Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

Posted Jun 4, '10 at 6:17pm

Cenere

Cenere

14,002 posts

Knight

Wish me luck, alright?

Break a leg. I hope it goes well.

This is the WoM, after all. "Day after tomorrow" means "in the relatively near-ish future, probably" in WoM slang.

Strop runs on doctor time. I am still waiting for it to be "tomorrow"... The day after tomorrow will be a relative amount of time after the moment I have gotten the reply to my question (which doesn't matter anymore, but out of principle).

Posted Jun 5, '10 at 8:26am

Strop

Strop

11,085 posts

It doesn't really matter. This is the WoM, after all. "Day after tomorrow" means "in the relatively near-ish future, probably" in WoM slang.

The best part is that this never means the same thing twice!

In this case, this is what I have been doing:

a) Cirriculum Vitae
b) Cover Letter
c) Online application process
d) Attend hospital open day

Now multiply that by five, because I'm applying to five hospitals in this state. I should have most of it under control by the middle of next week, but before I have my interview times booked (in the case that the hospitals offer me the interview), I can't really rest.

I presume most readers here haven't experienced the joy of applying for a career-oriented job... when/if you do, you'll understand -_-; Once I've finished writing the CV and the majority of the cover letters I'll post your next task.

Good luck with your exam Xzeno!

Posted Jun 5, '10 at 10:22am

kingryan

kingryan

4,439 posts

I has exams too Strop...

Umm....good luck with your job hunting...hopefully you wont be like my sister who didnt have a job for the first half of the year after studying speech path.

Posted Jun 6, '10 at 4:13am

Strop

Strop

11,085 posts

Good luck with your exams Kingryan! (Anybody else I missed?)

Currently I have finished my CV, but need to rewrite the personal statement depending on what I put in each of my cover letters. Also, I have finally attended all the hospital open days available, so now it's just down to the task of getting everything submitted. It is taking a long time, but seriously I'll get around to... haha man I suck :<

Yeah. Fortunately for me, I am guaranteed a job starting January not only in Victoria, but NSW as well, so as far as that goes I'm sitting prettier than most people. However, it's a matter of where I get that job.

Posted Jun 6, '10 at 4:43am

kingryan

kingryan

4,439 posts

Yeah. Fortunately for me, I am guaranteed a job starting January not only in Victoria, but NSW as well, so as far as that goes I'm sitting prettier than most people. However, it's a matter of where I get that job.

Do yourself a favour and come to South Australia?

Posted Jun 6, '10 at 4:47am

Strop

Strop

11,085 posts

Not guaranteed a place there! :P

Hm, I think I've managed to work all the hospital values into this letter...

Posted Jun 6, '10 at 5:19am

kingryan

kingryan

4,439 posts

Hm, I think I've managed to work all the hospital values into this letter...

Value 1: Making money.
Value 2: Making everything clean.
Value 3: Picking on new doctors?

Posted Jun 6, '10 at 10:06am

Pois0nArr0w

Pois0nArr0w

2,115 posts

Got my entry in. Again, hope it's good enough.

Posted Jun 9, '10 at 4:47am

Strop

Strop

11,085 posts

An announcement!

I've just finished my applications to my number one preference. Luckily, I managed to snag the last available interview slot post-exams, which is crucial to my internship 2011 campaign.

Once I finish the other applications later tonight, I can think about updating the WoM. Your wait is not in vain!

Posted Jun 11, '10 at 4:07am

Strop

Strop

11,085 posts

Final announcement before the next round!

I'm done with applications. I have a long weekend, so I will force myself to squeeze in some time to get the next round started! It will be out within 24 hours, so PREPARE YOURSELVES!!!

A lot of the intermediate material is disorganised thanks to my being unable to keep up correspondences during the application-week-from-hell, so I'll have to pick up those loose ends tonight i.e. now.

Reply to The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

You must be logged in to post a reply!