Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

Posted Jun 4, '10 at 12:11am

Gametesta

Gametesta

1,623 posts

Oh crap delete that. Im stupid. I just checked my email :P

Posted Jun 4, '10 at 6:15pm

Xzeno

Xzeno

2,082 posts

We (Cen and I) unashamedly point out that Xzeno is probably the most prepared for what is to come ahead given his experience, right?

Prepared for WoM stuff, sure. Most prepared, almost definitely. Prepared for that test tomorrow, not quite so certain. Exams, you know. Wish me luck, alright?

No idea what I was thinking, actually, seeing as day and night no longer have meaning to me.

It doesn't really matter. This is the WoM, after all. "Day after tomorrow" means "in the relatively near-ish future, probably" in WoM slang.

Oh bother, I seem to have ruined my 1337 postage.

Posted Jun 4, '10 at 6:17pm

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

Wish me luck, alright?

Break a leg. I hope it goes well.

This is the WoM, after all. "Day after tomorrow" means "in the relatively near-ish future, probably" in WoM slang.

Strop runs on doctor time. I am still waiting for it to be "tomorrow"... The day after tomorrow will be a relative amount of time after the moment I have gotten the reply to my question (which doesn't matter anymore, but out of principle).

Posted Jun 5, '10 at 8:26am

Strop

Strop

10,822 posts

It doesn't really matter. This is the WoM, after all. "Day after tomorrow" means "in the relatively near-ish future, probably" in WoM slang.

The best part is that this never means the same thing twice!

In this case, this is what I have been doing:

a) Cirriculum Vitae
b) Cover Letter
c) Online application process
d) Attend hospital open day

Now multiply that by five, because I'm applying to five hospitals in this state. I should have most of it under control by the middle of next week, but before I have my interview times booked (in the case that the hospitals offer me the interview), I can't really rest.

I presume most readers here haven't experienced the joy of applying for a career-oriented job... when/if you do, you'll understand -_-; Once I've finished writing the CV and the majority of the cover letters I'll post your next task.

Good luck with your exam Xzeno!

Posted Jun 5, '10 at 10:22am

kingryan

kingryan

4,164 posts

I has exams too Strop...

Umm....good luck with your job hunting...hopefully you wont be like my sister who didnt have a job for the first half of the year after studying speech path.

Posted Jun 6, '10 at 4:13am

Strop

Strop

10,822 posts

Good luck with your exams Kingryan! (Anybody else I missed?)

Currently I have finished my CV, but need to rewrite the personal statement depending on what I put in each of my cover letters. Also, I have finally attended all the hospital open days available, so now it's just down to the task of getting everything submitted. It is taking a long time, but seriously I'll get around to... haha man I suck :

Posted Jun 6, '10 at 4:43am

kingryan

kingryan

4,164 posts

Yeah. Fortunately for me, I am guaranteed a job starting January not only in Victoria, but NSW as well, so as far as that goes I'm sitting prettier than most people. However, it's a matter of where  I get that job.

Do yourself a favour and come to South Australia?

Posted Jun 6, '10 at 4:47am

Strop

Strop

10,822 posts

Not guaranteed a place there! :P

Hm, I think I've managed to work all the hospital values into this letter...

Posted Jun 6, '10 at 5:19am

kingryan

kingryan

4,164 posts

Hm, I think I've managed to work all the hospital values into this letter...

Value 1: Making money.
Value 2: Making everything clean.
Value 3: Picking on new doctors?

Posted Jun 6, '10 at 10:06am

Pois0nArr0w

Pois0nArr0w

1,556 posts

Got my entry in. Again, hope it's good enough.

Reply to The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

You must be logged in to post a reply!