Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

Posted Apr 28, '10 at 7:40pm

ulimitedpower

ulimitedpower

1,792 posts

* btw, I do know the difference. Strop, however, seems to have forgotten

What's that? An edit by Cenere? Unless Strop speaks to himself, or I write through my subconscious, or my memory is so bad, I don't use btw and I didn't write that.

Ohhhhhh, I like my part... So long, and fun to write... And I like the way Strop drew me figurrrr... Thanx!
"Huh? Wuzzat? Who goes there? You young'ins spamming on my lawn again!?

Ryan has a lawn? I am so jealous...
"I didn't say that." Strop shuffled the files off the table, replacing it with another folder. "Just that your path in the tournament will differ. There are things that require your expertise."

"Such as?"

"Your skills as an archivist." Strop was fairly sure that he was breaking a record for the amount of time Kingryan had ever stayed alert, so he was keen to wrap it up as soon as he could. "Read through this folder. It will tell you all you need to know." Strop rose to leave.

Kingryan opened the folder, and adjusted his glasses as he stared at the image on the front.

OMG! WOM will be integrated into AG, Ryan will be another beta dude, Ryan is getting insider-info, the mods do know more about 3.0 than they let on...

Aaaaaarghhhhh...(Head explodes)

This sounds like fun.

Posted Apr 28, '10 at 10:00pm

Pois0nArr0w

Pois0nArr0w

2,115 posts

* btw, I do know the difference. Strop, however, seems to have forgotten

[quote]What's that? An edit by Cenere?
[/quote]

Strop is referring to his in-character self is all.

I can't wait for the next round to start... Better get to work on repairing my portacopter first, though... TT

Posted Apr 28, '10 at 11:15pm

Strop

Strop

11,085 posts

Is the Horseman supposed to be Stallion Man or Ponyboy?

A good question. I didn't know which would have been more appropriate to refer to, so I went with something ambiguous lol. Probably Stallion Man, given the exact reference I was making.

What's that? An edit by Cenere? Unless Strop speaks to himself, or I write through my subconscious, or my memory is so bad, I don't use btw and I didn't write that.

Poison's reply is correct. I try not to refer to my real self in the third person, so as far as the WoM goes, when I say 'Strop' it will almost certainly be a reference to the character.

I am now prepping the round release. I hope you have all been thinking carefully about the feedback I have left you IC!

Posted Apr 28, '10 at 11:51pm

Strop

Strop

11,085 posts

And while I was taking an inventory (KingRyan may find this useful), I've finally updated my text version of the list of characters. These are the characters who have appeared SO FAR, but the list is not complete as there are a few more characters yet to make an appearance:

CAST:

The Staff:

Her Highness the Queen Carlie, Administrator
Flipski the Spaminator
Moderator Dank the (Magical) Dwarf
Moderator Devoidless the Ancient
Moderator Estel the Esteltree
Moderator Moegreche the Brain-In-A-Jar
Moderator Nemo the wolfskin vagrant
Moderator Strop the ninja horse
Moderator 'tuna the Tunamancer
Moderator Zophia the politically incorrect

The Challengers:

Zega- The Banana King
Bluydee- Bluydee the Bounty Hunter
Gantic- The Bullman
Cenere- Cenere the Sincere
Thisisnotanalt- Chill the Grandmaster of George
Crimsonblade55- Crimson the Mysterious Swordsman
Cholokid- El Cholo the Talking Mouse & George the Talking Duck
Dudeguy- Dudeguy the Dudeguy
Skater_kid_who_pwns- Flipper the Penguin & Nelly the Butterfly
Poisonarrow- Frank the Sky Pirate
Gametesta- Gametesta the Game Tester
Goumas- Goumas the Alchemist
Hojoko- Hojoko the Ghostly Lurker
Jdoggparty- Richard and Garrett the Street Kids
Jess- Jess the Pommie Phoenix
Kingryan- King "Since Beta" Ryan the Archivist
Xzeno- Leon McAcid the Deranged Gnoll Trader
The_manta- Manta the Fish-man
Pazx- Mary the Not-Bogan
Nichodemus- Nichodemus the Princely Lycanthrope
Parsat- Parsat the Chinaman
Pixie214- Pixel the Pixie
Random_player_of_AG- Randy the Shapeshifting Stickman
Thoadthetoad- Thoad the Zombie Slayer
Zlith- Vise the Heart of Darkness

and also!

