ForumsGamesDynasty Warriors: A lot of people hate It, but why?

16 5347
CaptainSamoa
CaptainSamoa
364 posts
Nomad

I have been a huge DW fan ever since my good friend Destin introduced me to it back in 4th Grade. I have owned, at one point or another(not all together), all of the games from the main series. All of the spin-offs have been really good as well. Empires, Xtrerme Legends, and Warriors Orochi (which is a combo between Samurai Warriors and DW). So what is there to hate about this game? Apparently a lot. Some people say it's the same stages over again, just re-designed, but this game is historically based, so what do you want Koei to do, make up events in history that never took place? The ONLY problem I have had with this game is that Dynasty Warriors 4 was glitchy. That's the only problem I had with one of the games out of the entire series. And the funny thing is, the fourth installment is my favorite one. Feel free to post your opinions, and if you love DW, tell which one is your favorite one.

• 16 Replies
ErobosGodOfTheDead
ErobosGodOfTheDead
1 posts
Nomad

I don't think the games are as much "hated" as it is that some people don't enjoy them. A lot of gamers find the gameplay EXTREMELY repetitive and tedious. I, personally, love the Tecmo-Koei Musou franchises. I love the idea of running into a battlefield and mowing down thousands of enemies. As for the comment that the game is easy: It is easy on normal, but the true challenge lies in the higher difficulties. Hard and Chaos modes really punish you for straying far from your army and, to a degree, force you to think and use some strategy to both keep your morale up and you enemy's morale down. But, I digress. The game isn't AAA, AA, or even A. It sits in a comfy position in it's B title. It's definitely not for everyone, but to those of us that find it enjoyable, it is a great experience and overall a great time, especially in split-screen.

Edit: The real changes over the many different installments weren't in gameplay, but in the overall presentation of the game. Same story, just a different overall view. Those of us that have played these games for years enjoy and adore how Tecmo-Koei change the telling ever so slightly and find much humor in the quirks and motifs each character carry with them. Just my two cents.

Showing 16-16 of 16