logantheking

251 posts

Is this for one of the Sonny games?

Posted Nov 4, '10 at 7:07pm

tummychow

tummychow

7 posts

Yeah, it's for the second one.
Still working on the guardians. That massive damage boost is real trouble. (I'm considering waiting it out like I did for the duty shields vs the council and mayor.)

Posted Nov 4, '10 at 9:55pm

tummychow

tummychow

7 posts

Never mind, I figured out how to beat them. It's another one of these wait-out strategies though. I just like having a really stable means of killing, no matter how long it seems to take.
I was carrying leading strike, both crystallizes, toxicant form, shadow blend, agile exposure, withdrawal, and disrupt. (The disrupt is not really necessary, you can use whatever you want.)
The key problem, as with the Duty shields, is that using a shield over a shield recharges the old shield. You can beat both guys down really far, but because of the shield buff they regenerate tons of HP per turn. It's doable that way, but I wanted a more stable strat. So what I did was I crystallized the south guardian and whacked the first one repeatedly. I used agile exposure and leading strike in a cycle mainly. Whenever my HP was at risk, I used withdrawal instead of leading strike to recover. Killing the north took about 20 turns.
From there, I kept the south one crystallized for the remaining ~80 turns continuously. Once Twin Guardians wears off, there are two ways to play. One takes a bit more risk than the other.
The first way, and far faster, is to use the Withdrawal combo. I had 420 speed without shadow blend so you really have to watch out; if you get two turns in a row the combo will screw up. I'd recommend playing around with shadow blend just to see if you get 2 turns in a row, while the south guardian is still crystallized. If you do get a double turn, start the combo a turn late so the crystallize is off when you're ready to withdrawal. A crit dealt about 26k damage; without the 10k shield that was an easy one shot. Failure to get a crit though kinda sucks. The guardian will often get two turns once shadow blend wears off and kill two people.
The safer but way slower way is to use shadow blend on roald or veradux a turn before crystallize wears off. This makes them faster than you. Crystallize again on the next turn. They'll attack first and deal some damage - without the shield regenerating 700HP per turn, or recharging between crystallizes, you'll slowly but surely work the guardian's HP down over about 30 turns.

Posted Dec 25, '10 at 2:02pm

moosemuffin

moosemuffin

1 post

yay thank you!

Posted Sep 29, '13 at 12:18am

knastymike

knastymike

1 post

4 years later, and this is still the best walkthrough for Sonny 2 I've ever found.

Reply to GUIDE: All Achievements, One Game

You must be logged in to post a reply!