ForumsArt, Music, and WritingDark Reign ~ A Story In Progress

119 16308
Morrighan
Morrighan
102 posts
Nomad

Hello fellow Armor Gamers. I'm an avid writer and I've started planning a story called Dark Reign. It's a vampire story and it takes place during our time in the city of Seattle. I'll be posting tidbits about it along and along and I appreciate any comments. Thank you.

~Morrighan

P.S. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

• 119 Replies
Morrighan
Morrighan
102 posts
Nomad

Thats all you have to say?

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

I haven't even read that series or heard of that author. I swear.

Well then you should totally read it!
It's really good. And interesting, and more.. real.

Can't wait to hear your other ideas.

ok

*headdesk* -.-'
Morrighan
Morrighan
102 posts
Nomad

Thanks jezz I really appreciate that.

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

No problem, have you found that sheet of paper yet?

Also if you're stuck for ideas, i'll be happy to help. I'm no great writer but I do have a stroke of brilliance every now and again. Well.. once in a blue moon ;D

Morrighan
Morrighan
102 posts
Nomad

Indeed I have, but it is at home, and I am at school.

Thanks. I appreciate that.

GreatZulu638
GreatZulu638
279 posts
Nomad

sounds like this will be interesting.

Morrighan
Morrighan
102 posts
Nomad

Ok, here it is. The second version, which is MUCH better.

Vampires worship the Goddess Nyx. This is why people believe a cross hurts a vampire, but it really has no affect. Vampires don't like trying to be converted.

Some vampires are born with an allergic reaction to garlic. Vampires do eat human food, and most enjoy Italian cuisine.

Vampires have very fair skin so they can't take much sun. They prefer to travel at night, but can come out during the day if it's storming. Vampires don't burst into flame when the sun touches them. Half vampires and Innocent vampires can go out during the day.

Not all vampires are alike. Some are born, and some are created. Only full blooded vampires can be born, and half vampires can be created. Once every century an "Innocent" vampire is born.

Vampires need a little sleep, but not near as much as humans. Back before vampires could fit in with society they slept in coffins. They've even formed their own communities, unknown by humans.

Vampire clans and families have their own special marks. No two marks are the same. Half vampires don't have Marks.

Much better than the first one, no? Sorry to those of you who wanted lycanthropes, but this is just vampires and humans. I will be making some refrences to them though.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Is this the background information before you hit us with the real thing and either send us sprawling on the floor or staring, eyes affixed at the screen?

Pretty decent, though I do not typically fancy or rather am not particularly fond of stories centering on modern vampires.

Which reminds me. I better update my old thread that is covered with cobwebs and dust. Although than a 14th Century crypt....

Morrighan
Morrighan
102 posts
Nomad

It is nichodemus, and I hope I keep your eyes "affixed at the screen".

Well I'm the exact opposite, I'm not much of a Dracula girl.

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

Have you got any more ideas?
Perhaps a first chapter? Or a Prologue?
Any ideas for vampire names? Or different clan characteristics?
Sorry for the questions lol.. I've got some ideas, i'll write 'em down and tell you them later!

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

It really is in progress .

Post quickly or we'll hunt all vampires down with stakes! Like Jezz said, please update the thread....it's getting pretty empty in here. I can here the echoes of my typing...

Dracula fan here. Good old-fashioned traditional blood-sucking vampires triumph over teenage high school romantic half-humans.

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

*is in agreement*. I'm loving good ol' Dracula! I like reading different takes on vampires too. Especially when they have different enemies other than the typical lycans.
I have to admit, I have read the Twilight series. And I did enjoy it. But I also have to say it is far too glamorous a lifestyle for vampires!

You have two eager readers here, Morrighan. Keep it up!

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Yes. Eagerly awaiting to sink my hungry mouth into. My teeth have not bitten anything worthy in the past two hundred years.

Christopher Lee makes a much better vampire than Robert Patterson.

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

Nich, I think you'll find its Pattinson ;D
*fangirl moment*

Eughh just kidding. I don't even like him the tiniest bit.

How about Interview With A Vampire? Have you seen that?

My teeth have not bitten anything worthy in the past two hundred years.

Hold on a sec.. 200 years... teeth... but that makes you a... a.. vampire?!
*shrieks and runs for cover*
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Vampire you say? No not a vampire...Though according to the Lunar Calendar, I'm born in the Year of the Dog. Wolfish. Hint hint.

Pattinson

A mark of pride for me. It shows my ignorance on the topic of Twilight. It puts Christopher Lee in a bad light. I mean...vampires kissing? Mention that 200 years ago and they'll tell you to get airholes drilled in your head.
Showing 31-45 of 119