Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

Posted May 24, '12 at 6:11am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

I thought Strop was the only "dark horse" around here!

OMG U RACIST D:

Posted May 24, '12 at 8:07am

daleks

daleks

3,235 posts

Maybe I might even get a few pictures in too!

Yes! I love the pictures.

And so we row on...

Great Gatsby reference?

Posted Jun 2, '12 at 7:54am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

Oops, didn't get anything done on that weekend, or this one, as I've been preparing for a taekwondo tournament. All the competitors are like tiny so it's been hard fixing a match, so now I get to fight some giant dude who tops me by at least 10 kilos!

So I guess I'll keep writing as soon as I can.

Great Gatsby reference?

Chaching!

Posted Jun 2, '12 at 8:45am

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

So, considering the timeline, we are back at the Halloween deadline for finishing the WoM.

Posted Jun 6, '12 at 3:57am

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

So, three years we have been doing this. We are not entirely done either, but well. Go buy yourself a muffin to celebrate (or mourn) the three year anniversary of the WoM.

Posted Jun 6, '12 at 8:21am

kingryan

kingryan

4,165 posts

So, three years we have been doing this. We are not entirely done either, but well. Go buy yourself a muffin to celebrate (or mourn) the three year anniversary of the WoM.

Three years. Wow.

I'm sure there is something extremely wistful I could say...go check the 2 year anniversary and read what I wrote there...it should suffice.

Posted Jun 9, '12 at 2:23pm

EnterOrion

EnterOrion

3,615 posts

Go buy yourself a muffin to celebrate (or mourn) the three year anniversary of the WoM.

More like wonder where the past three years of your life went. Or four or even five for some of us.

Posted Jun 11, '12 at 1:32am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

Currently mine is spent doing overtime and paperwork. I hate working from home, but if I don't, I won't be able to do the work I have to do for hospital, in hospital.

Either way, public holidays (that I get off) seem like the only time I can actually get stuck into this anymore. But on that note, since today is a public holiday, I'm getting stuck into it again!

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/Way%20Of%20Moderation/12-8.png

Posted Jun 11, '12 at 4:39am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

My god horse noses really distort perspective.

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/Way%20Of%20Moderation/12-9.png

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/Way%20Of%20Moderation/12-10.png

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/Way%20Of%20Moderation/12-11.png

Posted Jun 11, '12 at 9:51am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

The Stone Cold Truth

"Strop!" Klaus said, somewhat more subdued, almost confused. "Where's my public execution?"

"You're not getting one," Strop said, unmoving.

"And why not!?" Klaus stood up indignantly. "You lock me up here for years without pressing any formal charges, and deny me the right to a fair trial because you think I'm a terrorist, and then to top it all off I'm not getting publicly executed? What kind of country does that!?"

"It's been two days," Strop said evenly.

"Well excuse me for not knowing the difference when there's no sunlight down here!" Klaus pouted. "And what's more, if you're not going to publicly execute me, then are you gonna let me go?" His ears perked up at this thought, and he put his best innocent face on.

Strop was unaffected. "No. We're just going to get rid of you quietly. Nobody needs to make a bigger fuss than we've already made. And now we're going to move on."

Unexpected, Klaus laughed. A deep belly laugh that seemed fitting for only one with as much gut as he posessed. "You guys are so full of ****. All this time, I kept telling you the same thing, about the same problems, and how to fix them, and you wouldn't listen. And then you do all these things and have you fixed the problem? No, you haven't! And instead of finally listening to me like you should have in the first place, you decide to sweep the matter under the rug and 'move on'. Yeah, move on to what? Do you think the administration really gives a rat's *** about this place? Did you see what it took for them to even take notice and poke their heads in and spread a little lightning and thunder around? What do you think it'll take for them to actually make changes?"

Ordinarily Strop would have bristled at this, and they would have launched into a long argument. But they were in a dark and damp prison cell, Klaus was supposed to be getting banned, Strop was supposed to be getting to the hospital and he really couldn't be bothered at this point. So he settled for rubbing his face in mild exasperation. "Having said all that, if you're going to blame everyone and everything else, do you think you would have made any kind of difference yourself?"

"Of course, but you never gave me a chance!" Klaus retorted. "And now I hear you're retiring. What's up with that huh? Don't you care anymore? Or is this another admission that I'm right, because I am?"

At this, Strop visibly stiffened. In the first few hours after the inquest, he thought he was okay with his decision, but then again, that was just in the first few hours. Now, in the light of everything that was happening and that he had to think about, he kinda just didn't want to think about anything at all. Maybe Klaus was right, he didn't have enough in him to care. He wasn't like some kind of manga character which had an infinite supply of moxie. Or maybe he was just still tired from the crazy events of the last week, or maybe year. "I'm retiring because I have to move on. I have other responsibilities and commitments starting up and it would be irresponsible to hold so many commitments that I couldn't perform any of them. And yes, this means I consider my upcoming commitments to be more important. That's just a fact of life that I knew I was going to have to accept. Others have accepted it. You should too."

Klaus' face fell. "Stroppy, my good horse, whatever happened to you? I thought we had something in common. I thought we could have been something special. Changing the world with endless determination, working for the betterment of this place, and now you're cutting and running like this just because it seems hopeless? We were such similar spirits, and how you've... you've changed."

"We weren't alike Klaus. It's true that I took up the job because I wanted to serve a greater good. But you were always more than a touch megalomaniacal."

That unnerving toothy bear grin, that made Strop think of Heath Ledger's (arugably) finest work (perhaps not least because it was also his last), was back. But instead of another joke about his scar, Klaus had something else in mind. "I don't think we weren't alike, no. Surely you enjoyed yourself just a little bit wasting a year of everybody's time holding the tournament? Putting on a grand spectacle and being the center of attention? Making big things happen just because you can? It's in all of us, Stroppy, and I think the real reason you're leaving is because you realised, too late, that you weren't immune to the pleasures of power after all. Not you, rock star ninja that you are. You and I, we were the same, only I've been honest about it this whole time."

Strop sighed. Already this visit had dragged on far longer than he wanted it to, and made him think far more than he wanted to. There was precious little that remained to be said, at least anything useful. So rather than find a suitable way to end the neverending conversation, Strop turned his back and started walking to the iron door. "Klaus, you circumvented a ban. We have to send you away again. Don't come back." He stepped through the door, and shut it behind him with a clang.

Suddenly robbed of his rhetorical complacency, Klaus panicked and rushed to the door and gripped the bars. "Strop, it's not too late! You can stop this! STROP, DON'T YOU REALISE YOU'RE JUST LIKE ME? WHERE DID YOUR VISION TO CHANGE THIS PLACE GO? I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS!"

Strop was already at the spiral staircase that marked the exit from the dungeon, but he turned his head over his shoulder one last time. "We are friends Klaus. Just... not in this place!"

He knew those were the last words he would ever utter to Klaus while standing in the land of Armor Games. As far as he was concerned, the matter was over, and he hoped one day, Klaus might come to agree with him. Either way, he had other things to attend to, so he hurried out of the dungeon, and towards the open air once more.

---

So while this is a bit late, to celebrate 3 years of the WoM, I give you, uh... well I guess this is actually quite an uncomfortable scene huh?

Reply to The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

You must be logged in to post a reply!