Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

Posted Nov 5, '09 at 5:58pm

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

I have a question. What if someone uses my "idea", and posts it before me without knowing? Because I wrote mine like 5 days ago, partly, and haven't sent it in.

Well, what then? There is no one who have sent anything in (besides Thoad), but does it really matter if an idea is used more than once, since it would not be intentional?

Posted Nov 5, '09 at 6:18pm

Gametesta

Gametesta

1,626 posts

Gantic should add the guidelines and rules are on page 290.

Posted Nov 5, '09 at 7:11pm

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

Or, people should learn to check the FAQ when it is updated since the rules and guidelines are there. Because that is what the FAQ is used for.

Posted Nov 9, '09 at 7:24am

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

Deadline is Friday this week, so get some entries in! Seriously, we have gotten A HALF entry in the last week, and while you probably have stuff to do, so do we. Waiting makes it harder to get stuff done in time!

Now, we do know who is participating in the NaNo, and we might be a bit larger on the deadline because of that, but "might" and "a bit" does not mean "you got three weeks more".
Because of the current delay there have been to get the entries rounded up in time from the last round we are not going to wait a week for people who think it is okay to say they will be delayed THREE DAYS AFTER the deadline, so if you have a bunch of stuff to do, write us now with your ideas and get it over with.

To get it straight: Delay is okay. IF you tell us before it happens. Or rather, that would not be delay, that would be skipping the round...

So please, PLEASE get your entries in on time, we have schedule to work by, and unless you really want to use your Holidays on writing essay-long entries before eating whatever you eat at Christmas, make sure to stick to the deadlines, then we might get done in time.

Thanks.

Posted Nov 9, '09 at 7:29am

Strop

Strop

10,824 posts

OOC: Oh yeah, I kinda did mention to Cen that at this rate we won't be finished before March next year...

Posted Nov 9, '09 at 7:31am

kingryan

kingryan

4,165 posts

Ok Cen. I'll see what I can do...maybe could somehow work this into my NaNo....

And then my MC fell asleep and dreamt of a strange land with a baggy old woman knitting a woollen bikini for a hot and sexy horse.

Posted Nov 9, '09 at 7:38am

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

You just write too slow.
And to tell the truth, I am probably going to have some part that greatly resembles a soon to be entry for this... Because my dreams says so - -

Posted Nov 9, '09 at 10:17am

crimsonblade55

crimsonblade55

4,349 posts

You know I wanted to write my entry over the weekend...but then I got sick on Friday....and am just starting to recover from some sort of virus....so I'll have to see what I can do this week. I might try writing it today if I don't get too distracted, but I have to admit this is an annoying round for me...

Posted Nov 9, '09 at 3:52pm

Dudettegal54

Dudettegal54

30 posts

As I asked before... do we have a guess on about how long our entries should be? Because the more I write, the more embarrassed I am.

Posted Nov 9, '09 at 3:59pm

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

As I asked before... do we have a guess on about how long our entries should be? Because the more I write, the more embarrassed I am.

I have not seen you ask it. I have gotten the question on the chat, which I have answered here.

It is up to you how long you want your entry to be, but since the round is fairly long, and there is sooooo much fun in being a girl and running around doing girly stuff, it would probably be an idea to focus on that and write as much sh'ts and giggles in as possible.

But if you really want a specific number: 3000 words. There?
But seeing your... "Trouble", just stop... There is a reason why we don't yell at people for writing a single paragraph. Not all are happy about writing too much, and as long as the entry is readable and fun/creative, and follows the guidelines, it is okay.

You know I wanted to write my entry over the weekend...but then I got sick on Friday....and am just starting to recover from some sort of virus....so I'll have to see what I can do this week. I might try writing it today if I don't get too distracted, but I have to admit this is an annoying round for me...

Well, try, if you can't, tell us in time for us to figure something out (which means a few days before the deadline), and that's that.
And people seem to have problems with whatever round anyway...

Reply to The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

You must be logged in to post a reply!