Forums

ForumsProgramming Forum

What is a good FLASH game making software? that is free?

Posted Jun 11, '11 at 11:54am

Xinito

Xinito

108 posts

Flixel is just an aid for Flash, it's not its own game making program.
So, you would require to have Flash in order to use Flixel, if I'm correct.

Thats right, I tryed it to doesn't work without having Flash.

Posted Jun 13, '11 at 9:45pm

acmed

acmed

1,921 posts

I use Stencyl, it's easy, .swf friendly, and it's free. Now by easy, I mean takes AWHILE to get easy. It's easier than coding though. Use Pencyl to draw your sprites or use Drawing Now. Stencyl is very hard to navigate a good game, so be patient and make a great game. This is an example of an AG quality game, which takes roughly 1-2 months. Make games like that, and I'll be seeing them on AG.

Posted Jun 21, '11 at 11:06am

Perditus

Perditus

8 posts

You could try using Unity3D, I've seen games made with it that look like they were done in flash.

Posted Jun 21, '11 at 1:30pm

master565

master565

3,874 posts

You could try using Unity3D, I've seen games made with it that look like they were done in flash.

But they aren't flash games. In general most games look the same across platforms but they aren't.

Posted Jun 21, '11 at 1:57pm

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,549 posts

HTML 5 will soon become a major web-rich game development language. Canvas 2D API offers immediate mode 2D drawing. Which is really nice to have in a language everyone uses to make website thus potentially making it the most widely accepted format for web game development next to adobe flash player.

Posted Jun 27, '11 at 2:31am

PlasmaMan

PlasmaMan

407 posts

I use Stencyl, it's easy, .swf friendly, and it's free. Now by easy, I mean takes AWHILE to get easy.

That's true but if you can tolerate it Stencyl is awesome. I'm working on something but I just started yesterday. So far it's really hard but I can see myself using it alot more. Stencyl is quicker, easier but the quality is a notch lower.

Posted Nov 23, '11 at 4:13pm

vfdc2

vfdc2

1 post

there are lots of game makeing game makeing things out there. if you are looking derectly out of code get
Note pad++ and arbote flash player. and find out how to code
i sugest to you to think about what types of game you want if you want one like COD are halo learn what type of code that is.
like runescape they origanaly used notepad and others.
so depending on the type of game. you may need to learn difrent types of code.

Posted Dec 26, '11 at 12:03pm

zombiehax928

zombiehax928

1 post

Can you actually make games w/ adobe,i have it so would REALLY like to know

Posted Dec 26, '11 at 12:10pm

bum123

bum123

17 posts

Adobe

Posted Dec 29, '11 at 6:22pm

getanewhouse

getanewhouse

45 posts

I like stencylworks at http://stencyl.com

Reply to What is a good FLASH game making software? that is free?

You must be logged in to post a reply!