ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

5646 5372188
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/hinthintnudgewinknudge.jpg

• 5,646 Replies
the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

Because I haven't been here enough to say it previously, I'll say it now...

Hell, I'mma dragon.

I'm the goddamn _Manta.

And good artwork, good segment, can't wait, blahblah, HURRY UP STROP 'N' POP.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

we're not here to discuss penis =|

Unless it's part of an inside joke involving kittens. That crawl into mouths.

But I think that we haven't brought that here, just to AIM and our scraps :P lol.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

but we're not here to discuss penis

Hey man, speak for yourself!

That crawl into mouths.

The kittens or the...
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

No seriously, stop it with talking about penis and kittens! I'm actually updating now so there's no need to bump the thread with off-topic!

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

with talking about penis and kittens!

Those are two TOTALLY different subjects. Tell me, what goes on in your head strop? Wait, I think that it could be a bit NSFW. So nevermind.

Heheh,

anyway, can I assume that the next chapter will have something to do with the all famous game of ... BASKETBALL? Also, I would like to ask if it really is almost the end of the WoM. Sure it's been going for a LONG time, but ... you know, we've only had 3 rounds! And there's still what, 8-5 players left in the OCT?

I think that annual OCTs are going to be a huge hit here in the community, don't you?

See, I can be on topic.
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

anyway, can I assume that the next chapter will have something to do with the all famous game of ... BASKETBALL?

You can assume all you want, whether or not you are correct will be an entirely different matter >:3

Also, I would like to ask if it really is almost the end of the WoM

It's not, but once I've finished laying out the groundwork for the next round, I expect the pace to pick up considerably.

And there's still what, 8-5 players left in the OCT?

We have about twelve actually. Plus a growing number of non-player characters and player characters. So yeah. Lots of supposedly active people.
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Hey Strop...do you think we could get this whole tournament finished before I start Year 12 next year?

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

I hope so.

Check your email kingbogan!

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

So! If I may set the scene...

It was a cloudy and slightly windy day. Autumn was here now, and the leaves were falling from the trees on the sidewalks. Business hustled and bustled as usual through the streets, the sound bouncing off the walls, a lively energy filling the entire ArmorCity.

Through this Strop trotted, opting for once to actually commune with the community since he was not on some kind of mission. Nor was he particularly busy with the Way of Moderation tournament. Part of the reason was that he had given up on handling the logistics of the tournament- without his bellboy Cenere to pick up the paperwork, the bureaucratic spanner had truly fallen into the works and the gears of progress had ground to a halt.

"Where would he have gone anyway?" Strop mumbled to himself, as was his habit. "Not in his room, not in the library... he really wouldn't have cut and run just 'coz I didn't pay him?" That surely wouldn't have been the case. After all, students were exploitable resources, willing to work for cheap, even for free as long as you promised to pay them and maybe give them a little something to put on their resumee*. Strop knew. He was that student too.

But this meandering aside didn't at all solve his question. And then there were the various developments surely lurking in the background that Strop cared not to think about, but suspected would intrude upon his consideration at any given moment.

Right at that moment, somebody called out: "Mister moderator?"

Strop's ears pricked. The voice was lilting, female. And pleading. He looked around, but his eyesight being far inferior to his hearing, he didn't see anything.

"Over here, mister moderator!"

Finally localising the sound through all the noise, Strop turned and saw a delicate hand beckoning from behind the corner of an alleyway.

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/Way%20Of%20Moderation/5-7.jpg

"Can I help you?"

"Please, mister moderator, all my clothes got wet in the rains, and when I hung them out to dry, somebody stole them! I have no armorpoints and I have nothing to wear! Won't you help me?"

Internally, Strop pondered. A damsel in distress! A damsel he couldn't see standing in a quiet alleyway, with a spurious tale of woe! Nothing suspicious about this one!

"Fear not, this ninja horse lives for great justice!" And with that, Strop strode into the alleyway. One second later:

"Hey, that looks like clothes you're wearing. Wait, what's with the syringe? Why does that say KETAMINE? Ow!"

A moment later, there was a thud, and Strop finally stopped talking.

*This spelling is incorrect. But the AG board doesn't support the character I need.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I just use resume. But I know what it is that you mean.

Meh. Good chapter. Sounds lulzy enough.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

It'll get better.

I shall resume the story once I come home from 'ninja'-training.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Class you mean?

Gymnastics class to be precise. And I don't mean "gym class" as in "I have to play dodgeball with all these dropkicks in high school", I mean "Do a backflip and spin three times in the air before landing."

But that's a secret <_<
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

But that's a secret <_<

I aways figured that people have to do that kind of crap in order to survive in australia.

Last time I was there the earthworm at my F**king sandwich. WHAT GOD FORBIDDEN CONTINENT DO YOU LIVE ON STROP.

Not to mention the dingos, but I'm not sure if they live in aussie-land... Your Aussie version of the black widow scares the living hell out of me. I practically shit myself and slather it on toast as I eat it when I think of the Sydney Funnel Web spider.

So yes, I'm sure you need to know how to do a backflip and spin 3 times before landing, because there's probably some cryptid that'll come over and you'll have to show off your awesome moves before he freaks out, thinking that you're it's dreaded predator the F***ING EARTHWORM, and then runs away.
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Maaaaan sprung floors are really... springy. I overcooked several moves before the head instructor came over to me and asked me not to break my neck <_<

some cryptid that'll come over and you'll have to show off your awesome moves before he freaks out

"Plaaaaaay the best song in the world OR I'LL EAT YOUR SOUL."

Haha, I was just reminded of that.

Anyway, just saying the next updated is imminent. And the story develops further! Each new scene a twist! HOW WILL IT ALL END!?!?!?
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

HOW WILL IT ALL END!?!?!?

With something *MMMMF* up the *MMRRRRRF*

OH god.

I'm surprised you didn't laugh about all the scary Sydney Funnel Web Spider stuff I said. Nor the 3 foot long blue glowworm that ate my sandwich.
Showing 3241-3255 of 5646