Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

Posted Apr 14, '10 at 4:57pm

the_manta

the_manta

4,697 posts

Sorry Manta, you're nowhere near close to my record.

See, I didn't think I was, but i just wanted to know should I ever attemopt it.

if it is advantageous to kick someone in the face... kick someone in the face. I don't advocate not being able to kick people in the face

What I like about Kenpo in particular is roughly every technique that involves kicking is to the groin. Those that aren't are to the back of the knee, which generally causes buckling, which is satisfying.

And you should really only go for a kick to the face if you have a good sense of balance in your base leg, and even then, you shouldn'tt unless your opponent's head is in range of your kick. Midgets are good for this.

Posted Apr 14, '10 at 8:57pm

thoadthetoad

thoadthetoad

5,814 posts

I practice being awesome :P

I practicing demoralizing strop's e-penis and making mine look bigger.

Posted Apr 14, '10 at 8:58pm

thoadthetoad

thoadthetoad

5,814 posts

Do you see the irony in the above statement?

I don't think you do.

Posted Apr 14, '10 at 9:32pm

Xzeno

Xzeno

2,354 posts

I practicing demoralizing strop's e-penis and making mine look bigger.
You may want to practice a bit more, because- oh, irony. Okay.

That must be something real special, given that I practice being awesome :P
Really? I always thought being awesome was more of a side gig for you. I dabbled in being awesome for a while, but it wasn't really my thing. Serious face: I don't have much faith in mixed martial arts. If I remember correctly (too lazy to dig through my comments) you (Strop) practice or have practiced a variety of martial arts without really sticking with one. In my experience, this isn't the best route. I haven't done too much research into the subject, though.

What I like about Kenpo in particular is roughly every technique that involves kicking is to the groin. Those that aren't are to the back of the knee, which generally causes buckling, which is satisfying.
I don't aim for the groin, because it won't do much to a seasoned opponent and it's not the most honorable method of pwning newbs. Knees are my preferred targets, but I try not to actually do real harm, so I don't hit them often. But yeah, low kicks are aces.

Also, karate sucks! Try doing a real martial art, like the Viennese Waltz :P

... What? Informing other people that their styles are no good is, like, half the fun. And sense we can't have an AG martial arts who's-the-best smackdown...

Posted Apr 14, '10 at 9:41pm

thoadthetoad

thoadthetoad

5,814 posts

You may want to practice a bit more, because- oh, irony. Okay.

HA. TAKE THAT.

I'm playin' mind games. Like a woman with a man that loves her.

And the woman happens to be a b*tch.

Posted Apr 14, '10 at 10:46pm

Strop

Strop

11,085 posts

Midgets are good for this.

They're more properly known as little people :P

If I remember correctly (too lazy to dig through my comments) you (Strop) practice or have practiced a variety of martial arts without really sticking with one.

I don't call myself a martial-artist. At best I would be a dilettante, since I'm more competent in every other major cultural venue of expression i.e. art, music, writing and dance.

Furthermore most MMA combatants nowadays are masters of two styles only: muay thai and brazilian jiujitsu. The exceptions are former government bodyguards and elite soldiers.

And sense we can't have an AG martial arts who's-the-best smackdown...

You're giving me ideas...

Posted Apr 14, '10 at 10:49pm

Strop

Strop

11,085 posts

Also, a little over one hour until the deadline. Goumas is the only one who hasn't submitted. Therefore if the deadline passes and he still hasn't submitted, I'll have to drop Goumas from the tournament arc, which leaves me with the slightly easier task of having to pick one of you guys to also exclude.

That's what it has come down to now! I'll start posting you feedback once I know exactly what the situation is post-deadline.

Posted Apr 14, '10 at 11:53pm

kingryan

kingryan

4,439 posts

This is when I wish there was a personalised time clock for the forums, so I know what time Strop posted that.

Cannot wait! Unless I get dropped, then I'll cry... =P

Posted Apr 15, '10 at 12:05am

Xzeno

Xzeno

2,354 posts

You're giving me ideas...
We'll call it the Way of Moderation mark II...

Seriously, if everybody wanted to jump on planes and fly to some meeting place, I'd be up for it, but... Yeah, not gonna happen :P

Oh god... Sense? What the heck is wrong with me?

Furthermore most MMA combatants nowadays are masters of two styles only: muay thai and brazilian jiujitsu.
Why's that? Because those styles preform the best, or...? *is too lazy to do research*

So is it too late to submit my edit? I was going to do that Thursday...

Posted Apr 15, '10 at 12:48am

Strop

Strop

11,085 posts

So is it too late to submit my edit? I was going to do that Thursday...

I'm not going to ask you to post your interviews on the thread yet, as I'll be waiting until after I post the feedback, if ever. In 17 minutes it will be too late to post stuff that will actually alter the outcome of the WoM up to this point, of course.

Why's that? Because those styles preform the best, or...? *is too lazy to do research*

Correct. Since all the contestants are young and fit, the proven combination is Muay thai for the striking and Brazilian jiujitsu for the groundwork. Since MMA rules include tapping out, submission holds work a treat.

Reply to The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

You must be logged in to post a reply!