Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

Posted Oct 10, '10 at 9:45am

Strop

Strop

10,822 posts

This is Cenere's part. It deserves its own post, despite its brevity. I've also tacked a soundtrack to it.

Fandens for en dag

Alternative title: des pas sur la neige

"Cen?" Zophia stopped in front of him, starring worried at the cold and slightly snow covered form sitting on a bench. "Are you okay?"

"She left..." He mumbled hoarsely without looking up at her, or looking at her at all.

She frowned, took his icy hands and pulled him up, nudging and mumbling soothing words as she lead him to his apartment.

Posted Oct 10, '10 at 9:49am

Efan

Efan

2,690 posts

she lead him to his apartment.

to a dirty mind this is leaving pg 13

Posted Oct 10, '10 at 9:57am

Strop

Strop

10,822 posts

I don't understand D:

Posted Oct 10, '10 at 10:02am

Strop

Strop

10,822 posts

Oh well, misinterpretation of that segment's atmosphere aside, here's the next one, which is far more lighthearted:

The Craglands

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/Way%20Of%20Moderation/9-3.png

"What are you doing here?"

The craggy voice resounded from deep within a craggy rock, deep within some godforsaken mountain range that wouldn't have done badly to be named the Badlands, were it even on any kind of map.

"What kind of question is that." It wasn't phrased as a question, for Dank was in no mood for idle chit-chat. He banged his giant hammer (the only genuine hammer of the Moderator's Banhammer series) on the walls of the rock, and a great ringing echoed interminably into the darkness. "Come on, get your sorry thirty-ton butt out of there."

"Could you stop that, I'm getting a headache." There was a distinctly sulky tone to the craggy voice.

"No," Dank grunted. "I'll do it again and again until you come out of there. And if you don't come out, I'll put aside my dwarfish pride just to cast a flood and wash you out, then cast earth and fill that hole of yours so full with mud you'll never ever live there again." And with that, he raised his hammer to strike-

A giant plume of flame issued forth from the crag, almost incinerating Dank had he not been blown out of the way by the rush of expanding air that preceeded it. Beating at his burning beard, he scrambled to his feet uttering a few choice curses just in time to face the great black horned dragon, Devoidless the Ancient. Devoidless stretched his wings, then coughed a few times.

"Sorry," he grated. "I had to blow away the cobwebs."

"Like hell you did, you ingrate," Dank snapped. "Anyway, you need to come back to-"

"I don't want to hear about it," Devoidless cut him off, reaching somewhere inside the darkness and pulling out his ban-battleaxe. "You know that legend of nobody ever finding my lair and making it back alive?"

Dank put his hands on his hips. "Are you trying to make me go away by intimidating me?"

"No, but you ought to know that legend is true..." Devoidless hefted his axe and licked the chipped edge with some flames, before "...because nobody has ever made it here before. How on earth did you get through the pass?"

Dank mumbled something incomprehensible.

"You know," Devoidless scraped his claw along his many very sharp teeth, "being Ancient, I am hard of hearing."

"Mmmblmbml." Dank muttered, barely any louder.

Devoidless leaned right over, so his head was level with Dank. "What was that?"

"MY PENICORN. IT GOES ANYWHERE." Dank shouted, simultaneously going red.

"There now, that wasn't so hard was it?" Devoidless chuffed smugly ("***hole," Dank muttered). "Though it doesn't answer the question as to how you knew to come here..."

"Oh, that." Dank shrugged. "Somebody broke into your vault in AG, so we all know where you live now. Thought you might want to know."

There was a moment of silence.

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?" Devoidless roared, splitting the heavens with his fury. "I'LL KILL HER, THAT WITCH!" In the throes of wrath he raised his axe and swung it down with all his might. Right into Dank's head.

The axe made a notch in Dank's helmet, and lodged there. Dank didn't bat an eyelid.

"Also, we had to de-mod you, obviously. Security reasons, but it sounds like you already know who the culprit is." Dank explained. Devoidless fumed, then, strangely, tragically, his shoulders sagged and he shrunk a few sizes.

"Right." He said simply. "I see." He turned and slunk back into the craggy rock.

"Hey, what are you doing? Get back here!"

"Let me know when my status is restored. I'll be right here," a significantly subdued craggy voice slipped out from the rock.

Dank ripped the axe from his helmet and flung it in after Devoidless. "You can't do this! What's wrong with you! Why do you keep running away?"

There was a pause. "At first there were two reasons why I left, but now clearly there is a third. I'll come back when this all blows over." There was a cough, which echoed away into the darkness, a few scrapes, and then nothing.

Posted Oct 10, '10 at 10:03am

Efan

Efan

2,690 posts

she makes him feel better.
sorry if i am being rude or anything. i be tired. it's 12:30 in VIC as well isn't it?

Posted Oct 10, '10 at 10:06am

Efan

Efan

2,690 posts

love the picture strop :)

Posted Oct 10, '10 at 10:12am

Zophia

Zophia

8,407 posts

she lead him to his apartment.

to a dirty mind this is leaving pg 13

To a horny teenage mind ravaged by hormones it is leaving PG13. To everyone else it's displaying normal friendshiply behaviour.

Posted Oct 10, '10 at 10:16am

Efan

Efan

2,690 posts

i be tired. it's 12:30

and:sorry if i am being rude or anything
that is no excuse but...never mind

To a horny teenage mind ravaged by hormones

thanks, now i've got excuse :)

Posted Oct 10, '10 at 10:21am

Efan

Efan

2,690 posts

See Strop get strangled by his own Strop-on!
Nekkid Strip. Cen disapproves. THEY ARGUE!!!

and picture on page 453.

Posted Oct 10, '10 at 10:21am

Zophia

Zophia

8,407 posts

But it's bad excuse(s). :P

I should catch back up with thread. The snippets I've read latelyare neat~

Reply to The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

You must be logged in to post a reply!