ForumsProgramming ForumLearning to program

11 4950
Raistlin847
Raistlin847
270 posts
Nomad

anyone have some good sites where I could learn a bit on how to program games?

• 11 Replies
FizZle
FizZle
8 posts
Nomad

really i dont like to say u are silly but to program games u should know allot of things ^^

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

Well, I think you should learn to program. Basic computer programming. Once you control this, you might grasp the concept of gaming programming, even though it's different.

Python is a really nice tool for programming on the computer and it has quite a lot of good tutorials on the site.

Gimgak
Gimgak
294 posts
Nomad

go to newgrounds. anyone can make simple games

nqkoi1
nqkoi1
382 posts
Nomad

Calm what does Python have to do witn games.

killerbook1
killerbook1
36 posts
Nomad

im interested in game programming too.
What exactly is python?

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

@ nqkoi1

python has nothing to do with games^^.
I know I might seem off topic with my previous post, but what I meant is that if you know how to simply program with a computer then it'll be easier to program games.
Python won't allow you to program flash games though. it's only a great tool to learn how to do simple programmation on your CPU.
I don't think that it'll be easy for someone who has never experienced programming on the CPU to learn to program games, though it is possible...

nqkoi1
nqkoi1
382 posts
Nomad

Thats odd I do very badly on Python, but can handle myself in small games.

scientifico
scientifico
68 posts
Nomad

dont you use formulas to program a game? like ab*m=(gd+23) or some other wierd algebra thingymajig.my freind made a game when he was 9 and that what he did.

IchigoxKenpachi
IchigoxKenpachi
2 posts
Nomad

Yea same her im interested in learnin how too program but need a place too start.

Can anyone offer any ideas.? Thx

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

You can find loads of tutorials on the web about regular programming and games programming.
I wouls suggest python for regular programming and there are quite good tutorials about games programming on Newgrounds, in the Collections section.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

lol study take classes google flash borrow books from the library i think armor games only take flash games and flash is a very good program for people that don't know that much..

Showing 1-11 of 11