Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

Posted Nov 15, '12 at 3:05am

Strop

Strop

10,824 posts

We actually plan to rewrite the whole thing once we've finished writing this version (which is 99.5% done). Think of this as the first draft, chaotic and bloated thing that it is. We'll be making it snappy and tight and thematically balanced and vetting the characters etc.

But I think that we're gonna need a break before that happens. I have another novel I want to write.

Posted Nov 15, '12 at 10:34am

light_chaser

light_chaser

659 posts

stroppy, if you do rewrite this, your gonna have to publish it, or I'll die...

no joke.

Posted Nov 15, '12 at 1:33pm

70_70_70

70_70_70

383 posts

@Strop: hell yeah, I cant wait
but I have a small suggestion: u should make more funny pics instead of the text
for example, the chap 0 and some chap u added later, i mean after u made the chap 1, only have pics- and i prefer that style to reading soooo much text, it cost too much time lah XD

ah and tks to u, Strop the Mod, now I know the true art of Spamming lah, read mah bio to see the pics about how to spam a guys effectively, even the master of material art lah  XD

@all: mah fav character is Klaus, how about u guys? XD
And if any1 know the profile of that "real" Klaus in AG, plz send it to me coz I rly wanna be a friend with him and learn how to play games by foot and head lah XD

Posted Nov 15, '12 at 2:09pm

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

u should make more funny pics instead of the text
for example, the chap 0 and some chap u added later, i mean after u made the chap 1, only have pics- and i prefer that style to reading soooo much text, it cost too much time lah XD

There is a fine reason for this not (currently?) being an entire picture based thing. Neither of us had or have the time for doing that. It honestly takes a long while to make a proper composition and line it up, even sketchingly, and have that show the action, rather than writing it out.
Some times it does it well, like during the introduction or the "suicide" scene or times where pictures really does say more than words, but in scenes like the above, it is just easier and done faster to write out the scene descriptively, than drawing twenty-five pages of Strop, Nemo and Zophia looking at a brain in a jar and making expressions.

So, from our perspective, text is faster and easier, and pictures might very well be a waste of time.

Not to mention the vast majority of the contestants have been writers rather than artists. So, the thing would have been broken up by writing every so often anyway.

As for Klaus, he was banned a good while back, so you will have to find him elsewhere.

Posted Nov 15, '12 at 3:23pm

70_70_70

70_70_70

383 posts

@Cenere: oh man, Klaus was banned permanently??? NO WAY!!!
I guessed that the characters in ur stories based the characters of real user in AG, so my guess was right after all XD
So what did Klaus do to get a permanent ban? Spamming too much? Harassing other user? Using too much swear word?
And about the ban, If a person, let s say Klaus was banned from AG, can I still find his profile in AG, with the "comment closed" or his whole profile was deleted completely without a trace left?

About writing vs drawing, u r rite about costing too much time for drawing pics than writing texts, but come on, if u and Strop wanna rewrite the WHOLE thing, y not make it easier for the reader by drawing more and writing less? XD
Imo, I can wait for a long time for the new ver of WOM, as long as the hilarious aspect (which I found more in the pics) will be maximized lah XD

Posted Nov 15, '12 at 3:27pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

Perma-banned accounts are gone for good. The admins literally delete the account and page where the profile would be.

Posted Nov 15, '12 at 3:48pm

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

About writing vs drawing, u r rite about costing too much time for drawing pics than writing texts, but come on, if u and Strop wanna rewrite the WHOLE thing, y not make it easier for the reader by drawing more and writing less? XD

There is a difference between doing this now, with Strop almost freshly out of internship and still being wicked busy as a young doctor, and myself still taking an university level education while trying to make this flow, and then rewriting it sometime in who knows how many years, when we both actually have free time for silly things like that.
Besides, as Strop said, this is more of a rough draft than anything. If we had to make it as perfect as we both want it to be, it would take up a lot more time in planning and streamlining, and we would most likely not have gotten as far as we are now.
It took a rather long time to even negotiate to the current plotline with the contestants making their contribution, what was more easy at the time, what Strop would be fun at that moment (it always seemed like a good idea. Sai was one of said good ideas...), thinking up more awesome and epic scenes long after we actually have finished stuff and the fact that I have probably been redoing the same scene five or so times already, due to what I can only now consider an offending about of care for the consistency.

And in the long and the short, it is not a matter of making it easier on the reader. It's about making it easier on us while telling a good story and letting people participate as much as possible.
As the participation is largely over, we just have ourselves to take care of.

Imo, I can wait for a long time for the new ver of WOM, as long as the hilarious aspect (which I found more in the pics) will be maximized lah XD

We will see, we will see. It will depend on the story we decide to tell and who gets to draw the pictures, but as for the current plans, it will be even wilder and more engaging than this.
Which might be promising too much, but that's what we hope for.

I guessed that the characters in ur stories based the characters of real user in AG, so my guess was right after all XD
So what did Klaus do to get a permanent ban? Spamming too much? Harassing other user? Using too much swear word?

Two in one: The majority of the named characters are the characters of the contestants and cameos. The list somewhere in the start (which might be found on Strop's profile as well) is all the contestants, which has the usernames of their players as well.
As for Klaus, I think the core issue, as with many other vets, was that AG changed while he didn't, which meant the usual shenanigans were no longer welcomed.

Posted Nov 15, '12 at 5:22pm

70_70_70

70_70_70

383 posts

@Cenere: between u and Strop, who focus more on drawing pics and who focus more on writing texts?

Posted Nov 15, '12 at 9:22pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

4,466 posts

We actually plan to rewrite the whole thing once we've finished writing this version (which is 99.5% done). Think of this as the first draft, chaotic and bloated thing that it is. We'll be making it snappy and tight and thematically balanced and vetting the characters etc.

The WHOLE thing :O That's CRAZZYYY :P

But I think that we're gonna need a break before that happens. I have another novel I want to write.

:O Two books now! Whoa there Strop! :)

Posted Nov 15, '12 at 9:32pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

4,466 posts

Okay. I took the great pleasure in reading it. Just this page though so i'm kinda confused... Here's whats in my mind:

MAIN CHARACTERS
Zophia (likes colors, dropped an F-Bomb? Dunno what that is...)
Strop (a horse, doctor, smarty-pants...)
Moe (Hmmmm... Really smart i'm assuming. Got hurt by something?)
Nemo (i dunno much about Nemo)

Next...

PLOT
As of this point i think it is that Strop, Zophia, and Nemo are in a hospital and are fiddling with some antidote to save people? The one that saved(?) Moe? I also understand that the antidote is Zophia's and is very important for healing matters or something...

IMPORTANT THINGS
So these are things i think are important (from what i read on this page only.)
-Zophia made an F-bomb (dunno what that is, the f word?)
-Moe is a brain? Or is in the form of a brain? Becaue what was that brain in the jar? And Moe was healed when Nemo dropped it in?

OTHER STUFF

So somethings i'm not sure on...
Why is Moe a brain? Did he used to be a person or something?
Where has this Ubertuna guy been lost at?
Why were Zophia, Strop, and Nemo in the hospital?

Also, why is Strop a horse? Are the other characters horses or animals also? :P

I hope someone (Strop or Cenere preferably) could clear this up for me... One page really isn't enough ^_^

Thanks
-Dapro
(My longest comment ever. Man it's long...)

Reply to The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

You must be logged in to post a reply!