Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

Posted Jul 16, '09 at 6:13pm

Pixie214

Pixie214

6,021 posts

lol i think moderator's pet would be the hardest to get, but the rotten egg one, the easiest :P

:) lol you just have to put it in 1 minute before the deadline but I don;t think Strop or Cenere would appreciate it. Anyway who would want to be humiliated >.>

Posted Jul 16, '09 at 6:25pm

Gametesta

Gametesta

1,749 posts

:) lol you just have to put it in 1 minute before the deadline but I don;t think Strop or Cenere would appreciate it. Anyway who would want to be humiliated

Yeah i went for the 1st in. I hope i got. Also because I'm going on a cruise on Saturday and not getting back till The 24th and i want to get everything a quick as possible. And I'm positive who ever is going to be last.(which there will be). Probably to get attention though.

Posted Jul 16, '09 at 6:55pm

thisisnotanalt

thisisnotanalt

10,092 posts

Urm. . .I don't think you ever said how long the journey to the ampitheatre would be :/

Different journeys require different supplies, gosh >.>

Posted Jul 16, '09 at 7:34pm

Gametesta

Gametesta

1,749 posts

Urm. . .I don't think you ever said how long the journey to the ampitheatre would be :/

Different journeys require different supplies

Well just look at his map. The amphitheater is like the center of town, correct?

Posted Jul 16, '09 at 9:34pm

crimsonblade55

crimsonblade55

5,718 posts

Crimson, as much as I am sure you are very excited about this, I will have to tell you, you should send the draft (and thereby any entry that has not been approved, including that one) to the mail [email protected], for us to approve. You can post it, when it has been approved, but posting it here is the same as not entering anything, and would make you waste your work.

...you have got to be...I really need to read the rules more carefully in the future. Why is it whenever I compete in one of these I always screw something up. Well alright I will keep that in mind in the future. I just really hate using email.

Posted Jul 16, '09 at 10:18pm

Pois0nArr0w

Pois0nArr0w

2,115 posts

I'm ttly gonna get the 'rotten egg' thing. I'm late for everything...

*starts writing*

Posted Jul 16, '09 at 11:33pm

Strop

Strop

11,085 posts

Sorry Crimson, Yahoo email isn't exactly the best for me either, but it's just that we really like keeping everything in one place. Seeing as we're expecting around 30 entries, and would hate to miss anything, especially when there are prizes (and penalties) at stake for the round!

Posted Jul 16, '09 at 11:37pm

Strop

Strop

11,085 posts

Also: I suggest reading the FAQ before EVERY round begins, because I'm not going to pretend this isn't difficult to follow unless you're used to reading a lot of instructions. It's about on par with the kind of paperwork universities like to foist on you, and if you get anything wrong, I make you do it again...

...so yeah. Hooray for bureaucracy!

Posted Jul 16, '09 at 11:42pm

Strop

Strop

11,085 posts

Oh crap. I forgot to write something really important. Better late than never!

WRITING GUIDELINES

* You already know that killing other users is not a good thing. The real reason is that it makes it difficult for me to write around, so chances are I'll have to reject the submission, or hand out dire consequences.

* Also, you do have the option of writing in other characters into your own story but the other characters have to approve of it. This means I will have to send them your submission and have them read it. Since a character is only truly known to its creator, you should be prepared for a lot of rejections. This also applies to moderator characters (such as Strop).

* Good writing is smiled upon because it makes things easier to understand. Consistent tense, consistent voice, consistent grammar are all big plusses.

* When assessing your work, try thinking how awesome it would be in the context of a larger story, both your own and of the WoM.

Okay that should do it.

Posted Jul 17, '09 at 12:01am

Strop

Strop

11,085 posts

Oh crap crap crap, I also forgot to write specific guidelines for the first round. Many apologies to the users who have already submitted without knowing them!

THE OFFICIAL WRITING GUIDELINES TO ROUND ONE: THE INVITATION

Your first written task is to write about your character and what they are doing when they hear about the Way of Moderation. How do they react? What will they do in the weeks that lead up to the inauguration ceremony at the amphitheater on the 6th of August? In what manner do they arrive and with what expectations? You may write about as much or as little of this as you wish.

There are a number of guidelines specific to this round:

1) This is an open tournament, so assume that nobody is hand-picked or specifically invited.
2) Nobody meets Strop or any of the other mods/admins in this chapter. They're too busy.
3) If you write in other characters that are not your own, we (both you and I) will need to gain their approval- first so you can write, and so I can check whether they like what's been written about them.

Reply to The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

You must be logged in to post a reply!