ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

5646 5372057
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/hinthintnudgewinknudge.jpg

• 5,646 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

But if you get enough height and speed, you can quickly and unexpectedly demolish someone's face.

Incidentally, this is Mirko Cro Cop's signature technique for MMA bouts. His left roundhouse kick to the face has sent many a head into orbit with a single blow.

p.s. Alt, Xzeno practices hung gar kung fu, which explains why he says what he does. HAIL WONG FEI HUNG!
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

*cannot speak any Asian languages*

Also, ouuuch at Crocop's roundhouse. *that* would be painful.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

You realise this is easy, right?
Laughably so, yes. But I'll keep doing it until it stops working. If I ever had to fight a trained fighter... oh man, I don't know what I'd do :P

Usually, but not always :P
This brings me to my next point: While I believe one usually shouldn't kick for the face in the same way one usually shouldn't punch for the knee, if it is advantageous to kick someone in the face... kick someone in the face. I don't advocate not being able to kick people in the face, and I don't advocate never doing it per se. I do advocate using discretion, as face-kicking is often suboptimal.

you can quickly and unexpectedly demolish someone's face.
Another excellent point. Being unpredictable is as essential as predicting your opponent. For that, face-kicking may be a good idea.

*cannot speak any Asian languages*
Hung ga is a style of kung fu that specializes in being better than whatever crap Strop practices :P/jk/italickiddingfont. Check it out on wikipedia.

Wong Fei Hung is considered to be the founder of the style. Naturally, the history of Hung Ga - like anything else - is a bit more complex than that, but it's a good working definition.

Going back to writing now...
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Laughably so, yes. But I'll keep doing it until it stops working. If I ever had to fight a trained fighter... oh man, I don't know what I'd do :P

Just yell CHUCK NORRIS while throwing the kick. The fear of his godly roundhouse should cause your opponent to drop dead instantly.

that specializes in being better than whatever crap Strop practices

That must be something real special, given that I practice being awesome :P

Okay, about 30ish hours before deadline. I'm going to get cracking on my own scenes.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

*cough* I am the one who has mastered the art of being awesome...
1,855 posts
Nomad

*cough* I am the one who has mastered the art of being awesome...

hahahahaha of course you have... :P lol *looks around suspiciously*
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

4) Try to write Strop in character. Note that he is going to be brooding, probing and suspicious.

You have no idea what I'm going to do.
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

You have no idea what I'm going to do.

Anything except "submitting it late" would be just fine, thanks.

Less than 24 hours left, guys! As of this point, I'm only waiting on Gantic and Goumas now. Goumas? Please tell me you know the deadline is approaching!
the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

Sorry Manta, you're nowhere near close to my record.

See, I didn't think I was, but i just wanted to know should I ever attemopt it.

if it is advantageous to kick someone in the face... kick someone in the face. I don't advocate not being able to kick people in the face

What I like about Kenpo in particular is roughly every technique that involves kicking is to the groin. Those that aren't are to the back of the knee, which generally causes buckling, which is satisfying.

And you should really only go for a kick to the face if you have a good sense of balance in your base leg, and even then, you shouldn'tt unless your opponent's head is in range of your kick. Midgets are good for this.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I practice being awesome :P

I practicing demoralizing strop's e-penis and making mine look bigger.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Do you see the irony in the above statement?

I don't think you do.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

I practicing demoralizing strop's e-penis and making mine look bigger.
You may want to practice a bit more, because- oh, irony. Okay.

Really? I always thought being awesome was more of a side gig for you. I dabbled in being awesome for a while, but it wasn't really my thing. Serious face: I don't have much faith in mixed martial arts. If I remember correctly (too lazy to dig through my comments) you (Strop) practice or have practiced a variety of martial arts without really sticking with one. In my experience, this isn't the best route. I haven't done too much research into the subject, though.

What I like about Kenpo in particular is roughly every technique that involves kicking is to the groin. Those that aren't are to the back of the knee, which generally causes buckling, which is satisfying.
I don't aim for the groin, because it won't do much to a seasoned opponent and it's not the most honorable method of pwning newbs. Knees are my preferred targets, but I try not to actually do real harm, so I don't hit them often. But yeah, low kicks are aces.

Also, karate sucks! Try doing a real martial art, like the Viennese Waltz :P

... What? Informing other people that their styles are no good is, like, half the fun. And sense we can't have an AG martial arts who's-the-best smackdown...
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

You may want to practice a bit more, because- oh, irony. Okay.

HA. TAKE THAT.

I'm playin' mind games. Like a woman with a man that loves her.

And the woman happens to be a b*tch.
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Midgets are good for this.

They're more properly known as little people :P

If I remember correctly (too lazy to dig through my comments) you (Strop) practice or have practiced a variety of martial arts without really sticking with one.

I don't call myself a martial-artist. At best I would be a dilettante, since I'm more competent in every other major cultural venue of expression i.e. art, music, writing and dance.

Furthermore most MMA combatants nowadays are masters of two styles only: muay thai and brazilian jiujitsu. The exceptions are former government bodyguards and elite soldiers.

And sense we can't have an AG martial arts who's-the-best smackdown...

You're giving me ideas...
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Also, a little over one hour until the deadline. Goumas is the only one who hasn't submitted. Therefore if the deadline passes and he still hasn't submitted, I'll have to drop Goumas from the tournament arc, which leaves me with the slightly easier task of having to pick one of you guys to also exclude.

That's what it has come down to now! I'll start posting you feedback once I know exactly what the situation is post-deadline.

Showing 3901-3915 of 5646