Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

Posted May 19, '10 at 5:26am

Strop

Strop

11,085 posts

Yeah, thoad, if you could stop looking at your epic pee-hole long enough to post your entry, that'd be awesome and I can get going with the judgement, kthnx!

Posted May 19, '10 at 8:02pm

thoadthetoad

thoadthetoad

5,814 posts

Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me princess. :D
Thoad looked at manta, seeing that the match was now set up. Thoad was glad that he brought along a rifle, but figured that he shouldn't bring any ammo with him. He didn't want to mortally injure another contestant, after all. The air was dry and the weather was good today. Something told the young man that today there was going to be a lot of bloodshed.
Manta walked towards Thoad, and Thoad did the same. Both of the "Victestants" were fairly serious, knowing that they were likely about to beat the living sh*t out of each other. "Say, Manta. How about we make this a little interesting?" Thoad asks Manta, a small smirk growing on his face.
Manta looked skeptical, probably thinking that Thoad was looking for a bet. "You're not thinking of bettin' in the fight are you?" Manta said, knowing that (OOC: Likely) gambling AP was not liked with moderators. Thoad's face developed a large, happy smile.
"No no no, Manta! I've been developing a fun little device I call the InsanoChamber. You see, what it does is it distinguishes all your worst fears and nightmares... AND THEN IT EXPLOITS THEM!" The last part of the sentence was incredibly happy and a little too eager to be fully sane.
"Well how does it do that kind of stuff?" Manta asked, putting his webbed hand on his chin, thinking.
"Well, for one thing it reads your mind by uh..." Thoad mumbled something incredibly low. Manta hadn't quite heard it, but it was along the lines of: powered by the remnants of 93 ghost accounts. "Well anyway, it'll whisper into your ear etc. in order to make your life as hard as physcially possible. The tests I've ran on winderness animals have told me it can cause insanity though. We could figure out a safe word if we feel like we're going to lose it." Thoad put his hand to his chin for a moment, and smiled. "How about... uncle."
Manta had waited a couple of seconds, deep in thought. ZSo long as he knew when, he should be able to get through without going insane... "Sure." Thoad smiled. It was decided that the arena of choice would be the amipitheatre, on the stage area. Of course if one of them was knocked off it wouldn't be a penalty.
The InsanoChamber had been brought in, covering a good amount of the Ampitheatre, and it had been programmed for when the word "Uncle" was said, it would turn off. The two victestants just had to make sure that they could remember the word.
Thoad brought out his rifle, and checked if there was anything in the mag. Didn't look like there was anything there but a single airsoft bullet. "That might come in handy," Thoad thought. "Alright Manta, let's go at it then!" Thoad yelled to his fishy opponent. He produced a nod and came dashing towards Thoad.
Thoad was hit with a large clap in both of his ears. As if a clap of thunder came from the back of his head. It made the young boy stagger and he was less able to prepare himself. He was able to move his head just a slim second before Manta threw a punch past his cheek.
Cursing under his breathe, Thoad narrowly escaped a hard hit to the leg from Manta. "Sh*t man! Yer good!" Yelled Thoad, jumping back. Suddenly, Thoad noticed a white noise filling his ears. It was so high pitched, but still able to be heard. A headache came over him, his ears filling with the screech of what sounded like electronics. Thoad noticed Manta was having the same effect though, and decided to take his chance.
Thoad used a hard slap to the left arm on manta in order to spin him around, and then he had produced a swift hit to Manta's kidney. As Manta yelped in pain, the boy clad in green stepped back, waiting for Manta to get his bearings. Then the whispers came.
"You could never be a mod. So young, so frail... so immature," a faint and raspy voice came from behind Thoad. It was one of the sanity tricks the InsanoChamber had used. It was starting to exploit Thoad's worst fears, the things that he didn't want to hear. Thoad wanted to shout that it wasn't true, that it was possible for him to get to his goal, but he tried his best not to listen. There was a fight going on.
Before Thoad could even realize it, he was being hammered on by Manta's scaly fists. A quick jab to the right cheek and a nice follow up to the gut from the fish-man. Thoad noticed a "Hail-Mary" (OOC: Terminology may be off, it's basically a super-powered hook to the face) about to come in. He ducked and ripped Manta's leg from off the ground. He then grabbed Manta by the leg and twirled him around. Throwing him off the stage, he was close to the end of the InsanoChamber.
"Win this fight? You can't even draw correctly," the raspy voice called from behind again.
"Shut up!" Thoad screamed, turning abruptly. He pulled out his rifle, loaded with an airsoft bullet. He grabbed the gun by the barrel and looked for a stagger from Manta. Finally, he was able to get a good hit on manta with the butt of his rifle. Thoad jumped back several times, making sure that there was plenty of space between the two victestants.
Right when Thoad thought that he was able to get this done with, a nightmare hit him hard. Real hard. Though Thoad didn't actually know if Manta was encountering another nightmare, he suspected it to be true. Thoad found his representation of himself in a gray room with concrete walls and one window. It was incredibly dark, and someone was under the window. It felt like a vague memory. It was the interview.
"Now tell me Thoad, why would such a good boy do something like that?" the Silohuette that was supposed to represent strop said.
"Did what?" Thoad asked, outraged.
"You threw it away, Thoad." Strop sounded sinister. He was acting extremely out of character.
"Threw what away?!" Thoad had pretty much forgotten that this was an InsanoChamber nightmare, brought on from the sinister dome.
"Your modhood, Thoad. You had it for a day. You blew it. It's gone, as will you. I just wanted to know why before I banned you. For good," Strop almost seemed to be sad at whatever it is that I'd done. "So tell me, why did you just... throw it all away?"
Thoad finally remembered something, that word. That word that would make all the pain go away. All the fear and anger he had during the past 10-30 minutes, would go away. He remembered the word but didn't say it aloud "Uncle". Suddenly, the nightmare went away. Thoad saw manta on the other side of the field. He was mumbling and sprawled out among the floor.
He went above Manta, and gave him a soft slap on the cheek, enough to wake up. "Did you give up yet? I don't think the InsanoChambers working anymore, and I didn't say the word." Manta simply looked at me, frowned, and sighed.
"Yeah." Manta said, a look of sadness on his face. Thoad had a faint smile on his face.
"That was a hell of a fight we had, huh?" The green-clad kid asked. "Beat the hell out of each other about as much as the InsanoChamber did to our brains, right?" Thoad had been a little too exhausted from everything, and helped Manta up. "No hard feelings, right?"

