ForumsForum GamesRP coming soon

13 2769
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

To keep the Tavern free of RP threads, this thread is in the Forum Games.

So, I decided I would make an RP session. However, I plan on creating my own chat room eventually where we may have a live session. It is nearly impossible to RP over the forums.

My RP shall include many classes and will focus on characterature (say that 5 times in a row and tell me that your mouth isn't sore) and role playing (obviously). There will be no stats! You can do anything that your character is abled to do.

We will have a campaign that contains the players and the Narrator (Dungeon Master). The narrator will play out all enemies and other characters and environment.

There are a few guidelines that must be followed.

1. You are not invincible. You are not the strongest being ever. You are not the "all knowing." And most importantly, you are not above the Narrator in any way shape or form.

2. You must be specific with your actions! If you attack a troll, you must be specific. You do not decide the outcome of your attack!

For Example:
/slashes sword at the troll's arm.

or if your really into it (note: this may have a better outcome)...

/holds shield up close to the face and plants feet firmly on the ground, then attempts to swing the sword across the troll's neck.

I will instantly kill you if you do this...

/decapitates the troll with the sword.

3. Be respectful, don't flame, blah blah blah.

Here are the classes I came up with so far. Some may not become available till later in the campaign.

Knight --> Paladin or Black Knight

Monk

Theif --> Rogue/Assassin

Archer --> Beastmaster

Mage

Elemental Mage

Priest

Dark Mage -> Warlock or Puppet Master or Necromancer

So far those are all the classes I came up with. I still need to figure out spells, maybe more classes.

So if you have any ideas or comments, leave them here or on my profile. If anybody knows a good website were I can admin my own chatroom, that will also be greatly apreciated. The more feedback I get, the sooner we can get the show on the road.

Nemo out

• 13 Replies
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

*is interested*

I can't help you with a chatroom though... Unless you want to try Xat Chat...

Nope, I cna't help...

Shadowphoenix39
Shadowphoenix39
1,077 posts
Nomad

Puppet Master. >

Sounds cool, never thought of chatroom RPG, maybe I should do that with m-Oops! I said too much! -holds gun out-

"Don't say a word!"

mattt15
mattt15
1,669 posts
Nomad

Archer could also be a Arch Range or Elemental Archer.

Thief could be a ninja.

Knight could also be a spearman or samurai

A dark mage could also be a summoner. Thats all I could say.
But i would like to add a new class. Its Blader. Someone that uses 2 blades.

Blader then Elemental Blader or Blade Thrower

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

I'm definitely interested.

I would definitely suggest some form of strict "fighter". You've got the alignment-fighters in paladin/black knight, and the monk, but no strict fighter.

You could have a fighter archetype, then progress to something like a swashbuckler - or to use mattt15's name, a Blader - or an Armsman. Something of that nature.

CloudHill
CloudHill
313 posts
Nomad

Skype is good as a chatroom, you would just have to add everyone. Also, you can use voice chat if necessary.

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

Mage = Wizard

That is all I could think of

CloudHill
CloudHill
313 posts
Nomad

I have an idea for a class. You have the knight, which is kind of like a warrior who serves a king, but maybe it could be like this:

Guard => Black Knight (corrupt)=> Doom Lord (corrupt)
II
V
Knight (holy)=> Holy Guard (holy)

And also:

Magician
II
V
Mage=> Dark Mage (corrupt)=> Sorceror (evil)
V
Wizard (order)=> Paladin (holy)
ll
V
Elemental Mage => Elemental Being

CloudHill
CloudHill
313 posts
Nomad

sorry for the double-post but:
change Knight (holy) to Knight (order)

Change Doom Lord (corrupt) to Doom Lord (evil)

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I am going to keep the classes vague. Alignment is not going to play a huge role (at least, according to the classes). This way, you can become basicly anything you want! I will add another class, maybe call it fighter and let them become a berzerker. Of course, the change will be gradual and the class name may never actually be mentioned.

A dark mage mastering dark magic may start training to control innatimate objects, starting with dolls and moving to suits of armour, or he may continue training his abilities to cast wicked spells that corrupt the enemie. He may learn how to raise cratures from the dead or summon outworldly creatures. It is completely up to the player.

Just, don't jump from being a beger to an all mighty wizard in one setting.

So does AIM or MSN work for anybody?

CloudHill
CloudHill
313 posts
Nomad

SKYPE! Na, i'm good with AIM, but i have no MSN. It would be cool if everyone had trillian, because then everyone would be able to talk, even if they had a Yahoo.

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

Either is good with me.

Riou1231
Riou1231
4,825 posts
Peasant

RP?! As in Roleplaying?! I love Roleplaying!!! But... what about this so called chat?

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

I can't download anything because of parental controls and stubborn dad, so thats a downer.

Showing 1-13 of 13