Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

Posted Jul 17, '09 at 4:23am

the_manta

the_manta

4,697 posts

Argh! Word fail... can I please try that again?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I found myself lying awake in bed. I wanted to get out, but as the warm water rolled over me I found myself getting drowsier and drowsier. The warm water worked on me like tranquilizers. It's one of my favorite things in the entirety of Armor Lake. Considering the lake is made up of warm water, it kept me in a good mood, even during times of hardship.
Just then, a patch of freezing water greeted my face. I shot up out of bed. Any and all feelings of drowsiness left me. The sudden awakening wouldn't last long, though, unless I got to work. My mother wanted me to visit Armor Games' interior walls and pick up a cookbook from the library and archives. I don't know why she thought she'd find a cookbook there, but I shan't disobey Mother Dearest.
It was a long walk. The path was rocky, and little pebbles always got stuck in the webbing between my feet, and I always hated taking it. I eventually reached the gates and showed the guard my ID card. He scanned it, glared at the gates and they flew open without any resistance. Armor Games was rather vast, especially compared to my little lake. It was just my luck that the library was near the very back of the entire kingdom.
I decided to walk around the Western side of Armor Castle for a change. It would take me through the free market, the news and broadcast tower, and the atrium & plaza area. As I passed through the free market, I heard many conversations, all of them very similar, including "Do you sell inventions to take back what I said," "You! Salesperson! Sell me a device to alter my previous conversations!" I heard many grating voices, almost all yelling "Laugh out loud out loud out loud!" It was a very... Repetitive place to travel through.
The news & broadcast tower was in a state of great disrepair. It was scarcely, if ever, used nowadays. Debris constantly fell from the tip of the tower. A nearby necromancer got knocked out by some of the falling metal... served him right. Necromancy is unnatural. I chuckled slightly to myself.
I was always nervous about setting foot in the atrium. Every time I go through I nearly get blasted with a ball of fire. Just then, I heard someone scream at the top of their lungs, "Obama swatted that fly in self-defense, you noob!!" A fireball burned through a door and grazed the tip my dorsal fin. Perhaps I should have taken the Eastern route.
The library was finally in sight. About time. I began to mumble to myself, "Let's see... Aha. The Cooking Section. '1,001 Ways to prepare Spam,' 'How to Cook Using Fireballs,' 'The Strop Breakfast Way: How to Lose Weight by Eating Hay for a Month.' Nothing here Mom can use. What an utter waste of my time." I let out a deep sigh. It echoed through the hallowed hallways. I trudged, displeased, towards the exit, but I tripped over a large book. "The Ultimate guide to Armor Lands cuisine," I said. "This is perfect!"
As I left, I found myself wondering where King "Since Beta" Ryan was. He usually hung out in the library, organizing and tending to the archives. Oh well.
As I turned to the Western route, I began to fear for my well-being. "Eastern route it is," I said under my breath. I knew the area well. It was where I was for most of the time I spent in the Armor City. I wanted to avoid any commotion, so I stayed near the far wall.
I worked my way around the amusement park and found myself near Aristocrat Way. I vied to get in there one day, but I simply did not have enough AP to purchase a residence there. However, I was always welcome to take a stroll through the streets. I saw a large group of people gathered around one area, from new users who thought they had what it takes to be a wealthy man to the rich and famous themselves. The crowd piqued my fishy curiosity.
I pushed my way through the crowd, nearly knocking over a peasant. I guess I don't know my own strength, sometimes. It seemed everybody was gathered around a poster. I simply had to see what this was about.
I was surprised and eager all at the same time. I read the poster aloud. "Armor Games wants YOU... Way of Moderation Tournament... Ceremony to be held at amphitheatre, 6th August, 2009." This was my big chance. My mother and grandparents always told me about the meaning of my name... "He who is destined to make an attempt at greatness, but maybe fail. Maybe fail." I'd known that since I was four years old. I was just a fry at the time, but around the age of ten, I began really wanting to fulfill that... I suppose I could call it a prophecy. For seven years, I searched for an opportunity... and this was my big chance.
I ran home as fast as my webbed feet could take me, cookbook in arms. When I reached the lake shore, I dove straight into the water. My fins cut through the current like knives. "Mom! Mom! I brought the cookbook!"
"Oh, good. Thank you, Manta. I really appreciate it." Her sweet voice soothed me more than the warm water.
"You're very welcome... Mom, I have really big news. There's... there's this tournament. To become a moderator. I- I know I have what it takes. I just know it!" I was very passionate about this, which was unusual for me.
She paused. "Manta... how long will this last?"
"I don't know, Mom. It could last anywhere around 4 months."
"Oh... My son... You're doing this to live up to your father, aren't you?"
It caught me off guard when she said that. My father died a hero during the troll wars years ago. "W-what? No, I just feel like I was meant to do this. Please, Mom?"
She shook her head and sighed. I began to worry she would say "No." But she didn't. "Promise me you'll write me every day." We Fish Men know how to take paper products underwater without melting them.
But that's beside the point. I pumped my fist into the air and gathered my stuff up for the journey. I packed 10 pairs of my signature swim trunks, my trusty bo staff, my high pressure hose that I only used when I was in a bad mood, and the clam shell charm my father gave me when I was an infant. It allowed me to get away from the world and ignore those around me without consequence... But it also gave me confidence to think about my war hero of a father.
This was it. I was ready for the tournament. There was just one last order of business. I embraced my mother and said "Bye, Mom. I'll think about you every day." She just looked into my eyes and kissed my cheek. I felt bad for leaving her by herself... She deserves so much.
My feet hit the shore before even my suitcase, and I was off for the amphitheatre. I entered the place breathing heavily and still soaking wet. I received some strange stares. But, nonetheless, this was it. The Way of Moderation tournament.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope this is okay...

