ForumsArt, Music, and Writing[Facebook] Sketching with replay

36 7572
Stuv
Stuv
10 posts
Nomad

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the place to put it, but I've just put out my first Facebook app where you can draw stuff then other people can replay them back. I know there's already Graffiti but I've gone further with mine, trying to put as many Photoshop tools/setting in there as I can (with more planned soon), while still allowing people to replay.

Here's an example of a replay (Doesn't need facebook): Link

Or there's the editor here (Need to add the app): Link

Would be nice if some artistic (or not so artistic) people would draw a little something so it not just my squiggles in the top list :P

If this facebook part goes ok, I plan to release a WordPress plugin (for posting on blogs), which might be good drawing tutorial sites and the like.

Any feedback on any aspect most welcome,

- Stuv

• 36 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Looks like it has some good tools~

Does it support layers? I don't have a facebook account and am trying to avoid getting one...
But this looks interesting, and certainly like it's better quality than most of the 'replay the drawing' thingies I've seen.

Stuv
Stuv
10 posts
Nomad

I've tried to structure it to support layers, so hopefully I'll release that soon, but some other tools like magic wand, fill, etc have the priority for now.

You can try out the editor swf directly here without Facebook (can't submit though): Link

Stuv
Stuv
10 posts
Nomad

Uhh actually don't even try to submit with that, might screw up something

kingironside
kingironside
50 posts
Nomad

wow cool app. i rather enjoy it.

DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

Does it support layers? I don't have a facebook account and am trying to avoid getting one...
But this looks interesting, and certainly like it's better quality than most of the 'replay the drawing' thingies I've seen.

nope no layers, though you can make your brushstroke semi-transparent to add individual layers yourself.
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

Brilliant. Finally a usefull facebook app!

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

eeerrr... it actually looks pretty cool and is alot better than most apps I have seen on Facebook.

And (hopefully) this is my brilliant <cough> elephant in an African sunset. Das ist sehr gut.

Stuv
Stuv
10 posts
Nomad

Thank for the support! And the elephant :P

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

nope no layers, though you can make your brushstroke semi-transparent to add individual layers yourself.
That has nothing to do with layers. Though that would be layering of the colour, it's a completely different thing~

Also, that's pretty nice, Pixie. Not the elephant in itself (it's a bit - blobby), but the background is actually pretty awesome.

You can try out the editor swf directly here without Facebook (can't submit though): Link
Looks pretty good so far~
Smudge tool is good to have. :3
DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

Though using iscribble is seemingly a little bit better because of the smudge tool and 3 layers to work with.

Stuv
Stuv
10 posts
Nomad

Yeh I can definitely see the need for layers. I looks like people start out drawing the foreground objects, which makes it pretty difficult to do the background afterwards.

I think I'll bump it up in my task list.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Thanks Zophia I have also drawn my armatar except it looks awful. The elephant was eeerrr... "supposed" >.> to be blobby.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

No smudge tool in the actual facebook applet? Actually signed up just to try it.

Also, you NEED a colour picking tool. (Aka eye dropper.)

Gwah.

Stuv
Stuv
10 posts
Nomad

I have also drawn my armatar except it looks awful

lol I was wondering what that was :P

Also I've updated it to have the eye dropper tool now.
sonam
sonam
840 posts
Nomad

This seems really hard to do. any tips on how to do it easily.

Showing 1-15 of 36