ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

5646 5372523
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/hinthintnudgewinknudge.jpg

• 5,646 Replies
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Ugh...400 pages...

Are you serious Strop...I mean come on! This is mental...

*headdesks*

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

ROFL KR, I did give you advice on how best to go about refining your search!

Synthesising your feedback now, and assigning people to various tasks.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Yes, I know. Shall be fun.

Could possibly do that on ANZAC day...but I'll see how much homework I get.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

SO uh...Strop...you got an update for those of us not in the tournament? (Yet : /)

I'm aware I said I'd have something done today. I'll unfortunately have to renege on that. Workload is simply too heavy, and will remain so until Sunday (my time).

Fortunately Monday is a public holiday, so the delay should not be significant. Furthermore, while most of you have, some of you haven't given me any feedback from my last email to you... you know who you are.

Sloth: I'm afraid the tournament path is only available to those who actually signed up for this way back in May/June of last year. If you've checked your mail, you'll find some specific instructions I've left you.

Kirby: You've also got an email waiting for you, and I don't recall your having replied to it yet.

I shall finish deciding the matchups in the next few days, and write all the material (there will be a growing amount of reading to do as the plots diverge, then start to intertwine.)
the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

Strop?

Hurry up.

I'm counting on you.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Manta? Check your email. You will discover that I, in fact, am waiting for you!

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

But I emailed you back strop D:

1. Obviously you didn't read the story, did you.
2. We are eliminating contestants.

You will still be in the story, but as a cameo, which is a guest role. If you were to be in the tournament itself, it would be like undermining the trouble the contestants have been through throughout the story.
ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

You will still be in the story, but as a cameo, which is a guest role. If you were to be in the tournament itself, it would be like undermining the trouble the contestants have been through throughout the story.

One and a half pages through archive... Zzzzzzzz... Lord of the Rings has less description, Strop.

But it's a nice story...
I'm aware I said I'd have something done today. I'll unfortunately have to renege on that. Workload is simply too heavy, and will remain so until Sunday (my time).

I have a lot of time... A week isn't much to the months I can wait for.
I shall finish deciding the matchups in the next few days, and write all the material (there will be a growing amount of reading to do as the plots diverge, then start to intertwine.)

Like a candy cane, or like a vine yard? Or simply put, complex intertwining or not?
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

and dude you waited 407 pages to start eliminating people?

To be fair a ton of people eliminated themselves earlier on in the competition.

AMW.

Nothing else is needed.

and unfortunate truth...or maybe fortunate...to be determined.
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

One and a half pages through archive... Zzzzzzzz... Lord of the Rings has less description, Strop.

Wrong! WoM has hardly any description. It's mainly things blowing up and inappropriate jokes. And a cast of four dozen or so.

and dude you waited 407 pages to start eliminating people?

Crimson's correct. I would have started culling the numbers right from the word go, but there was really no need for me to. Online collaborations have a very high attrition rate.

Also, waiting for this long before I started really cutting people from the tournament maximises the potential of each character to play a role in the story that surrounds the tournament. The WoM isn't just about the tournament. It's about AG itself. My aim is to put together the greatest forum-based collaborative fiction of all time.

Like a candy cane, or like a vine yard? Or simply put, complex intertwining or not?

This would be best judged after you have witnessed.

My day is now halfway over. Just one more class to go... which I have to prepare for... yeah later.
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

anyway my cameo=best of ALL time...lulz self-confidence

I'm looking forward to reading it :P

Note: This is as good a time for you guys to start getting used to group assignments. Hope you're a team player!
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Note: This is as good a time for you guys to start getting used to group assignments. Hope you're a team player!

Actually I am both excited and concerned about that...it really depends on what is required I suppose...we shall see...
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Obviously, that message isn't mean for in-character behavior... or is it! Thoroughly amusing.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Obviously, that message isn't mean for in-character behavior... or is it! Thoroughly amusing.

I don't see a difference honestly.
ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

Wrong! WoM has hardly any description. It's mainly things blowing up and inappropriate jokes. And a cast of four dozen or so.

True. You put more detail into where the revamped balls were than the users being hit by them. Was pretty funny though...
The WoM isn't just about the tournament. It's about AG itself. My aim is to put together the greatest forum-based collaborative fiction of all time.

You already have. I mean, your thread beats 'Rate the above user's fame' by about 50,000 views, which is the next best thread. And just to show off, you have multiple threads for WOM, so I'm thinking of a million views here. Probably more.
This would be best judged after you have witnessed.

OK, I got it. I will wait and read.
Showing 3976-3990 of 5646