If that fails, I give up.

Posted Jul 17, '09 at 4:36am

crimsonblade55

crimsonblade55

5,718 posts

Alright so now that I have been given approval to submit this with the new section I will go ahead and do so. I am copying this directly from the email I sent so if it gets screwed up then I am sorry.

The Recruitment Posters

"Woot!" "OMG's!!!" "lolololololololololol"

I woke up early at noon thinking that a group of spammers had raided the homes of the aristocrats nearby. I grabbed my sword and went outside barefoot in a hurry to see what was going on, when I saw that the commotion was coming from the Aristocrats themselves for some odd reason. I saw that many of them were out on the streets holding up flyers. I looked at the walls on the sides of the street and saw they were almost painted over with these things. So I grabbed one up to see what was so interesting as to gain more information about it. At first glance it looked like a recruitment poster to become a moderator, but as I read through it I found out it was a recruitment poster for a tournament to become a moderator. Either way I was confused as the mods typically have whats called a...I think its called a "don't ask, don't tell" policy or something like that, and on top of that for a while they have claimed to a wheel of moderation that they would spin in order to choose the next moderator, though for a while I never believed in this wheels existence, it still baffled me that they would have a competition, but I did not dwell on it for too long as I, like many others always craved to become a moderator, though for myself it was about gaining the moderator powers before anything else so I could take matters into my own hands, though of course many others would say the same. On top of that I figured that I could learn something there including why they are holding this competition in the first place. So I went back into my house, grabbed my boots, my cloak, and some mini-bell peppers in case I get hungry. On top of that I figured I should come prepared for anything so I grabbed up my map of the secret underground tunnels within the Armorlands, and my guide on how to properly speak with others in the ArmorCity(including how to properly quote another person, how to emphasize what you are saying, and how to show others an art piece though its ironic that someone who is not very social wrote a book about how to be social) So once I had everything I thought I might need. I looked at where the flyer said to meet. It said that the there would be some sort of ceremony in the amphitheatre on August the 6th. I realized just then that people were freaking out over something that was not to start for nearly another two weeks or so. I opened up my map of the ArmorCity that was a replica of the one made by Strop. I saw that it was on the outside of the central ring of the city, close to many of the other areas I tend to visit such as the community hall, and imaginarium. Its odd that I could not remember how to get there, but whatever the case is, I set out to the amphitheatre so as to see what type of preparations were currently in order for this competition...

