ForumsProgramming ForumIs it possible to use CS to create a flash game?

5 2956
Morrighan
Morrighan
102 posts
Nomad

My question is exactly what the title says. What a surprise.

I'm just a teenager and I don't have the money to pay for CS4. My friend owns the CS software and that is why I'm wondering if it's possible. All of the tutorials on here are for CS3 and CS4 and other programming software. Also, could you give me any links to tutorials for CS?

All help is appreciated!

Thanks!
~Morrighan

P.S. If you want to find out more about the game I plan to make, please leave me a cooment. It's just in its beginning stages and I could use A LOT of help. ^.^

• 5 Replies
dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

The original Creative Suite was released before Adobe merged with Macromedia, so it doesn't include Flash. There was Flash 8 and CS2, then the merger took place and there was the CS3 bundles which included Flash.

stratplayer929
stratplayer929
99 posts
Nomad

CS1, no, because the original CS was released previous to the acquisition/merger of Adobe and Macromedia. After that, Flash was tacked onto the massive bundle of software now referred to as CS4. Flash CS2 was available as a web package with Dreamweaver and Fireworks, as well as single purchase, and Flash 8 was also available. Then CS3 came out and they revamped Flash into Flash CS3 Professional, which is the most commonly found version. The latest version is Flash CS4.

Yes, you can make one with CS, but ultimately, you'd have to have some version of Flash to put it into .flv file format and make sure everything works accordingly.

Morrighan
Morrighan
102 posts
Nomad

I thought I had other posts before you two, or am I just imagining things? Because I could have sworn I already replied.

Thank you. I'll just have to wait I guess.

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

Flash CS2 was available as a web package with Dreamweaver and Fireworks

There was never a CS2 version of Flash. CS2 was released just after the merger and Adobe had already packaged/marketed it. Though they did release a bundle with Flash and Dweaver in it.

Yes, you can make one with CS, but ultimately, you'd have to have some version of Flash to put it into .flv file format and make sure everything works accordingly.

You can't really make an entire game with CS. YOu can use some of the CS products to create sprites and assets, but you can't program a game with it.
Also, .flv are movie files that can be embedded or played in .swf format, they aren't actual Flash files.

I thought I had other posts before you two

They were deleted. Make sure to double check the rules.
Morrighan
Morrighan
102 posts
Nomad

They were deleted. Make sure to double check the rules.

Oh, ok. Will do. ^.^
Showing 1-5 of 5