ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

5646 5418410
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/hinthintnudgewinknudge.jpg

• 5,646 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

I am so ready for a tough challenge that day! Actually, I'm somewhat panicked by my lack of readiness for the challenge.

We (Cen and I) unashamedly point out that Xzeno is probably the most prepared for what is to come ahead given his experience, right?

(assuming day after tomorrow is by AG time, not bizarre-o-world Australia time here)

No idea what I was thinking, actually, seeing as day and night no longer have meaning to me. I think I have on-call until 9...pm. This pretty much gives you an indication as to how urgent it is to get onto stuff, which is to say in your own time (within reason, and deadline).

Thoad: hold off on posting the response for now, I gotta collate everything first, and it will be linked to in the archives when everything is organised.
Gametesta
Gametesta
1,707 posts
Nomad

Strop, I sent you an e-mail about my whereabouts. Reply when you get the chance.

Gametesta
Gametesta
1,707 posts
Nomad

Oh crap delete that. Im stupid. I just checked my email :P

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

We (Cen and I) unashamedly point out that Xzeno is probably the most prepared for what is to come ahead given his experience, right?
Prepared for WoM stuff, sure. Most prepared, almost definitely. Prepared for that test tomorrow, not quite so certain. Exams, you know. Wish me luck, alright?

No idea what I was thinking, actually, seeing as day and night no longer have meaning to me.
It doesn't really matter. This is the WoM, after all. "Day after tomorrow" means "in the relatively near-ish future, probably" in WoM slang.

Oh bother, I seem to have ruined my 1337 postage.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Wish me luck, alright?

Break a leg. I hope it goes well.

This is the WoM, after all. "Day after tomorrow" means "in the relatively near-ish future, probably" in WoM slang.

Strop runs on doctor time. I am still waiting for it to be "tomorrow"... The day after tomorrow will be a relative amount of time after the moment I have gotten the reply to my question (which doesn't matter anymore, but out of principle).
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

It doesn't really matter. This is the WoM, after all. "Day after tomorrow" means "in the relatively near-ish future, probably" in WoM slang.

The best part is that this never means the same thing twice!

In this case, this is what I have been doing:

a) Cirriculum Vitae
b) Cover Letter
c) Online application process
d) Attend hospital open day

Now multiply that by five, because I'm applying to five hospitals in this state. I should have most of it under control by the middle of next week, but before I have my interview times booked (in the case that the hospitals offer me the interview), I can't really rest.

I presume most readers here haven't experienced the joy of applying for a career-oriented job... when/if you do, you'll understand -_-; Once I've finished writing the CV and the majority of the cover letters I'll post your next task.

Good luck with your exam Xzeno!
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

I has exams too Strop...

Umm....good luck with your job hunting...hopefully you wont be like my sister who didnt have a job for the first half of the year after studying speech path.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Good luck with your exams Kingryan! (Anybody else I missed?)

Currently I have finished my CV, but need to rewrite the personal statement depending on what I put in each of my cover letters. Also, I have finally attended all the hospital open days available, so now it's just down to the task of getting everything submitted. It is taking a long time, but seriously I'll get around to... haha man I suck :<

Yeah. Fortunately for me, I am guaranteed a job starting January not only in Victoria, but NSW as well, so as far as that goes I'm sitting prettier than most people. However, it's a matter of where I get that job.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Yeah. Fortunately for me, I am guaranteed a job starting January not only in Victoria, but NSW as well, so as far as that goes I'm sitting prettier than most people. However, it's a matter of where I get that job.

Do yourself a favour and come to South Australia?
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Not guaranteed a place there! :P

Hm, I think I've managed to work all the hospital values into this letter...

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Hm, I think I've managed to work all the hospital values into this letter...

Value 1: Making money.
Value 2: Making everything clean.
Value 3: Picking on new doctors?
Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

Got my entry in. Again, hope it's good enough.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

An announcement!