Posted May 19, '10 at 9:39pm

Strop

Strop

11,085 posts

Excellent, you may now expect the posting of the judgement itself in approximately 30-50 hours.

Posted May 19, '10 at 10:14pm

thoadthetoad

thoadthetoad

5,814 posts

30-50 hours.

I may be bigger than you, but you certainly hold off longer. Damn.

I can still please a woman better than you.

Though I'm pretty sure you could please a man better than me.

Posted May 19, '10 at 10:51pm

thepossum

thepossum

3,096 posts

I can still please a woman better than you.

That's harsh. Is it just because he's Asian?*Chuckles*

Though I'm pretty sure you could please a man better than me.

Could be a compliment...but it's most likely an insult...

Posted May 19, '10 at 11:11pm

thoadthetoad

thoadthetoad

5,814 posts

Could be a compliment...but it's most likely an insult...

It's a comsult.

Posted May 19, '10 at 11:22pm

thepossum

thepossum

3,096 posts

It's a comsult.

But what if he's gay? Or bi? Then it would be a compliment! But if he's straight, then you just insulted him twice!

Posted May 20, '10 at 12:03am

the_manta

the_manta

4,697 posts

Aaaaaaand cue strop telling everyone to keep it pg-13.

Never fails.

Posted May 20, '10 at 12:13am

Strop

Strop

11,085 posts

Keep it pg-13 guys >_<

And thoad, you're underage. Don't go posting stuff suggestive of your partaking in illegal activity on these forums!

Posted May 20, '10 at 12:36am

thoadthetoad

thoadthetoad

5,814 posts

And thoad, you're underage. Don't go posting stuff suggestive of your partaking in illegal activity on these forums!

Tee hee.

Reply to The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

You must be logged in to post a reply!