Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

Posted Jan 21, '12 at 3:02am

the_manta

the_manta

3,006 posts

i was just thinking, "hey, you know what, i was in that... thing... back at that place."

it's coming along nicely, fellas, but it could use more cowbell.

or like, a bass solo.

...i can handle that...

Posted Feb 2, '12 at 11:00pm

Strop

Strop

10,824 posts

hi guys, I just got back from a 2 week holiday pretty much without internet, the latter half of which was spent trekking through the middle of nowhere (read: Tasmanian wilderness. Nothing TOO wilderness mind you, I didn't have enough time for that).

So now I'm here, we'll be resuming updating as soon as I have my stuff sorted. There's no further user involvement for the next little stretch, but it's going to be insane enough anyway.

I mean, just think about it this way: I'm using this as the soundtrack.

Posted Feb 5, '12 at 7:30am

Strop

Strop

10,824 posts

The End of the World

in 8-bit

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/Way%20Of%20Moderation/11-9.png

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/Way%20Of%20Moderation/11-10.png

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/Way%20Of%20Moderation/11-11.png

Power coursed through his body, filling him with a sensation of rushing that made him want to explode. Yet at the same time, he was calm. Everything made sense. All was right with the world.

Strop looked around. Even the rain had frozen in place. Slowly, he reached out and touched a droplet, watching it ripple then explode. He turned his head upwards and saw one of the mutant troll behemoths, its eyes glowing ominously, fist telegraphed and prepared to obliterate the castle in its entirety. Suddenly, he knew exactly what he had to do, and how to do it.

In the next instant, he was outside, surveying the chaos of the castle's surrounds. He plucked his way through the thosand strong crowd hammering at the walls, and nodded at the frozen figures on the castle battlements, arms poised mid throw, projectiles turning slowly end over end as they were suspended mid-fall. A little ways from the action, Strop saw a familiar figure, a tall young man, looking perplexed as he watched the scene, several precious arrows in hand.

Maverick stood there, jaw gaping as the mutant trolls wound back, ready to crush the heart of AG once and for all. Before he could even think his next thought, a black blur rushed by.

"I'll be needing those, thanks," Strop gabbled as he plucked the Arrows of Time from Maverick's limp-wristed hand. In the next instant, he was gone, a black blur disappearing into the sky.

His nerves conducting electrical impulses even faster than the speed of light, Strop had transcended even instinct. In a single motion he had loosed eight arrows, each finding their mark, causing the trolls to momentarily stop altogether, their fists just metres away from their final destination. Legs pumping, he rushed up the side of the nearest troll, launching high into the air, preparing to summon the greatest of his ban powers, when he looked over in the direction of the Aristocrat alley, and screamed-

"YES, OH MY GOD!!!"

Posted Feb 8, '12 at 6:16am

Strop

Strop

10,824 posts

btw guys I wonder if anybody's gonna be able to get a screencap of the 2,000,000th hit on this thread. Like holy crap 2 million hits!!!

Posted Feb 8, '12 at 6:21am

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

Still some two-three thousand views yet, though.
And 2m views and about ~10 pages of actual content.

Posted Feb 8, '12 at 7:11pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

3,707 posts

"YES, OH MY GOD!!!"

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! WAH DA-DA-DA WAH DA-DA-DA WAAAAAAAAAAAAH! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! WAAAAAAAAAH! DA-DA-DA-DA-DA-DA-DA-DA! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! GRISH-GROSH! YOOO-KEH-YEAH-DEEEH.

Posted Feb 8, '12 at 10:00pm

kingryan

kingryan

4,165 posts

Argh! It jumped from 1,999,987 to 2,000,030!

Posted Feb 9, '12 at 2:16am

Strop

Strop

10,824 posts

ROFL. Oh well, that was a fail :P

But still holy crap 2 million hits. I can't believe that they could possibly come from actual people who read this thread.

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/2millionhits.png

may be an exaggeration of what actually happened in the story

Anyway, back I going to doing this @#%*&(*ing big piece which will comprise the next update, because frankly this is the second biggest cliffhanger :D

Posted Feb 9, '12 at 2:20am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,166 posts

Knight

I can imagine much of that number coming from either you or Cen. Or both. I don't know. Fell off the story right at the beginning.

Posted Feb 9, '12 at 11:48am

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

To be honest, this thread does ten to get a few thousand views per day. While Strop and I do tend to check in a lot, either to update, to view details or to answer questions or reply to one of the - viewers, we probably can't be the reason for more than ten or twenty views a day, on a good day.

may be an exaggeration of what actually happened in the story

This reminds me a little of the "Mr. Anderson" joke I did a while back. I wonder where I uploaded it...

Reply to The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

You must be logged in to post a reply!