ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

5646 5372218
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/hinthintnudgewinknudge.jpg

• 5,646 Replies
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Now now, he said classy.

No he didn't, he said-

classy

Oh.

EN VEE EMM
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Even though SNL is basically Lonely Island that isn't really a song, more of a catchy phrase for young Americans to sing in their heads.

Yup.

Cool Guys Don't Look at Explosions is funnier. Also, it has Will Ferrell as Neil Diamond in it.
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Yeah, I'm not going to gripe about off-topic since I left you guys hanging on Friday. I had labour ward shift on the weekend. I delivered some babies. I came home reeking of fresh human placenta.

But now I have a day off. So you'll be getting your next round today.

Not to be a thorn, but these parts are coming out almost slower than delayed ASC judging. Are you sure you have enough time to reach the endgame by the end of this year?

No. But hopefully this delay (which I think is longer than any of the ASC judgings) will be the single longest delay by quite a margin.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

I came home reeking of fresh human placenta.

Nothing like the smell of placenta in the mornin' . . . .
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Not that that wasn't random or anything Strop, but what kind of doctor were you planning on being again? Also, that must have been AGONIZING to be in the same room with a woman in labor. I think dissecting cadavers is a much better job. Not that I haven't done that yet or anything...I'm still a senior

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Well, there's only one obvious answer: Barry Mann.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

I might agree with Ernie, unless I can think of something....

HumanDisease
HumanDisease
55 posts
Nomad

Were they watching married with children when they came up with the thread title? Who put the bomp in the bomp bah bomp bah bomp? This was an Al Bundy quote.

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

This was an Al Bundy quote.

It's actually from a song from the early 60's.
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Not that that wasn't random or anything Strop, but what kind of doctor were you planning on being again?

He doesn't know it, but he's going to end up like Gregory House. He'll steadily become less genial, and will end up stalking the community with a cane directing cynical comments at noobs.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Well, there's only one obvious answer: Barry Mann.

I might agree with Ernie, unless I can think of something....

Were they watching married with children when they came up with the thread title? Who put the bomp in the bomp bah bomp bah bomp? This was an Al Bundy quote.

It's actually from a song from the early 60's.

I was listening to Me First And The Gimme Gimmes, thank you very much.
And let that be the last darn off topic. The title =/= topic. Talking about the title =/= being on topic.
Just because you are not in the WoM does not mean you can ferk around with the thread because the title is something you can relate to. Instead either keep it on topic or don't keep it anywhere near here.
I hope that is understood.
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Doublebooked

"Alright, let's get this show star- what the?"

Strop threw open the doors of the community hall, the remaining victestants close behind, only to freeze. It was a bizarre scene that greeted him.

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/Way%20Of%20Moderation/5-15.png

Credit for the general scene as well as specific parts of these images must go to FireflyIV. Some parts are direct copy-paste, others are traces, others are derivative. All are used with permission.

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/Way%20Of%20Moderation/5-16.png

"What? What the hell are you doing?"

"I'm just doing like you asked, guv," Firefly quipped before floating down to spray a few more tags on the wall.

"Didn't I say to- oh crap, I can't even remember what I said..." Strop facepalmed. "Doublebooking was supposed to cease when this hall was built!"

But here they were, everybody had, by some miracle, picked up on Strop's directive. This was an opportunity that could not be passed up, else Strop would have to somehow find the elusive Cen and have him track everybody else down and that would have been a pain in the... and there was a perfectly good mic and speakers and a turntable on the stage and...

"Alright then guys!" Strop clapped, and in a puff of smoke:

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/Way%20Of%20Moderation/5-17.png

---

And now.

FINALLY.

THE MOMENT YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR.

SINCE OVER TWO MONTHS AGO.

Your task:

That's right! This is now the WAY OF MODERATION RAP BATTLEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Your assignment is to write a rap, detailing your acheivements in the WoM thus far. Again, how much you write is up to you. Points will be awarded for style, lyrical wit, and how humiliated your character gets in the process of performing (or failing to perform) it... okay I lied on the last one. Just remember IC is better.

Once you are done, submit the raps to the WaoMod@yahoo.com email. I've got some more of this scene to write, and there are a few... interjections.

Hm, I'll update any rules I've forgotten tomorrow. In the meantime...

HAVE AT IT!

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Awrite, let's hope I can regain the nonsuckishness I had during the rap arena . . . .

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

"I'm just doing like you asked, guv,"

i really am going to have to start speaking like that in real life.

Oh and I love Strop in rap battle mode. That's some serious blingage.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Okay, it's been so long that I've forgotten rounds 2 and 5 . . . I know 3 was dodgeball and 4 was steeplechase . . . .

Showing 3391-3405 of 5646