ForumsThe TavernRandom Facts

142 26356
snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

If you have 3 quarters, 4 dimes, and 4 pennies, you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar.

The numbers '172' can be found on the back of the U.S. $5 dollar bill in the bushes at the base of the Lincoln Memorial.

President Kennedy was the fastest random speaker in the world with upwards of 350 words per minute.

In the average lifetime, a person will walk the equivalent of 5 times around the equator.

Odontophobia is the fear of teeth.

The 57 on Heinz ketchup bottles represents the number of varieties of pickles the company once had.

In the early days of the telephone, operators would pick up a call and use the phrase, "Well, are you there?". It wasn't until 1895 that someone suggested answering the phone with the phrase "number please?"

The surface area of an average-sized brick is 79 cm squared.

According to suicide statistics, Monday is the favored day for self-destruction.

Cats sleep 16 to 18 hours per day.

The most common name in the world is Mohammed.

It is believed that Shakespeare was 46 around the time that the King James Version of the Bible was written. In Psalms 46, the 46th word from the first word is shake and the 46th word from the last word is spear.

Karoke means "empty orchestra" in Japanese.

The Eisenhower interstate system requires that one mile in every five must be straight. These straight sections are usable as airstrips in times of war or other emergencies.

The first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used by Egyptians in 2000 B.C.

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~bingbin/

• 142 Replies
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

He is, but Vieri scored more goals with headers.

Sorry I completely misread your post...My brain swapped "headers" for "goals" somehow >.>

Alan Shearer scored 11 hat-tricks in the English Prmier League. Dennis Bergkamp got one against Leiscester where all his goals in the game were in the goal of the month.
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

most appearances, still active (only Serie A)
Giuseppe Favalli Active from 1989- appearences 470

zillacutz
zillacutz
514 posts
Nomad

I'm not 100% on this but isn;t Silvio Piola the top scorer

vieri did score more with his head... oh i see you two figured that out lol

did you know that the worlds oldest club formed in 1857 is sheffield FC
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

did you know that the worlds oldest club formed in 1857 is sheffield FC

Sheffield FC was formed in 1857 and joined the FA in 1863, however it didn;t adopt the FA's codes in full until 1877. Instead it used "Sheffield rules" which invented the first solid crossbars, heading, throw-ins, corner kicks and awarding free kicks. They also invented the technique of bending the ball when you shoot.
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

The only Italian football team which has never being relegated is Inter.

zillacutz
zillacutz
514 posts
Nomad

The only Italian football team which has never being relegated is Inter.

goumas you bleed blue and black dont you? when you cry one eye drips blue and the other is black making stripes... am i right? lol its cool because i bleed liverpool red!

this kinda hurts to say.. but did you know that man u tied liverpool with the most english titles (18) with their succes in the prem league this year
dacer
dacer
2,820 posts
Nomad

fun fact*

most posts in the forums are spam if you actually read through but are disregarded, only flame and extensive spam is minded.

cashman99
cashman99
5 posts
Nomad

It is believed that Shakespeare was 46 around the time that the King James Version of the Bible was written. In Psalms 46, the 46th word from the first word is shake and the 46th word from the last word is spear.

who has the time to look that up?

STARFISH HAVE NO BRAINS!

pauler94
pauler94
2,514 posts
Nomad

In Florida, it is illegal to have a sexual relationship with a porcupine

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

That is freaking gross. I live there and never and haven't seen anything like that.
Krizaz
Krizaz
2,399 posts
Nomad

Now why would somebody do that...? It would hurt to get those needle things in your di- not gonna say.
pauler94
pauler94
2,514 posts
Nomad

@both the posts above me. Have either of you heard of "Blue Laws?" If not, they are state laws that are incredibly ridiculous but cost money to get rid of. Another blue law is in Hartford, CT (State I live in) it is illegal to walk across the street on you hands. oooooooh that's another random fact! I'm like 3 for 3 now lol

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Most Points in a season 97, Internazionale, 2006-07
18 Teams (2 points per win) 58 Internazionale, 1988-89
Youngest foreign player: Valeri Bojinov 15 years, 341 days (22 January 2002)

Gametesta
Gametesta
1,707 posts
Nomad

The U.S. of A shreds 7,000 tons of used currency each year.

Gametesta
Gametesta
1,707 posts
Nomad

Only 3 have ever won medals on both the Winter Summer Olympics: Eddie Eagan USA, Jacob Thames Norway, and Christa Luding-Rothenburger Germany.

Showing 16-30 of 142