ForumsThe TavernDiary Of A Wimpy Kid Rodrick Rules (September Monday)

8 3094
dnguyen
dnguyen
614 posts
Nomad

Hello, people!

I'll be showing you the book Diary Of A Wimpy Kid Rodrick Rules by. Jeff Kinney

Here's Day 1

P.S. I'll be showing each day reading the next day and I'm not showing the pictures.

September

Monday
I guess Mom was pretty proud of herself for making me write in that journal last year, because how she went and bought me another one.

But remember how I said that if some jerk caught me carrying a book with "diary" on the cover they were gonna get the wrong idea? Well, that's exactly what happened today.

Now that Rodrick knows I have another journal, I better remember to keep this one locked up. Rodrick actually got a hold of my LAST journal a few weeks back, and it was a disaster. But don't even get me started on THAT story.

Even without my Rodrick problems, my summer was pretty lousy.

Our family didn't go anywhere or do anything fun, and that's Dad's fault. Dad made me join the swim team again, and he wanted to make sure I didn't miss any meets this year.

Dad's got this idea that I'm destined to be a great swimmer or something, so that's why he makes me join the team every summer.

At my first swim meet a couple of years ago, Dad told me that when the umpire shot off the starter pistol, I was supposed to dive in and start swimming.

But what he DIDN'T tell me was that the starter gun only fired BLANKS.

So I was a whole lot more worried about where the bullet was gonna land than I was about getting myself to the other end of the pool.

Even after Dad explained the whole "starter pistol" concept to me, I was still the worst swimmer on the team.

But I did end up winning "Most Improved" at the awards banquet at the end of the summer. That's only because there was a ten-minute difference between my first race and my last one.

So I guess Dad's still waiting for me to live up to my potential.

In a lot of ways, being on the swim team was worse than being in middle school.

First of all, we had to be at the pool by 7:30 every morning, and the water was always FREEZING cold.

And second of all, we were all crammed into two lanes so I always had somebody on my tail trying to get around me.

The reason we had to use two lanes because swim practice was at the same time as the Water Jazz class.

I actually tried to convince Dad to let me do Water Jazz instead of swim team, but he wouldn't go for it.

This was the first summer the coach let us boys wear swim trunks instead of those skimpy racing trunks. But Mom said Rodrick's hand-me-down bathing suit was "perfectly fine."

After swim practice, Rodrick would pick me up on his band's van. Mom had this crazy idea that if me and Rodrick spent "quality time" on the ride home every day, we wouldn't fight as much. But all it did was make things a lot worse.

Rodrick was always a hapf hour late picking me up.

And he wouldn't let me sit up front. He said the chlorine would ruin his seat, even though the van is something like fifteen years old.

Rodrick's van doesn't actually have any seats in the back, so I had to squeeze in with all the band equipment. And every time the van came to a stop

• 8 Replies
dnguyen
dnguyen
614 posts
Nomad

, I had to pray I didn't get my head taken off by one of Rodrick's drums.

I ended up walking home every day instead of getting a ride from Rodrick. I figured it was better to just walk the two miles than to get brain damage riding in the back of that van.

Halfway through the summer, I decided I was pretty much done with swim team. So I came up with a trick to get out of practice.

I'd swim a few laps, and then I'd ask the coach if I could use the bathroom. Then I'd use just hide out in the locker room until practice was over.

The only problem with my plan was that it was something like forty degrees in the boys' bathroom. So it was even colder in THERE than it was in the pool.

I had to wrap myself up in toilet paper so I didn't get hypothermia.

That's how I spent a pretty big chunk of my summer vacation. And that's why I'm actually looking forward to going back to school tomorrow.

kacboy
kacboy
1,846 posts
Nomad

fst6
yes he is...

Shadowphoenix39
Shadowphoenix39
1,077 posts
Nomad

Isn't that illegal or something?

SuperZagron
SuperZagron
424 posts
Nomad

Wow. This might take a while.

jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

Hm are you thinking what im thinkg ... SPAM!!! Lol just buy the book -_-

kacboy
kacboy
1,846 posts
Nomad

i already got this book

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

The law states that you cannot reproduce copyrighted material in any way....

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Woah, woahwoahwoahwoah. Stop!

You absolutely cannot post a book in its entirety, or even any significant portion! You really need to read up copyright laws.

Showing 1-8 of 8