2,180 posts
Blacksmith

Name:
Screen name:
Level 1
Class:
Money: $100
Energy:
Job/GPA: None/4.00 (Otakus have GPA, all others have Job)
Friends: None
Inventory:

Types
White and Nerdy: Stereotypical geeky white kid obsessed with WOW, D&D, etc. Although the worst off socially, due to being white he has a higher chance of getting a job and promotions. Starts with 100 energy, -100 reputation, and a USB drive.
Cosplayer: A rather flamboyant person who likes to dress up. Due to their extroverted personality they are the best socially, but they have a hard time keeping jobs due to their constant attendance of various conventions. Very expensive to maintain their habits. Starts with 100 energy, 100 reputation, and car keys.
Female: Not bad looking, but not the prettiest face around either. Still, has it better off socially with other desperate nerds due to the fact that she doesn't need to hit on people. It's a sexist world out there though, so your job opportunities and energy are lower. But really, who needs a job when you can bilk gullible geeks out of their money? Starts with 80 energy, 50 reputation, and a makeup kit.
Otaku: Asian nerd. Because of his culture, he doesn't need a job; his parents supply him with ample money, provided his grades are good. REALLY good. Because he's Asian, his energy is the highest; he can play for days on end. Starts with 125 energy, 0 reputation, and a scooter.

Goals
1. Get your WOW character to level 80.
2. Get a boyfriend/girlfriend. Bonus points if you get laid.
3. Don't die.

Basically measures your popularity in the real world. If it's negative, you are basically like an outcast of society, aka a total geek. If it's positive, you are likeable or even popular. It's important to keep this high to get a boy/girlfriend or a job.

Energy
Working, playing, and a host of other actions costs energy. If your energy gets to zero, you die and lose. Therefore, make sure you aren't using too much energy. You can regain energy by going to sleep or eating.

Money
WOW costs $15 a month, so you need to budget your money very carefully so that you don't run out of money. If you do run out of money and can't regain it in time, your WOW account will be suspended, and you will lose.

Friends
There are different levels of friends: recognized, acquaintance, friend, BFF, boy/girlfriend, lover. Friends are important, they can help set you up for jobs or other opportunities, and you need to go through the levels to fulfill goal #2.

Job
You need one to get money. Try not to get fired though; it'll hurt your job opportunities later. You can get fired for not showing up enough or for angering your boss.

Rules
1. Please try to play as your character. If you're an Otaku and your name is John Smith, something's wrong. If you're a Cosplayer and you play your character like an outcast, you're doing it wrong.
2. I'm fairly lenient if you have RL obligations. However, if you don't show up for 3 days without an excuse, your character will suffer a messy death, and I'll probably let someone else in.
3. I am the GM. Suggestions are welcome, but in the end it's my say.
4. This RPG is satirical in nature, and some of the content might turn a little bawdy. If you have no sense of humor or are easily offended, don't join this RPG.
5. VERY IMPORTANT. This RPG is open to three people, and one space reserved for Gregbyte. I reserve the right to choose whomever I want to join this RPG, but don't worry, unless you're openly disruptive, it'll be first come, first serve. If you want to join but are too late, just leave me a comment on my messenger and I'll see if I can work something out.

• 4 Replies
jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

Female: Not bad looking, but not the prettiest face around either. Still, has it better off socially with other desperate nerds due to the fact that she doesn't need to hit on people. It's a sexist world out there though, so your job opportunities and energy are lower. But really, who needs a job when you can bilk gullible geeks out of their money? Starts with 80 energy, 50 reputation, and a makeup kit.

roflofl

Not bad looking, but not the prettiest face around either.

Eh well thanks buddy >_>

better off socially with other desperate nerds due to the fact that she doesn't need to hit on people.

Jeez...
I'm so glad I don't play this O_O

and a makeup kit

*cough*itstheinterwebsss,noonecanseeyourface*cough*

For those reasons, I won't join :P
Some of my friends play WoW.
I laugh at them ^^

Omg. I even just said WoW.
I need a life >_>
Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

LOL. What can I say? It's a sexist world out there.

(Ditto on the need a life part.)

Spore
Spore
1,106 posts
Peasant

There is a Video on youtube for this game called: World of World of Warcraft, check it out on youtube.

@Parsat, you probably seen this on Youtube
Trust me, you did!

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

Yeah, I did. The Onion is awesome.

Showing 1-4 of 4