Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

Posted Sep 2, '12 at 5:17pm

warriorcats123

warriorcats123

702 posts

im pretty shoure this is dieing

Posted Sep 3, '12 at 4:06pm

Cenere

Cenere

14,023 posts

Knight

im pretty shoure this is dieing

I am pretty sure you are wrong.
Just because no one but you are commenting, does not mean there is no activity around this, that no one enjoys reading the updates and follow the story.
One is not to judge a thread on the activity, but rather the content and the attention people are giving it. The same way a stickied thread is not dead, just because it's locked, and no one is commenting on the content.

You have got to remember that this is a thread at its close. If there is anything to do, it's just following it, and give their support, should someone see it fit. There are little to nothing to participate with, what needs to be discussed is done so off the scene on the email or through online messenger services, and what is posted here is merely the result.
Just because you don't see that activity, doesn't mean there is none.

But. We are at the close. About to die, if you catch the reference. But we are also marching towards it with our heads high, ready to welcome Death as an old friend.
Or, to put it more originally, the story is done soon. There is little more to do than wait and see how exactly it ends.

And it has been an enjoyable ride, but we are all, and here I believe I am speaking for everyone, not just Strop and I, tired.
This is three years old. I don't think there are many more words to write, as compliments, support or otherwise, besides telling the story.

Posted Sep 3, '12 at 4:58pm

light_chaser

light_chaser

1,092 posts

Noooooooo!! Strop is leaviiiing?!?

Ssy it ain't so, strop!

Please!?!

Posted Sep 3, '12 at 5:09pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

6,889 posts

In the story, yes. It says so quite clearly and in the plainest of language.

In actuality, yes. Strop has expressed his intentions to retire as a moderator, seeing as he is becoming increasingly busy with various medical duties. Or at least, so goes the rumor.

Posted Sep 3, '12 at 6:12pm

daleks

daleks

3,843 posts

Strop has expressed his intentions to retire as a moderator

But Stroppy said he will still be around from time to time. Just not a mod.

Posted Sep 4, '12 at 12:06am

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,236 posts

Knight

Test

Posted Sep 4, '12 at 12:06am

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,236 posts

Knight

test

Posted Sep 4, '12 at 6:02am

Strop

Strop

11,089 posts

In actuality, yes. Strop has expressed his intentions to retire as a moderator, seeing as he is becoming increasingly busy with various medical duties. Or at least, so goes the rumor.

But Stroppy said he will still be around from time to time. Just not a mod.

Both are true. I'll probably be around about as often as I am now, which is to say a few days a month. It's only appropriate that I retire as a moderator (as soon as this finishes) as I contribute virtually nothing to the forum in the official capacity of moderator, so it's not really going to be that big a change from normal.

And yes, I anticipate that I'll be continuing my physician training which involves exams in 2014. They're big (expensive) exams so I'll be studying for a whole year prior to them, hence I definitely won't be around that much. After that, though, I hope to be able to pick the pace of my projects back up again.

Posted Sep 4, '12 at 10:15am

light_chaser

light_chaser

1,092 posts

poop. All my favorite mods are retiring.

(no offense to the other mods... )

Posted Sep 6, '12 at 6:42pm

Xzeno

Xzeno

2,354 posts

poop. All my favorite mods are retiring
And all the mods I hate are coming back.

Reply to The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

You must be logged in to post a reply!