ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

5646 5372225
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/hinthintnudgewinknudge.jpg

• 5,646 Replies
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

People who say they already wrote everything and are proud of it should take a step back. Writing fast does not mean you write well. Good ideas take a long time to think up. For example most of the scenarios from me&strop took us a few chats spanning a week to 2, each chat ranging from an hour to like 5 hours. We really make sure to fill them with as much entertainment as humanly possible, and that is just our dumbass idea process, then I force Strop to write! Lol and we go through a LOT of ideas before finding the right one. So you should all be stopping to rethink how you could do things better. :/

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Ok Klaus...does the fact that I'm procrastinating writing my entry mean that mine will be better?

the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

People who say they already wrote everything and are proud of it should take a step back.

Never said I was proud. Besides, I just sent mine in to see if it was withing boundaries. I was definitely going to add more content and fix it up once it got approved.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Okay, I might be a little hesitant on this, because highschool is eating my brain.

So is it okay if I turn in my entry a day late, if I don't do it sooner?

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

See Klaus, that's what we call a "bad example".

Just a heads up, I'm not gonna spend too much time on this entry because of school... and D&D, but mostly school. I'll be done on time though.

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

because of school... and D&D,

Dungeons and Dragons?

...no comment...
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Yeah, Dungeons and Dragons. DMing is a lot of work. Ask Strop. Actually, DMing D&D is very different from GMing the WoM, I think. The root of the differences is the fact that the WoM is online, but I also feel that certain assumptions affect the game adversely. More on this never, I suppose.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

because highschool is eating my brain.

Then you are doing something wrooooong. :[

See Klaus, that's what we call a "bad example".

Why don't you elaborate instead of saying things no one really understands.

Actually, DMing D&D is very different from GMing the WoM, I think

Lol, very different? There is almost no resemblance at all.
Pois0nWasHere
Pois0nWasHere
31 posts
Nomad

Hence the very different.

And, almost done with my entry. Expect an email sometime before 5:00, but after 12:00.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Hence the very different.
Thanks.

Why don't you elaborate instead of saying things no one really understands.
Because I didn't want to be rude, just friendly-rude. I was implying that while you may have spent a long time on your entries, they weren't very good. Once again, more on that never.
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Because I didn't want to be rude, just friendly-rude. I was implying that while you may have spent a long time on your entries, they weren't very good. Once again, more on that never.

Don't be a pussy. If you are going to be rude, but rude, I respect someone who speaks there opinion, not a dumbass who hides behind passive aggressiveness.

And if you don't like our entries, that's your choice. I know for a fact they are quality and they are awesome, don't really need the acceptance of someone I've never even seen on the forums.
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

*sigh*

Xzeno was in the MWT...but I'm not going to get into this...

Why don't we all just move on and talk about something off-topic.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

If you are going to be rude, but rude
Isn't that what I did? I said something. You didn't understand, so you asked me to elaborate. I did, knowing full well what would happen: A firestorm from everyone who saw it, followed by the entire thing being deleted.

Now, to clear a few things up. I wouldn't say I disliked your entries, but I wouldn't say they were spectacular. If pressed, I'd say they were a) amusing at times and b) not bad, and not worse than any other entrees. We must all recognize that we are fairly amateur (unless someone here is a professional writer) and none of us can expect to be great.

I have never seen him either.
I'm not around much. Haven't you seen me in the WoM?

Xzeno was in the MWT
Why is that relevant? Oh yeah... now I get it.

Why don't we all just move on and talk about something off-topic.
Why don't we discuss it like muture internet users? But off topic's cool too. Tacos are awesome.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Good ideas take a long time to think up.

The longer I think about a story the more likely I will be to not write it down.
I go with the moment, but I guess my stories are crap anyway, so probably proving your point.

Anyway, care to take it somewhere else?

And reminding you all that the deadline is tomorrow, and I have only gotten from Crimson, Manta and Pixie.
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

(unless someone here is a professional writer)

Me and Strop are professional writers. :/
Considering he is qualified to be one of the smartest people in Australia, I'd say he is more competent than most professionals as well, that's why I force him to write my entries. And the problem with you finding our skits only amusing, is because everything we say is high brow humor. I don't point out all the jokes because it would ruin it for people who DID get it. Every time we write something no one gets it. For example I am sure no one even understood the freemason joke. :/

I'm not around much. Haven't you seen me in the WoM?

I don't really pay attention to WoM, I just have Strop paraphrase everything to me. And you'll notice although Klaus is a contestant, he hasn't participated in a single event yet. =P

The longer I think about a story the more likely I will be to not write it down.
I go with the moment, but I guess my stories are crap anyway, so probably proving your point.

By waiting I don't mean don't write anything down! I just mean read over it and say "what else could I do, or how could I rephrase this for added inlaid humor." But being a Dane, you are doing a really good job and I applaud your work.
Showing 2596-2610 of 5646