Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

Posted Apr 11, '10 at 1:11am

Strop

Strop

10,824 posts

Crimson: don't worry, nothing's going on in this thread currently!

I'm preparing some cameos, as you can see. I'll be getting onto yours in a moment, Ulimited!

Posted Apr 11, '10 at 2:55am

thoadthetoad

thoadthetoad

5,439 posts

Good to have a computer and be back again.

OH well, I got my Q&A in. I hope you like it Strop.

I'm starting to like thoad as a character, but this is a very, VERY crucial part to his storyline. Hell, if he won this then that would be the huge jump in his storyline that I've been looking for. I always wanted him to become a mod at least somewhere in his AG times. It's like Naruto becoming a neenja. It just had to happen.

Oh btw, me has some actual FIGHTIN' SKEELZ. Therefore Thoadsy has been enhanced. (like I actually learned to do a roundhouse the other day! It's fun knowing that I could sprain my ankle and break someone's leg.)

Posted Apr 11, '10 at 2:57am

thoadthetoad

thoadthetoad

5,439 posts

Old Gregg has scarred the minds of the moderation team

OH SWEET JESUS I DON'T WANT THE FUNK EITHER.

Gregg has plenty of funk.

"I'M OLD GREGG. I GOT A MANGINA."

Posted Apr 11, '10 at 6:28am

Strop

Strop

10,824 posts

"I'M OLD GREGG. I GOT A MANGINA."

Thou shalt not speak of Gregg's mangina. It is the secret of which we must not speak!

(like I actually learned to do a roundhouse the other day! It's fun knowing that I could sprain my ankle and break someone's leg.)

Cool stuff but, erm, if you're spraining your ankle whenever you land a roundhouse kick, you're doing it wrong!!! Keep practicing until you can blow that bag off its hinges... without destroying parts of your body. Then it's a roundhouse kick.

Also for the purpose of in-game, it's fine to learn skills and develop character attributes, but I hope you didn't magically boost Thoad's power a disproportionate amount or give him martial-arts mastery in the space of a few months. That would be god-modding!

Posted Apr 11, '10 at 6:33am

thoadthetoad

thoadthetoad

5,439 posts

Cool stuff but, erm, if you're spraining your ankle whenever you land a roundhouse kick, you're doing it wrong!!!

Lack of practice and I overdo it. :D

Oh no not mastery. Just knowledge on how to kill a man.

So now he knows forty-two ways.

Posted Apr 11, '10 at 11:48am

thisisnotanalt

thisisnotanalt

8,475 posts

(like I actually learned to do a roundhouse the other day! It's fun knowing that I could sprain my ankle and break someone's leg.

Roundhouse kicks are easy.  Btw, which one did you learn?  Inside or outside roundhouse kick?  Outside ones are a piece of cake.  I don't know how to do an inside on yet . . . I'm still just a little white belt D:

Posted Apr 11, '10 at 12:04pm

ulimitedpower

ulimitedpower

1,597 posts

I'll be getting onto yours in a moment, Ulimited!

Yay! Someone said my name right... Wait, I should've read the point of the sentence... Oh, that sounds promising.

And I'm wondering why you posted it here (How do you know I read this stuff?). I guess telepathic comes with the job... Or Strop stalks me (Both I find pretty cool).

Cool stuff but, erm, if you're spraining your ankle whenever you land a roundhouse kick, you're doing it wrong!!! Keep practicing until you can blow that bag off its hinges... without destroying parts of your body. Then it's a roundhouse kick.

It's amazing when you watch documentaries rated PG on NG talking about 'One hit blow that will stop an opponents heart'. Really...

Posted Apr 11, '10 at 10:38pm

kingryan

kingryan

4,165 posts

... How's that pokemon contest judging coming along, KR? :P

Done!

Why kick? Gun's are way easier...seriously...one bang and the person is dead!

Posted Apr 11, '10 at 11:11pm

Strop

Strop

10,824 posts

nside or outside roundhouse kick?  Outside ones are a piece of cake.  I don't know how to do an inside on yet . . . I'm still just a little white belt D:

Far be it my intention to start a digression on martial-arts in this thread, but "outside roundhouse kick" is a really confusing term, simply because the mechanics of doing a kick with the inside and outside leg is fundamentally different. Unless you're just wheeling your legs around but that's not really in most martial arts...

Perhaps you mean crescent or hook kick?

Posted Apr 11, '10 at 11:24pm

kingryan

kingryan

4,165 posts

Strop I sent you my entry...hopefully you can reply ASAP...or now...

Reply to The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

You must be logged in to post a reply!