Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

Posted Sep 4, '09 at 6:31pm

Gametesta

Gametesta

1,626 posts

A Day In An Aristocrats Life(1st Person):
  Well this is just great. Every single person in this town is staring at me! Might as well just fly, but then i would draw more attention to myself. Well I guess I should stop at the Armor Bank to get some points to do some stuff around here. There doesn't seem to be much. I should check out the games they have here. It's basically the only thing I know
  "Well that was quick" i muttered. I was standing in front of a Medieval styled bank. It looked a little old. I walked in. The place was kind of dead. No one was here except for like one teller. I walked up to him "Um... Sir? What do you require of the Armor games Bank today?" He said. He seemed very frightened. "Hmm I would like some Armor points." I said not trying to worry him. "Well what is your name?" "Gametesta" i said with a proud tone. The teller rolled his eyes. "Well let me run that through the system....... Wow you have a lot of armor points! Like almost 9000! Rank 72! Must be nice living in Aristocrat's way!" He said in astonishment. I was puzzled. How could i have that many armor points? I just got here. "Err how again do you earn Armor points?" I asked. "Well yyou can earn then by commenting, rating games, posting in the forums, creating a game, and writing a merit." Ah now i get it. The rating game thing. That is why i have so many. "Oh um thanks. I will see you later i think." I then left hurriedly, but grabbed a map on my way outside. I planned on going to Aristocrat's way.
  When I finally got there it wasn't very crowded. It was very noisy and loud though. People arguing everywhere. I had a hard time finding my place. When i finally did it was very new compared to the others. A big number 72 on the door. It was strange, instead of a doorknob there was a large but thin hole. I stuck my sword in it and opened the door. Cool. I walked in. It was like a hotel suite, but it smelled vacant. It also had a shower, mini fridge, a bed a T.V. and a lot of other common day appliances. And everything seemed to be fitted for my special needs. "Well this is a nice little place." i said to myself. I guess I'll just take a nap and maybe I will wake up and this will a still be here.....

(Place chosen: Aristocrat's Way)

Posted Sep 4, '09 at 6:40pm

the_manta

the_manta

3,006 posts

I had returned from the amphitheater (after submitting my very soggy registration form...) to my village. I opened my mailbox and peered inside.

What I found were two letter. One was a plain white one, the other, an ominous black envelope, embroidered with purple laces.

I decided the white one was just spam anyway, but I get the most interesting spam. So I opened it. Apparently, I had been chosen to deliver a package filled with millions of British Pounds to... Milwaukee? More specifically, "U hav been chosed to delver tihs pakageto milwalkee. when u arrive, u wil recieve 10% of its contents."

A few pieces of rubbish spewed out at me after I was done reading. I just crumpled it and disposed of it in the trees. Next I retrieved the black envelope. I had never seen a letter the likes of this, so, my fishy curiosity piqued, I ripped it open and grasped the letter that rested inside.

It seemed to be stuck. I pulled harder. Still wouldn't budge. Using about half of my strength (that would suffice), I pulled it out without stopping, and what came out was... shocking, to say the least.

As I jerked, whatever was inside flew out, spiraling over my head, knocking me down to the gravel. A petite piece of paper fluttered down and landed on my chest. I scanned it through.

http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss36/SpencerCar/Letter.jpg

I didn't remember having an Uncle Urchin... But, hey! 3,000 AP! That put me in the top 100!

As I turned around, I saw whatever had flown out of the letter was a large box. I opened it, next thing I know, I'm inside of an underwater mansion. I wandered outside to find myself on Aristocrat Way. While I didn't quite understand the mechanics of what had just happened, I didn't question it.

Anyway, it dawned on me that it could be weeks before the next round of the Way of Moderation started... darn. I had absolutely nothing else to do but rest inside my new mansion. With a mini-fridge in every room, 10 bedrooms, one for each nap I took, a training facility to hone my kickboxing skills, and an aquarium with every marine creature I could or couldn't imagine.

Life was good.
*************************************************************************************

Hmm... kind of... long... but I have nothing better to do (besides homework, American football, riding my bike...).

Anyway, hope that's sufficient. Sorry about the atrocious mousewriting on my picture.

Posted Sep 4, '09 at 7:26pm

Parsat

Parsat

1,810 posts

Parsat would have liked to be anywhere else besides the place he was in. Below him he could hear the organ starting, its notes faintly reaching the heights of his tower.

If it wasn't for his sadistic landlord, in fact, he might not have needed to take this extra job as a bellboy in the cathedral steeple. In fact, he didn't know what was in his mind when he applied for it. The bell was so large and ponderous that he couldn't merely pull the rope to ring it, he had to half-climb the rope to get it to ring. Not only that, but he was slightly afraid of heights, and although the railing was sufficiently high to block a nasty fall it still made him queasy.

At least I'm a prettier sight than the previous bellowner. That guy was butt-ugly, he thought as he sat under the shadow of the enormous bell.

