Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

Posted May 22, '10 at 10:09pm

the_manta

the_manta

3,006 posts

Thanks, cen.

And, would it be an issue if I wrote the response from a third-person perspective? I have a hilarious idea that wouldn't work to as good of an effect in 1st person.

OR, how about first person from someone else's perspective, beside Manta's?

Posted May 22, '10 at 11:12pm

thoadthetoad

thoadthetoad

5,439 posts

That just makes me sad... But I realize you probably don't want to hear about that. People who get pitied too much often come to resent those who pity...

OOOOON a lighter note I won you lost manta haha. :B

Of course I'm kidding, I'm not that much of a d-bag.

Am I?

Posted May 22, '10 at 11:17pm

thepossum

thepossum

2,289 posts

Am I?

*Reads every post thoad has ever written*

You're about a 42/99 on the D-bag scale. Not too shabby.

Posted May 22, '10 at 11:39pm

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

And, would it be an issue if I wrote the response from a third-person perspective? I have a hilarious idea that wouldn't work to as good of an effect in 1st person.

Well, considering the consistency, I would say no, but in the matter of good story telling, go ahead. It's not like it won't fit in, people have been writing 3rd person from the beginning.

OR, how about first person from someone else's perspective, beside Manta's?

If you can pull it off believable, I doubt it would hurt (if you are going to use one of the contestants, you should probably ask permission first). I would like to see how the result would be.

On another note, I am still amused by the people who use "victestants" in their entries. Not that you should stop, or anything, I am just amused that a made up word describing exactly what they are would be used by the people going through it.

Posted May 23, '10 at 3:04am

Strop

Strop

10,824 posts

Alt: sorry to hear that. Your aunt's story sounds quite unusual, even speaking in terms of brain tumours. On the bright side, at least she doesn't have a glioblastoma.

I am just amused that a made up word describing exactly what they are would be used by the people going through it.

Yes, I noticed this too. Maybe it might end up being used in future OCTs... you should probably reserve rights to the word Cen, might make a bit of money lol.

btw, email your responses to [email protected] as usual, kthnx!

Posted May 23, '10 at 9:48am

crimsonblade55

crimsonblade55

4,349 posts

btw, email your responses to [email protected] as usual, kthnx!

Right so I will see if I can get something to you later today, so long as I remember to do so....

Posted May 23, '10 at 10:49am

thisisnotanalt

thisisnotanalt

8,475 posts

Alt: sorry to hear that. Your aunt's story sounds quite unusual, even speaking in terms of brain tumours. On the bright side, at least she doesn't have a glioblastoma.

Yeah.  It's a pretty slow-growing tumor, but it can't be removed because of its location, so the doctors have to just cut it down with each surgery, and because the tissue's been cut into so much, that can't happen anymore.  We'll have to see how radiation works.

Posted May 23, '10 at 12:27pm

thoadthetoad

thoadthetoad

5,439 posts

Just a recap, I am supposed to make like, a half-entry about your IC response to the match, right strop?

Posted May 23, '10 at 9:12pm

Pois0nArr0w

Pois0nArr0w

1,565 posts

Sent it. Motive is revealed; hoping it's good enough.

Posted May 24, '10 at 7:44am

Strop

Strop

10,824 posts

Just a recap, I am supposed to make like, a half-entry about your IC response to the match, right strop?

That's about the right idea. I think. I'm too tired to think actually.

Am gonna check emails now!

Reply to The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

You must be logged in to post a reply!