ForumsProgramming ForumWhat is a good FLASH game making software? that is free?

35 82378
JoyLord
JoyLord
42 posts
Nomad

i need to know a free flash game software. is there even a free one?

• 35 Replies
LonLonRanch
LonLonRanch
172 posts
Nomad

Adobe Flash is the ONLY Flash making software. There is no free one.

JoyLord
JoyLord
42 posts
Nomad

are u sure? isnt there one that u can do codes?

HAXALLNOOBS
HAXALLNOOBS
19 posts
Nomad

you sound as if you know...
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

you sound as if you know...

Well, Adobe owns Flash. It acquired the technology from Macromedia. So thus, Adobe Flash is the only Flash game creation software.

And please don't talk about warez here. It's against the rules.

You can download flash cs4 trail and then deep freeze your computer that way you have flash cs4 on your computer as long as you want. It's also legal!

Are you talking about Deep Freeze as in this ?

I think Darkroot means trial, not trail.

Well, it seems to work. Though you will need to reformat your hard drive, install your OS and files and install Deep Freeze.
darkshado
darkshado
10 posts
Nomad

Wrong. Google FlashDevelop and take a look at this tutorial http://www.senocular.com/flash/tutorials/as3withmxmlc/

I'd also recommend Flixel:
http://flixel.org/
darkshado
darkshado
10 posts
Nomad
devilkingx
devilkingx
17 posts
Nomad

there is none but dont fret there are 2 good game makers which are free sadly they only let you upload the games on their respective sites although gamemaker lets you download the files so you could post them on the net on other sites to be downloaded and played here they are

byond

gamemaker

werks4
werks4
1 posts
Nomad

[b] there is a flash game maker for free the address is http://s3.amazonaws.com/apphost/MGB.html# it is a little bit complicated

BeastMode10
BeastMode10
374 posts
Nomad

FlashDevelop.

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

Yeah, FlashDevelop is the only entirely legal and free one I know of, but its harder to learn as it deals entirely in actionscript and there isn't a user friendly stage and whatnot like in adobe CS3 or CS4 :P

But if you're willing to learn then you should try FlashDevelop. Google it if you want to know more.

rjbman
rjbman
215 posts
Nomad

If you try using Flash Develop, at least for the first few times, I'd recommend using Flixel or a similar engine. That should help adjust you to the actionscript used in FlashDevelop.

genro
genro
3 posts
Nomad

interesting for me, thanks

gamerzakiullah
gamerzakiullah
41 posts
Shepherd

so flashdevelop is where i shall begin my game making journey...lol

bunniecorps
bunniecorps
468 posts
Nomad

Flash develop is free, but not made for beginners. I recommend you either invest in flash CS3 or try Flixel at flixel.org (it's free)

PixelSmash
PixelSmash
566 posts
Nomad

Necro thread is necro. Other than that: flixel is a framework, not a standalone program you can use to create games. For programming flash, your choices are roughly Flash CS5, flashdevelop or FDT, of which only flashdevelop is free

Showing 1-15 of 35