ForumsForum GamesCollaborative RPG ("tryouts")

23 3593
CloudHill
CloudHill
313 posts
Nomad

I have an idea for an RPG that is based off of a pre-existing topic: "I Need Help For My Next RPG"
Instead of asking for ideas, i will leave certain people in charge of certain topics.

Ex: One person will make monsters

The spots are:
Storyline creator:
Updates the story, and introduces plot-lines.

Status creator:
Decides how much exp you need to gain a level, what your stats are at each level, and the skills that you can upgrade at each level

Class creator:
The class creator will create classes, skills of classes, ways to raise your proficiency in a class, pros and cons of classes, and specialties of classes.

Monster creator:
Creates new enemies for each zone that is entered, decides their stats for each of their levels, where they can be found, and their pros and cons.

Miscellaneous creator:
Makes maps, lists, items, prices, shops, cities, and interactions.

So far, i am going to be the storyline creator, but i will begin the RPG so that each of the creators can base their creations off of something.

• 23 Replies
Sodacan
Sodacan
215 posts
Nomad

Status Creator all the way. And is this to help people or to make an RPG lol.

CloudHill
CloudHill
313 posts
Nomad

Whoever gets these positions will be working on an RPG together.
I just haven't had the time to get the basics down for you to add on to.
I'll have it by Tuesday... or Monday.

Riou1231
Riou1231
4,825 posts
Peasant

I'll be the Monster creator! I love monsters and making the monsters themselves is even better!

zlith
zlith
1,252 posts
Nomad

totally class creator. Sodacan you beat me :'(

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

Storyline Creator kthxbi

Sodacan
Sodacan
215 posts
Nomad

Rofl jezz. Cloud toke it but not one person can do the job. Btw Cloud you already abanded that Zombie RPG i made, And you can't read because of it lol. Btw my job is easy >

CloudHill
CloudHill
313 posts
Nomad

Basics are here, your first task is to build off of them, and come up with something to post.

Storyline:
The continent is in chaos, with rebel groups popping up all over, your job is to
Rebel- Build an army to overthrow what you see as a corrupt establishment
Legion- Push back enemy forces, and get allies to support you from other kingdoms

Lvl-
1 exp/10 +20 skill points, + 200 stat points
2 exp/20 +5 skill points, +20 stat points
3 exp/35 +5 skill points, +20 stat points
4 exp/55 +5 skill points, +20 stat points
5 exp/80 +7 skill points, +30 stat points
(exp is a direct arithmetic function)
Hit points (health), Energy points (physical), Mana points (magic)
Power (physical off.) Strength (physical def.), Accuracy (hit rate), Dexterity (dodge), Concentration (magic off.) , Will (magic def.)
White Knight=>
Dark Knight=>

Pro: Power and Strength boost
Con: Concentration and Will decrease

Mage=> Wizard, Priest, Illusionist, Elemental Mage
Wizard=>
Priest=>
Illusionist=>
Elemental Mage=>

Pro: Concentration and Will boost
Con: Power and Strength decrease
lvl stats: p/s/a/d(2+l), c/w(0), hp: 30+ 10l, ep: 20+ 30l
Region: All

Riou1231
Riou1231
4,825 posts
Peasant

Monsters

Rebel
50 HP 20 EP MP 0
Power: 5
Strength: 4
Accuracy: 6
Dexterity: 3
Concentration: 1
Will: 1
Element:None
Dropsagger,Leather Gloves,Gold
Region:All

Thug
70 HP 15 EP MP 0
Power:7
Strength: 6
Accuracy:4
Dexterity:1
Concentration:0
Will:0
Drops:Short Sword,Gold

Barbarian
100 HP 10 EP 0 MP
Power:10
Strength:5
Accuracy:2
Dexterity:1
Concentration:0
Will:0
Dropsouble-Bladed Axe,Wooden Shield

Gorrak
300 HP 50 EP 20 MP
Power:20
Strength:10
Accuracy:5
Dexterity:3
Concentration:2
Will:1
Drops:Two-Handed Sword,Skull Helmet,Leather Armor,Gold
Region:???

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I found a loop hole...

You can't have a different person for each "job" you presented here because:

You can't have a story creator untill you have some idea of a map from the miscellaneous creator who in turn would need to be the story teller to decide what the interactions between two cities, or clans, or tribes, or groups, or gangs would be. You can't make a story without knowing what classes will be included as well as the fact that the monster creator would have to base his monsters off the story, the map, and the classes created by the three of the above creators. In the mean time, the status creator is waiting for the other creators to do their part because he can't creat abbilities untill he knows what kind of abilities will be used on what kinds of creatures or people and what abilities should be available for each class let alone the stats for each creature and class.

And speaking of stats... you need multiple dice and predetermined spells along with a chart of some sort to explain which rolls are a miss or hit. If you use the stats in a way where the dice are not used then you will have a win/lose, no acception, type of game going on where luck plays no roll. In fact, all the RP sessions I have seen in this forum have not used their stats in any way and people just move along with the story. So to put it straight, having stats in the forums is like having points in Whos Line is it Anyway?, where points don't matter and nobody wins!

Honestly, most RPs I have seen on the forums fail because nearly the whole thread is made up of people posting character sheets and stats that don't even play a role when the RP begins... that is, if it ever begins!

And that is why this thread wont work. Add some people who want to participate on AIM or MSN, and talk about ideas together. Don't asign jobs... just let everyone brainstorm together!

zlith
zlith
1,252 posts
Nomad

1=Warrior skill: armor break. doubles damage on selected enemy for 2 turns.

2a=Knight skills: focus. builds focus to use honor - honor. multiplyes damage by focus count for 1 attack.
2b=White Knight skills: whistle. calls a horse to mount and increase speed - rally. calls 5 weak guards to help with the fight
2c=Dark Knight skills: roar. scares all enemy's so they cannot attack for 2 turns - corrupt. corrupts one enemy to help you some stronger enemys require more uses.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1=Mage skill: harden. doubles allys 1 defence

2a=Priest Skills: pray. heals one ally for 30% health - exorcise. heals all status effects on 1 ally.
2b=Illusionist skills: trick. creats a fake ally that enemys will attack - vanish. makes it so one ally is invisible so they can sneak attack.
2c=Elemental Mage skills: elemental shot. shoots a ball of a cirtain element - dual elemental shot: speaks for itself note~some 2 elements can have a special interaction
2d=Wizard skills: revive. brings a creature back to life (ally enemy or other) - enchant. can make a statue or other object come to life

I will think of new classes when there is a need to. I don't want to make classes that will never be used.

CloudHill
CloudHill
313 posts
Nomad

NoNameC68.
I called it a collaboration cause you work together.

OK?

So stop being a know-it-all and read the first post.

Shadowphoenix39
Shadowphoenix39
1,077 posts
Nomad

Misc. If it isn't taken.

Sodacan
Sodacan
215 posts
Nomad

Umm... I was just thinking of something but NoName really bored me out on his speech. Which i really didn't see the point in it. Good try tho o-o

Riou1231
Riou1231
4,825 posts
Peasant

P.S Gorrak is a Boss!

CloudHill
CloudHill
313 posts
Nomad

Great job on the quickness of replying riou and sodacan, and sodacan, you should make new bases for classes at least, like ranger and stuff so that there will actually be something to see if anyone wants to be it, then if not, you don't have to worry about stages after that.

Showing 1-15 of 23