I've just finished my applications to my number one preference. Luckily, I managed to snag the last available interview slot post-exams, which is crucial to my internship 2011 campaign.

Once I finish the other applications later tonight, I can think about updating the WoM. Your wait is not in vain!

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Final announcement before the next round!

I'm done with applications. I have a long weekend, so I will force myself to squeeze in some time to get the next round started! It will be out within 24 hours, so PREPARE YOURSELVES!!!

A lot of the intermediate material is disorganised thanks to my being unable to keep up correspondences during the application-week-from-hell, so I'll have to pick up those loose ends tonight i.e. now.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Thoad showed up at Strop's (OOC: Going out on a limb here...) dojo just outside the tavern. It was a small dojo, just enough for maybe 3 people to hang out, conversate, or, what thoad was anticipating, spar.
Walking in, Thoad saw Strop standing rather stoically. "Hi Stroppy! I'm so happy that we get to SPAR." Thoad was probably being somewhat overenthusiastic due to him looking up to strop in several ways. "So, you mentioned about wanting to spar in the InsanoChamber, right?" Thoad was taking his Klaus-in-Training stance and acted like a pedobear with an adorable face for a second.
Strop hesitated, but ultimately he sighed and said yes to the pedobear face. Thoad made a small squeal of idiocy and melted to the floor, his mind seeing himself in the 3rd person and laughing his *ss off. Popping back up, thoad put his finger in the air and explained the InsanoChamber.
The bulk of it was made of metal, with soundproof material insulating it so that no one on the outside (or the soundproof plexi-glass viewing chambers). It was powered by 98 remnants of ghosts. The speakers were inside and thoad doesn't know how it managed to read minds. It was by complete accident!
Strop put his hand on his equine chin. It was a fun sight to see. Thoad ended up giggling a little before Strop preposed that he and Thoad sparred inside the chamber. "Remember strop, the InsanoChamber is pretty unstable and may cause insanity. To be safe, we'll set a safeword, what would you like it to be...?" Thoad didn't wait for an answer and just set the safeword to "I am attracted to sheep."
So then, Strop began to teach Thoad about kicking, and overall made the boy a better fighter. Thoad listened carefully, and took note of everything that he possibly could. Then, the InsanoChamber started to feel a little... heavy. A screech crossed both of their ears, and something new happened. Something Thoad didn't anticipate. The screech ended up switching a form of mindset between the two. It altered the personallity of the two.
Suddenly, Strop was klaus-ish and childish while Thoad was stoic and serious. They switched minds, in a way. Then a nightmare happened. Thoad fell back (as did Strop) and they began their terrible dreams. Thoad dreamt himself as strop, having their minds switched (OOC: DO YA GET IT? THEY SWITCHED MINDS. THEY SWITCHED. WANT TO MAKE THIS CLEAR HERE). He had a box of things in front of him, and a hooded figure was walking away with thor, into the gates of ArmorGames.
"You've done it now, Strop." said the figure, a deep sounding voice.
"Done what?" Said the ninja horse, one of his ears going floppy (OOC: not sure if that happens, but w/e) in questioning. The hooded figure didn't show any signs, pure apathetic emotionless slate of nothing.
"Done what?" Strop had a snap to his voice, the what making a clicking sound at T.
"Why did you leave us, strop?" the voices of armorgames called to strop. It was a scary, harmonious noise. As if a hundred organs played the same notes at the same time. Strop suddenly realized just what had actually happened. He quit AG.
"Goodbye, Strop" said the voice. Then it all stopped, the nightmare ended and the minds were set back in place. Strop didn't say the safe-phrase, so that means.... "Hey strop, I guess I'm attracted to sheep. That would've gotten out of hand. My nightmare was baaad. Not to mention, I think this thing is starting to make things happen that I didn't know could." Thoad went to the side of the chamber and turned it off. "I think I'll deactivate it later. For good"

Showing 4216-4230 of 5646