ForumsGame WalkthroughsGemcraft Chapter 0 Level 18

11 15132
silver7
silver7
1 posts
Nomad

Hi there
Doesn't seem like anyone else besides me has much difficulty with that level-one of the 1st ones after the Arcane Guardian, with Triple Damage and Steal Mana gems. I cannot beat it, I've tried everything, including making higher grade gems and destroying Healing Beacons. They just come so fast all at once and the Shrine only works once!
Any tips out there?
By the way, I've seen some walkthroughs which might be great but I'm only level 26 and have 4000 mana (maxed out). Sounds good but it doesn't seem to be enough for this particular level.

• 11 Replies
Wolfyone
Wolfyone
1 posts
Nomad

Try throwing 1 or 2 level 1 gems in anger at the monster bar early on. It will almost double the amount of monsters sent for that wave, with a little higher hp. But you will get full mana for each monster killed. Adds up really fast. Don't go overboard though.

nozo_ito
nozo_ito
266 posts
Farmer

Destroy the mob-spawn building (using gem bombs) before wave 7, then you'll be okey.

surfthenet
surfthenet
703 posts
Nomad

1. Try to read original walkthrough here

2. U can always do different strategy

3. try this general tips and tricks

General Strategy:

1. Don't use 3x speed frequently (by using regular speed you will learn a lot of things, see more chances, strategies, etc).

2. No anger mode more than 8 times per wave (except u know what u r doing) 30 times per wave will make monster bulletproof.

3. Patience, no need to hurry, and analyze what u need most for the next wave.

4. Wrong tower position (very important), earlier towers always place it in the most wide area as possible.

5. Put some traps in the beginning, slow, mana, poison, repeat it later, put slow trench near the most towers u have gather at one place.

6. Put tower in beginning, middle and end, it will generate more mana and stand stronger with banishment, this should be done after u have some towers located nearby altogether.

7. better 3 towers with 2nd grade in the early game than 2 towers with 3rd grade, except for armored.

8. 'Supergemming' technique, first, combine 2 different colours (it has more damage/range/etc), then add 1st grade gems with the same color with the gem you combine. It will add gem range/damage/etc. I thought at first this tech is a bug, becoz u can't do it on gemcraft origin, but it works awesome here yay. I know this technique from margomai. But this technique will be a little bit lousy after gem grade 9 ups (just add too little damage, waste your mana)

9. Always Try to defeat 3x XP mode first. (U'll level up faster), after level 56 u might want to play endurance first and level up like crazy about 50 level one game

10. If u got multiple same color everytime u creates a gem, the strategy is to reserve several colors in stock, use it later with bomb to change into colors u need. reserve some for later use.

11. Some monsters have strong/weak points against certain gems, swarm mode easy with red, combine with blue/yellow. R/G is also good

12. Carapace mode, put some high grades towers gems in the beginning, and end it with lower level gems (put higher level gems is a better way, becoz they r slow, unlike swarm), (use R/P trap, R/B one trap before R/P)

13. Sudden death mode is a good practice to analyze your skill placement, tower placement and right/wrong strategy implementation.

14. Better use anger mode at early waves and not at armored monsters (except your gem higher than their armor and have some R/P traps).

15. At some stage with Mana tap shrine and Anger shrine and Experience shrine, u can call all waves at once(around 2000 monsters on field), use Mana tap first to get mana, Experience shrine, then finish them with Anger shrine (usually there are some monsters left) but u got around 20k mana, use it wisely.

16. If u play slowly, u will see more possibility and new combination, it just creatively shows up, relax and enjoy.

17. Try to use skill that can covers the stage condition, mostly if u use gem skill, match it with the gem that is provided by that stage.

18. Last thing, relax, if a level too hard to beat, just leave it for a while, come back later with extreme different strategy. (^-^)

For mastering endurance mode (for GC crazy player only), I prefer vesperbot and Lankhr rather than mine, but u can try it and later will know the difference (they got very high score)

I put 3 colours gems, it has amazing result.

