disease, you had been up for nearly 18 hours straight. You are in your small office on the 4th floor of Borahamwood Memorial Hospital. There is a small AC vent in the ceiling of your office that can be reached from your desk. The scream came right down the hall near one of the rooms that had a recently dead patient. Your heart pounding you...

A. Hide in your office, putting your ear to your door, listening for any other sounds

B. Bust out the door, your scalpel in hand, yelling

C. Slowly and quietly open the door and peek out

D. Stand on your desk and try to go through the AC vent

E. Go back to sleep

Showing 1-15 of 67