Preparations are in order

I walked to the great Arena expecting a crowd of people signing up to compete. I saw some signing up, but most just watched not interested in competing.. When I got there it was obvious though that there would be quite a bit of competition, and there were still many who wanted to sign-up. I saw a few familiar signatures on the list already, though some more that I have never seen before. I figured that it would be a good idea that since I had 2 weeks that I would make the best of it. I came back after the sign-up was closed and looked at the list. I copied it down on a small piece of parchment, and through the two weeks made sure to do two things. Through the first week I...researched the competition studying them, trying to figure out what they do and how they act so as to have an edge on them. Then the second week trained my own skills. Swordsmanship being my top priority training myself to swing faster, become more agile while wielding a blade, and most importantly how to fight each person with or without his sword if necessary. On the day before the competition I gathered everything together, again along with the information I had gathered on any possible opponents I may need to face during this competition. I didn't know what the competition held for me, or whether or not I would even need to fight anyone, but if I did then I was confident that I was prepared for it. After all I had knowledge, and knowledge is power as many say...

Posted Jul 17, '09 at 4:55am

Cenere

Cenere

14,002 posts

Knight

More importantly, I really like your coloring, Cen.

Oh yeah, ref for hyena...
Anyway, I am progressing slowly on the bases, but I got the skin down last night (Well, for most), and have been guessing a lot about it > >...
Planning to do as much of the clothing today, and see how many layers I will be working with. Then it should be up for comments and stuff, and... Yeah.

Posted Jul 17, '09 at 5:38am

jezz

jezz

3,394 posts

English people have blue eyes?
I do :3

Hey! Cen, the cartoon made me go "Hrrmm. Awww! *confused angry face*"

My entry might be one of the last ones in... I forgot to mention I'm extremely bad at meeting deadlines. I have no excuse to put off writing this other than, I don't know how exactly I'm going to write it!

Posted Jul 17, '09 at 7:13am

Cenere

Cenere

14,002 posts

Knight

Hey! Cen, the cartoon made me go "Hrrmm. Awww! *confused angry face*"

It made me laugh > >...

Anyway: *deep breath* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Much better. *goes back to colouring*

Posted Jul 17, '09 at 7:41am

goumas13

goumas13

4,906 posts

Me strory:
I was as always doing my experiments to discover the Philosopher's stone, the dream of every alchemist, I was so bored with this, cause I was a scientist, I did not feel as an alchemist and I did not wanted of ever becoming one. After some hours my boss Jabir told me to take a break and that he would continue, his theory was that metals like gold and silver could be hidden in alloys and ores, from which they could be recovered by the appropriate chemical treatment, I founded that quite stupid by a scientific point, but I had to try achieving that. Before leaving he started saying me again that metals could be recovered by the appropriate chemical treatment, i did not wanted to say to him that was impossible because his theory was based in his analysis, each classical element in terms of the four basic qualities of hotness, coldness, dryness, and moistness. He saw that I was not listening and I was wanting to leave, so he told me to go away, cause he was talking about the most important of all things. I went out and I saw a strange poster about an Armor City and a moderator recruitment, I was so happy I could get that job and maybe thanks to that find a job as scientist or coach or at lest a teacher. I had to run to my home, I putted random items in my bag, I wore my best suit and a wonderful tie, I took my soccer ball and my chemistry tools and I left to find a taxi to go there.

Posted Jul 17, '09 at 8:12am

jezz

jezz

3,394 posts

Anyway: *deep breath* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Colouring getting difficult?

Posted Jul 17, '09 at 8:47am

Cenere

Cenere

14,002 posts

Knight

Colouring getting difficult?

Difficult? No. Annoying and hard on my shoulders, as well as frustrating? Very much - -
You will see soon, I only miss the wings, some details and the eye colours.

Posted Jul 17, '09 at 9:33am

Cenere

Cenere

14,002 posts

Knight

http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs48/f/2009/198/0/c/WoM_Cast_base_by_Caelann.jpg

... Cen is tired now....
Comment with .. comments, things to change and a "go" for continuing, if everything's okay.

Posted Jul 17, '09 at 9:35am

dudeguy45

dudeguy45

3,038 posts

I like it... a little to tan for my skin, though.

Reply to The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

You must be logged in to post a reply!