Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

Posted Jul 14, '13 at 11:16am

kingryan

kingryan

4,165 posts

I don't entirely know what to say now, not sure how to respond to the actual end of this thing. I've done the nostalgia so much over the years - and maybe one day I will have enough time and motivation to read through the entire thread, just to look back and see what once was.

A massive thanks has to go to Strop and Cenere - I wouldn't have stuck with producing content for this as long as you both have; it's somewhat admirable!

Now, I believe it is time for me to sleep...

Posted Jul 14, '13 at 10:46pm

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

A massive thanks has to go to Strop and Cenere

As a true veteran KR remembers that there were two hosts, and without either this project wouldn't have been possible. It occurs to me that Cenere hadn't posted content in the thread for a long time and since I was the sole contributor to the archive, his work (of which there was a lot) oftentimes went uncredited. For example, we certainly wouldn't be here now if not for his clearing up a lot of the picture hurdles in the final few updates, which provided the motivation to actually stop being on a year's worth of hiatus and get done.

Posted Jul 16, '13 at 1:53am

Xzeno

Xzeno

2,082 posts

I told you.

Well, it's over now. I feel like I should say something. Maybe I still will. I think the WoM was a good cleansing for all of us. Got some things out of our systems that we all needed to get rid of. It's good that it ended, and I'm happy for everyone who stuck with it until then. Like Strop, I'm also leaving. Not anytime remotely soon, unlike him. However, when I so, I don't think I'll return to this place. Armor Games was the last part of my childhood I needed to pack away, I think, and the WoM's ending signifies that.

As for Ed, I think Zahz did make the correct call there, and I shall leave it to his discretion regardless.

Cenere too was a host. No one should forget Cen's contributions, and he shouldn't be a stranger, because I really like him :< But I suppose that his absence isn't the only reason people seem to downplay him. As Strop mentioned, visibility. And, well, it's no secret that I'm a Strop fan too.

I'll answer as much as is prudent (and reasonable)

Well playing with this would obviously be a fun thing to do when I'm bored. But we all know I have all those answers and more already. Besides, I no longer find myself seeking.

Posted Jul 16, '13 at 11:25pm

daleks

daleks

3,197 posts

Cenere too was a host. No one should forget Cen's contributions, and he shouldn't be a stranger, because I really like him :<

I miss Cen too. Whatever happened to him? He understood me better than anyone on this site.

Anyway, while we are thanking Cen and Strop, we must also thank all the participants of WoM. I honestly don't know them all and many are not active anymore, but without them this thing would not have been possible. So thanks to Xzeno, who actually stuck around to the end of this and everyone else that wrote or drew something for this.

Posted Aug 7, '13 at 2:18pm

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

Hullo.
Been a while, eh?

Either way, I don't really know what to say, so... images speak louder than words?

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/img149_zps6fee1107.jpg
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/img150_zps379cc820.jpg
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/img151_zps0909868b.jpg
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/img152_zps8a82bd79.jpg
True story*.

*Disclaimer: This story is in fact not true, and should not be taken as such.

Posted Aug 7, '13 at 4:09pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

CENERE!

I would hug you to thank you but that would be weird.

Posted Aug 7, '13 at 6:24pm

Ferret

Ferret

5,513 posts

Administrator

Congrats guys. :)

Posted Aug 7, '13 at 9:01pm

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

THE CEN HAS SPOKEN. Now we can lay this thread to rest. The only hiccup was that when I went to the mods to submit my resignation, they all laughed at me and told me that I was already 3 years late, so not resigning forever wouldn't make much of a difference...

It was the most epic brofist of epic brofists there ever was.

Posted Aug 7, '13 at 11:13pm

daleks

daleks

3,197 posts

And then you had to but new computers because you broke the screens. Probably.

Yay. Also Strop, respond to my email!

Posted Aug 7, '13 at 11:15pm

daleks

daleks

3,197 posts

O, and Cen. Give me some way to contact you. Strop has my email, hopefully, unless he lost it again.

Reply to The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

You must be logged in to post a reply!