ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

5646 5424523
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/hinthintnudgewinknudge.jpg

• 5,646 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Okay. To let you all know, I'm writing the scene of the task. Firefly knows what it will be already, for reasons that will become apparent when I publish it :P

It will be a couple of days because I have to study for an exam this Friday.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Less on-topic:

I don't use italics for anything but their original purpose. I don't even use emotes to indicate flippant remarks (apparently a common practice), so this isn't the first time someone has assumed I'm more serious than I am

Don't you think adapting to circumstances might mean less troubles for others and yourself in this case? Certain types of rigidity don't do anybody any favours.

With the WoM, we play a little and then see cinematic sequences

True at this point- particularly pronounced because I'm going a lot slower than I'd like to be. A lot of these sequences were supposed to be going on "in the background" but it takes me days to find an appropriate timeslot to finish stuff.

I may or may not have said this before but you can look forward to being as involved in later cinematic sequences as you like. In this way the WoM will trend in the opposite direction of the MWT: while things may come "to a head" I'm not directing anybody to any particular point. You'll get to choose many of the parameters based on everything that has happened previously. In fact I'm aware that certain elements of conflict have arisen independent of my output. I like that kind of initiative and look forward to seeing it manifest in the WoM.

This does mean that in a few weeks, the WoM is going to get very very messy. But as we've established, while it has some standards of continuity (i.e. mine), it's not particularly strict.
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Don't you think adapting to circumstances might mean less troubles for others and yourself in this case? Certain types of rigidity don't do anybody any favours.
T be honest, I'm amazed no one pointed this out until now. Anyway: As I have displayed, I am well aware of how others handle the situation. I choose to do something else for two reasons: 1) The use of italics is completely arbitrary. The use of an emote is slightly less arbitrary, but I dislike emotes for a variety of reasons, chief among them being I just don't understand them well - I'm never sure where to put them myself and I'm never sure how to take them when others use them. To me, they just add a few pointless characters to get in my way. While I don't mind if someone else uses these techniques (I'd prefer to never see "XD" again, sure, but I'll deal) I feel no obligation to use them myself.
2) You said being rigid didn't do me any favors (paraphrase). Isn't saying I should use italics and emotes equally rigid? It seems to me the least rigid thing to do - and the thing that does me the most favors - is to do what I have always done: Live and let live.

Or, all of that in short: That's simply not how I roll.

On the WoM, I can't comment on the future of it in terms of complaining, but I can say I'm looking forward to it. I am also pretending to be on topic. Oh, and if it makes you happy: I am also pretending to be on topic roflolol XD Yeah, that wasn't sarcasm, that was a flippant, joking statement, for the record.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I am also pretending to be on topic roflolol XD

Don't ever do that again. Please.

Anyway, since this is hardly ever on topic: I got a job! ... Yup, that's it. On other news, my exam is going rather bad. On a whole lot of different note:
While we most likely are going to contact cameos (again!), it would be nice with a little "Hiya" from people who are still interested, since, as Strop mentioned, things are going to slide soon(er or later).
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

It will be a couple of days because I have to study for an exam this Friday.

Good luck. Remember: cover, look and learn.

Firefly knows what it will be already, for reasons that will become apparent when I publish it :P

I'm pretty interested to see what you've done with it.
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

IC: HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIYAAA!!Bum FU-Karate CHOP...

OOC:but wait I'm trying to do something else outside of my cameo...Dont think Ill be able to do both maybe if its a little part for the cameo....

IC: Drinks a green potion called Mountain Dews...ahh minty fresh stingly...sees becomes Hyperactive runs around like an Insane guy..yelling "The END is Coming!! the END is Coming!!"...

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Isn't saying I should use italics and emotes equally rigid?

But I didn't say anything of the sort. The way I roll, I try to be as direct (I would have said literal but I do use colloquial phrases) as possible on the internet because I'm aware of its limitations. Unless I'm taking the piss. In which case I'm normally quite happy to be misinterpreted.

Short of it is I can't be accused of saying anything that I can't be directly quoted upon.

I am also pretending to be on topic roflolol XD

I am reminded of Terminator 2. "Why don't you smile?" "Like this?" "Okay, forget it."
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Cool Strop posted- hey, this isn't an update!

But I didn't say anything of the sort.
Then what do you mean by "adapting to circumstances"? You aren't saying I should necessarily use emotes or italics in such a way, but you are saying I should be more clear about the seriousness of what I write, correct?
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

What was weird and stupid?

the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

Your mom's weird and stupid.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Your manta's weird and stupid!

headshot . . . boom

whimsyboy
whimsyboy
938 posts
Nomad

You would like the weird and stupid.

Gutshot...*MPH*

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Your face is weird and stupid.

Can we spam up a whole page? YES WE CAN!

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Your refusal to use flippant, aribtrary things such as emotes and italics is stupid!

I am the very model of a scientist salarian, I've studied species turian, asari and batarian
I'm quite good at genetics(as a subset of biology)because I am an expert(which I know is a tautology)
My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a scientist salarian

Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

Did you make that up or are those lyrics to a song?

Showing 3331-3345 of 5646