Posted Sep 4, '09 at 11:08pm

Pois0nArr0w

Pois0nArr0w

1,565 posts

"Okay... What have we in store this time, oh wild... Er... Wilderness?" There was Frank, crouched under a large oak, it's shadow concealing him from any who wight wander by. He noted in his mind the strength and angle of the wind.
"Coast appears to be clear, for the time being..." Frank slowly rose, detaching himself from the shadows of his hiding spot. He stepped carefully over the tripwire he had set, and looked around. Just then, the ground around him rose up and changed shape. He was standing in what appeared to be an office building, with a large pane of glass on one end.
"Strange... I have this sudden urge to run through that window... Well, go with the flow, I suppose." Frank ran as fast as he could, lifting his arms up and shattering the glass on contact. He fell down a story or so, rolling onto his back. Standing up and dusting himself off, he gazed at his surroundings.
"Looks like somebody went overboard with the grayscale... Oh well. Not as bad as getting stuck in that old train car with those zombies." He looked up, staring at the monotone sky. As what looked to be some sort of aircraft passe overhead, he felt that surge of adrenaline again.
"Time to go, then." Frank ran to the end of the roof, managing to leap across a gap to the next. And he was off, propelling himself faster and faster, up, down, and through the dull buildings.
"This seems awfully easy... Between this and the colors, I'm starting to get drowsy..." As Frank mused to himself, he failed to notice the bomb dropping in on his position. With a sharp whistle, it fell only two feet in front of him. Frank came to a skidding halt, stopping himself nearly an inch away.
"Well... That's just not nice. Who would drop a bomb on this place? It's so... Bleak... Never mind. Off, again." And so it was. Though, it ended shortly after. Frank made a desperate leap, nearly making it up the seven or so feet he had to reach the next rooftop. Nearly. He landed on his chest, slowly sliding off the ledge.
"No... No... No no no no no-" He slipped off, plummeting to his fate. It just so happened that his fate was only three meters from where he had entered the strange world. Frank appeared ten feet above ground level, landing on hard soil with a thunk.
"N- Oof... That's gonna leave bruises..." He turned over on his back, wiping dirt from his face.
"Well that wasn't fun..." Frank stood up, dusting himself off.
"Nothing broken, I hope..." He poked his ribs, testing the strength of each one as he went down.
"Nothing there..." He shook his legs and arms, and again, felt nothing.
"Well, then, nothing to worry about... I hope... My, look at the time... I'd best be off to my hunting spot before dark."
Frank strolled off, securing his longbow and quiver on his back.
--

Hope that's good enough. If needed, I'll redo.

Posted Sep 5, '09 at 12:49am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

Wheeee it's getting off the ground!!!

which confuses me as to why neither would be mod material

Hahahaha, aw man, I see my joke failed massively.

Crimson might even beat Cenere for the award of Most Humourless. Then again Crimson might be forgiven for that since Strop is erratic on that count and Cenere... well Cenere just generally disapproves lolol.

Posted Sep 5, '09 at 1:28am

crimsonblade55

crimsonblade55

4,349 posts

Crimson might even beat Cenere for the award of Most Humourless. Then again Crimson might be forgiven for that since Strop is erratic on that count and Cenere... well Cenere just generally disapproves lolol.

There's an award for that? Well look I only add humor as I see fit. I might add some later(probably at the expense of others) but right now I couldn't find anything humorous to put in this particular entry...or even the last one now that I think about it. Oh well....

Posted Sep 5, '09 at 2:53am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

*headdesk*

Crimson, I actually meant the humour in my story. The whole point of it was the joke that there's no such thing as an adequate way to assess mod material through a slip that classifies you as either "boring" or "crazy". You know. It's supposed to be funny. *sniff*

Posted Sep 5, '09 at 3:00am

SoulHack117

SoulHack117

1,097 posts

OH! That was the joke... I thought the joke there was Cenere's 'overwhelming urge to throttle Strop'. (I kinda took that in a perverted way... >_>)

This is kinda sad... (Shows how much humour I have in me...)

Posted Sep 5, '09 at 3:09am

jaza_m

jaza_m

1,131 posts

Omg yours are like so long..mines jsut a discription :P

I like to hang out in an old 'Rusty' tin house a little north east outside of armor walls.Its a two story building but the stairs are broken, so I have to climb up, which i find quite fun.Sometimes i Bring my cat, but he gets annoyen..Always chasen the rats 'round...

Posted Sep 5, '09 at 4:33am

goumas13

goumas13

4,487 posts

Mr. Strop a dog ate my homework.
Unfortunately only a small part survived.): Here is what I found:
Like any other day he was at the information centre asking when the tournament begins, of course there was nobody there, they all run away when they see the Alchemist approach, cause he ask and asks questions and he is very frustrating.

Reply to The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

You must be logged in to post a reply!