Sai- Cenere's girlfriend

Dudettegal- female Dudeguy
Frances- female Frank
Gail- female Chill
Gametestro- female Gametesta
Lia McLiquid- female Leon McAcid
Mina- female Goumas
Pixie the Fairy- female Pixel the Pixie
QueenRegina- female KingRyan
Scarlettblade- female Crimsonblade
Strip- female Strop
Thoad- female Thoad
Womanta (or Mantina), female Manta

With special guest appearances from:

Flippin3500- Flippo the Hippo
FireflyIV- Firefly the Spectral Graffiti Wizard
Jaza_M- Jaza Spamlawrd
HecticHermit- HectitHermit the hooch hustler
Whimsyboy- Whimsyboy the Raccoon
Kirby998- Kirby from Dreamland
Gabriel Soulhack the 'investigative reporter'

And the return of:

____________ (you're not supposed to know who these ladies are yet, though I suspect most of you already figured it out! Ooh, dramatic irony!)

Posted Apr 29, '10 at 12:03am

Xzeno

Xzeno

2,354 posts

MacBase. Didn't I change it to MacBase in the official entry? Yes, I have email evidence. NOW WHOSE CAST LIST IS UP TO DATE! Although you did say there would be some confusion as to female names... and I think McLiquid sounds better. But still, it's MacBase.

Anyway, the feedback is hilarious. I loved Leon's especially (of course, that's to be expected), but many of them were laugh-out-loud funny. KingRyan's is interesting. I'm with Ulimitedpower as to its meaning, mostly.

Posted Apr 29, '10 at 12:21am

Strop

Strop

11,085 posts

MacBase. Didn't I change it to MacBase in the official entry?

Right you are. I was relying on the thread archives itself and was wondering why we didn't make it "McAlkaline" or something, but yeah. Cast list updated.

Also, I'm not going to comment on the exact nature of my feedback to KR except to say that I can't predict any changes that will happen to AG itself nor who is to be involved in such developments.

How many months had it been since the beginning of it all? One fine Spring morning, the paper rains came, heralding an era of opportunity, of competition, of glory and accolades. Who would have known the chaos and destruction it would bring? After all the...

That's right, I'm writing this as I post.

Posted Apr 29, '10 at 1:01am

Xzeno

Xzeno

2,354 posts

Right you are. I was relying on the thread archives itself and was wondering why we didn't make it "McAlkaline" or something, but yeah. Cast list updated.
There's a reason (or two) why I selected McLiquid in the first place. Specifically, Lia and Leon (the characters) aren't really opposites. Lia is like Leon, BUT (whatever), while Acid and Base are more contrary. Mac I preferred because it was both kind of opposite and similar to Mc, giving me the best of both worlds. The Mac was ideal, but the Base/Liquid part wasn't perfect. I eventually decided that MacBase was funniest and easiest to understand, even if it wasn't absolutely fantastic.

..yep, totally that and not at all a reference to Guns of the Patriots, I swear! Seriously though, Metal Gear references are just icing on the cake. The meaning cake. Because it has, like, meaning and stuff.

Also, I'm not going to comment on the exact nature of my feedback to KR except to say that I can't predict any changes that will happen to AG itself nor who is to be involved in such developments.
No need to ruin it for the rest of us! Sure, you mods know what you know, but us users get a chance to live the Holmesian fantasy! :P KR IN THE BETA WITH THE CANDLESTICK!

Posted Apr 29, '10 at 1:09am

Strop

Strop

11,085 posts

I WANT TO BELIEEEEEVE

...okay I'm done with the writing, now for the drawing of the matchups. Ooooooh.

Hope I can get it done on time, I have a meeting coming up.

Posted Apr 29, '10 at 5:38am

kingryan

kingryan

4,439 posts

No need to ruin it for the rest of us! Sure, you mods know what you know, but us users get a chance to live the Holmesian fantasy! :P KR IN THE BETA WITH THE CANDLESTICK!

Oooo...I just had a good idea...

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm193/kingryanv/ag3logo_still.png

The next morning, Kingryan wrote a note for himself to ask Strop if the medication he was taking was causing halucinations...

Posted Apr 29, '10 at 7:08am

ulimitedpower

ulimitedpower

1,792 posts

The next morning, Kingryan wrote a note for himself to ask Strop if the medication he was taking was causing halucinations...

I laughed when I saw that.

'OHHHHH, a funny entrance that's locked... Wat do I do???'

Yeah, the cast looks like it needs an update: Like add the cameo roles. How about you also put a * next to characters who have appeared recently, or will participate this round?

____________ (you're not supposed to know who these ladies are yet, though I suspect most of you already figured it out! Ooh, dramatic irony!)

Uh, must do more research... Archives... Zzzzzzz...

Reply to The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

You must be logged in to post a reply!