ForumsThe Tavernany tips for playing guitar?

24 4434
Hermann0212
Hermann0212
150 posts
Nomad

Ya i need some tips I am doing pretty good for to days but i have difficulties changing from 1 note to the other fast enuf.
The notes i no how to play by heart are A-Major and E-Major. I cant do the others without a book infront of me or the free online guitar lessons i take

• 24 Replies
Hermann0212
Hermann0212
150 posts
Nomad

any1 got any tips

Gimgak
Gimgak
294 posts
Nomad

get a tutor?

hellian00
hellian00
874 posts
Nomad

Patience, and practice. But, don't force yourself to practice. Only do it when you want to, or guitar will become a chore, and you will never be able to have fun.

armorkas
armorkas
396 posts
Nomad

this should be in game section, not tavern...i guess it does fit the tavern though...

hellian00
hellian00
874 posts
Nomad

Why game section. Guitar is no game dude.

joshuadelacruz1
joshuadelacruz1
112 posts
Nomad

sorry but i play piano ....

DecadentDragon
DecadentDragon
242 posts
Nomad

Stay away from Guitar Hero.

Gimgak
Gimgak
294 posts
Nomad

lol DecandentDragon, those are words of wisdom

zorvaz
zorvaz
202 posts
Nomad

Ok. Heres some tips
1.DO not start chords start on tab otherwise youll waste 2 years of your life doing nothing
2.Use the internet, their are some great tabs out there and i know.
3.Get guitar pro, It is only around$50 and can teach you more in a week than youll learn in a year. JUst think if its like 10 bucks per lesson you just paid 50 for non stop tutoring.
4. Do not learn chords you will learn them in highschool.
I started guitar when i was 8 and did nothing but chords for 2 years so i quit. now we are learning chords in highschool. ANd i self taught my self tab without a tutor

zorvaz
zorvaz
202 posts
Nomad

And decandentdragon is right there although i got some of the songs i know off guitar hero. When u get good do not play guitar hero for ages otherwise it stuffs up your fingering because u get used to the small neck. After not practicing my guitar for a week and playing guitar hero i couldnt even play Snow (hey oh) fast.

DecadentDragon
DecadentDragon
242 posts
Nomad

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QjA5faZF1A8&feature=related

hellian00
hellian00
874 posts
Nomad

Don't buy a FirstAct. Worst way to spend $50, ever. Buy a half-decent guitar that will last. I'd be ashamed to own a FirstAct.

Hermann0212
Hermann0212
150 posts
Nomad

well i have a decent one its called burswood. But my amp is a practice amp.

hellian00
hellian00
874 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I was lucky, I got a wicked first guitar. Here's the specs:

20+ year old Jackson
Floyd Rose floating bridge
Bridge has dock for whammie-bar.
2 Hummbuckers, 1 single coil pickup
full 24-fret neck
black

iskane
iskane
267 posts
Nomad

If you're going to be working with notes, use tab. It's really easy. It tells you what fret and what string to play on. And it looks like acual music so it'll make you feel like a real musician. When learning chords that's pretty simple. Bar chords are more advanced. Bar chords are where you have to put your entire index finger over the whole fret. Any specific questions just comment on my page.

Showing 1-15 of 24