ForumsThe TavernSpelling and Grammar Nazi Club

160 22841
TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

Okay, I got this idea Darkroot, it's another club! That's right, another club so the mods can look it over for a purpose. Well, this club has a purpose, and that's to improve grammar throughout the site by our local, non-mod Grammar Nazis!

The leaders will be TSL3_needed (Me), Thisisnotanalt, Darkrooot, and Flipin3500.

It's not so much a club as just something to help people improve their grammar on the forums, games, and profiles. Membership is sort of unlimited and anyone can join, just as long as you pledge to improve your grammar and help others improve theirs.

The official guide for the club is here. Everyone, I hope you enjoy improving your grammar!

• 160 Replies
surfthenet
surfthenet
703 posts
Nomad

But you live in the US, right?

well, like this, It's OK to have some errors(as long as other people understand, that's why we learn language first), and then master it little by little.

Now I'm in China learning Chinese, which I think much much more difficult than non-symbolize language.

surfthenet
surfthenet
703 posts
Nomad

Zoph, I think this thread need to be stickied

And what is this "Grammar Nazi Club"? Is this only for Nazi member or? The title makes me confuse.

well, like this, It's OK to have some errors(as long as other people understand, that's why we learn language first), and then master it little by little.
surfthenet
surfthenet
703 posts
Nomad

My English teacher used to tell us that he didn't care whether we used British or American spelling, as long as we were consistent with it.

Zoph, wait a minute. Is your teacher a Malaysian whose can speak 5 languages? Is he Andi Khendrajaya? Maybe we have the same teacher.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Uh oh, triple post? Lawl.

Zoph, I think this thread need to be stickied
On what grounds?

And what is this "Grammar Nazi Club"? Is this only for Nazi member or? The title makes me confuse.
A "grammar nazi" is a term commonly used about people who correct other people on the internet when they make grammatical errors.
I can't remember how exactly that expression was born, but it is just an expression and does not really have anything other than the name in common with the real Nazis.

Zoph, wait a minute. Is your teacher a Malaysian whose can speak 5 languages? Is he Andi Khendrajaya? Maybe we have the same teacher.
Lol. XD No, he's a Dane~
surfthenet
surfthenet
703 posts
Nomad

On what grounds?

I think it's nice and helpful. Sorry for triple post, it just pop-ups from my head. I don't mind if you delete the last 2 posts.

I have a question.

A dog is running after a chicken.

Is this means:

A dog chase a chicken

or

There is a dog running than a chicken following the dog
surfthenet
surfthenet
703 posts
Nomad

http://nobelprize.org/educational_games/

Want to get a nobel prize? There are some good games here.

List of young prodigy, and one of them is an Indonesian yay!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_child_prodigies

I search the net, I will take Tsinghua University, 2 of their alumni got a nobel prize, and the other alumni is a President of China now.

TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

I don't think this one should be stickied, but my Proper Grammar Guide probably could.

surfthenet
surfthenet
703 posts
Nomad

Yes TSL, yours should be stickied, just make it more elegant and more readable. I mean like Bold for sub-title and make it into more paragraphs.

TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

Yes TSL, yours should be stickied, just make it more elegant and more readable. I mean like Bold for sub-title and make it into more paragraphs.

Actually, I followed the same paragraph form as an essay I wrote a couple months ago. But I've got it saved on my computer, so I could make some improvements.
surfthenet
surfthenet
703 posts
Nomad

I have a question.

A dog is running after a chicken.

Is this means:

A dog chase a chicken.

or

There is a dog running than a chicken following the dog.

and another question:

I go to your house.

and

I'm going to your house.

What the difference? I say it's the same, maybe slightly different, but I don't know what the difference.

Please someone answer, thx.

keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

so sorry if its flaming or spamming Im just bored and have a funny question.

So do you guys have a grammar Hitler?

surfthenet
surfthenet
703 posts
Nomad

So do you guys have a grammar Hitler?

-Yes we have, I am a grammar Hitler lol.

I have a grammar SS lolz. I think German and English have the same grammar, isn't it?
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I have a grammar SS lolz. I think German and English have the same grammar, isn't it?

NO! They are as different as... Uhm... They are rather different.
Ich habe eines neues freunde getroffen.
-I have a new friend met.
I have met a new friend.

The German has a bunch of, uhmn, gender?... for their words, and a lot of other annoying stuff, which makes German rather hard for some to learn (people like me, who probably messed up the sentence above..)
sonam
sonam
840 posts
Nomad

Flag
But you live in the US, right?
Now I'm in China learning Chinese, which I think much much more difficult than non-symbolize language.

But me no from US orignal. me from asia. me asian. accent problem, spilling problem, love problem. problem problem. too many problem
Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

I learn German and English in school, English is wayyy easier.

German was English a long time ago. It just got changed overtime.

There are only a couple of Grammar Hitlers. Including TSL3, Alt, me, and somebody else that I can't remember that clearly. Sorry to whoever it was.
Showing 121-135 of 160