Red-blue-purple Red gem (+5 monsters hit, only after grade 5) add with blue and shock (put it in the most intersection with most towers). Lol, the monsters just stop in the trap (becoz it has slow and shock)

Yellow-red-orange grade 8 in traps, put it in the L path (i mean corners, becoz yellow add range so much, it will be a little useless if u put it in straight lines.

U will need all types of gems, purple (becoz later their armor will be very high)

I put slow every 5 tiles.

when i put grade 4 shock in traps, it says 17% chance to shock, when i add grade 4 re gem, it says 10% chance to shock but with +5 monster (so it's about 60%) in an area full of monsters yay

don't anger swarm too much, it has lowest score gain (with the highest trouble gain lol) becoz it lets the slower monsters (with higher banishment) to banish.

surfthenet
surfthenet
703 posts
Nomad

For mastering endurance mode (for GC crazy player only), I prefer vesperbot and Lankhr rather than mine, but u can try it and later will know the difference (they got very high score)

yes, yours is better i say it in my post right, i just want to try different combo and see the result, simply like that. Actually, i hope there is triple gems mastery and 4 gems mastery lol

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

Try to keep gems pure, but you it would be your advantage if you can mix em' up in a trap.

Well-thought out guide, but i can never beat the game.

surfthenet
surfthenet
703 posts
Nomad

which id level u feel too hard?

surfthenet
surfthenet
703 posts
Nomad

sorry, the link for endurance mode is invalid. should be here

learn your strategy from masters hahaha....

rafa1
rafa1
92 posts
Nomad

DUAL GEM MASTERY IT WILL SOLVE ALL YOUR PROBLEMS

surfthenet
surfthenet
703 posts
Nomad

Lankhr, do you think putting the first and last trap with pure Orange is good?

Or O/C?

TharosTheDragon
TharosTheDragon
202 posts
Farmer

Okay, this thread is majorly spammed up since no one has actually addressed the question of this topic, which is level 18.

Silver7, here's a few tips in case you still can't beat that level. You only need two towers since you've got two colors of gems. Build them in the two tiles directly to the left of the shrine, inside the loop. Naturally you'll have to destroy the infested building that's between your gem towers and your wizard tower. It only has 900 hit points, so it should only take six gem bombs even without any gem bomb skills. With Forge level 8, you can destroy that building for only 138 mana.

lukaspukas
lukaspukas
8 posts
Peasant

I'm lvl 82 and got some experience so heres some tips - For lvl 18 thest destroy the building ,make a lot of lower grade gems so you can easily make some dual ones ,upgrad mana and crit hit masteries.
Now for some general tips for gemcraft -
Those who say that pure gems are better then dual are idiots ,
never get a skill over lvl 7 - it will save you a lot of points to get other skills up.
Now about skills - first get youre focus and towerbuilder up ,then get youre forge and mana gain up. Then get youre dual gem mastery. Now for the fun part - after you get to about lvl 40 - START MASTERING GEMS - I dont use the gem improving skills becouse gem masteries are way better.
Start the gem mastering with geting 2 masteries to lvl 9 LVL 9. Dont thest add to one at a time - to get 2 gem masteries you need 60skill points.
When you get 2 gem mastries to lvl 9 you will get 1 grade 3 and 1 grade 2 gem of each king. Now for the trick - at start of a attle combine the gems to 1 grade 4 and 1 grade 3 dual gem! Make 2 towers ,put gems in and then thest keep upgrading them or making new ones - I'm at lvl 82 now and i mastered all gem masteries to lvl 9 - ALL OF EM!! So at start of battle I get 4 grade 4 and 4 grade 3 gems!!! It takes all the initial ana to combine them and put half of em to towers. After you got em all to towers start making grade 3 gems and upgrade youre old ones - its important to combine gems equaly like mana with crit grade 3 and mana with cirit grade 2. Couse later you will be able to combine those 2 gems into a grade 5 gem! Its important to know what kinds of gems you can make in a battle - using that info master only those gems! - put all left points to gem improving - at later levels I started using 6 gems and mastering those I will be able to improve every few lvls. Im every battle after you got all youre starter gems from 16 (if you got all 8 mastered) to only 4 you can start making them to hiter grade. Thats all I can tell ye.

Showing 1-11 of 11