ForumsThe TavernWhat is SPAM?

9 3531
Brotheromar
Brotheromar
85 posts
Nomad

Ive been asking a while what is spam. Is it that thing where you get the pictures on the forums? or is it Just when you take up too much space with short comments. Please tell me what it is!!

• 9 Replies
Brotheromar
Brotheromar
85 posts
Nomad

I always hear about it when i talk about email to.

LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

check out the forum rules here.

Crunk88
Crunk88
123 posts
Nomad

For example if yur trying to sell something or writting somthething that doesnt have anything to do with the topic. read the forum rules they will help.

steevo15
steevo15
1,564 posts
Peasant

Well, i think of spam as a pointless post that has no information in it, and is not spelled right, or it has just one word, or it is in all caps, or if it is flaming someone

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

It's basically anything that is really not constructive, and everything that is against the rules. Also, just like it has been mentioned, really short comments and post are also considered spam.

hellian00
hellian00
874 posts
Nomad

Spam is a post with no real insight, and no real contribution to the topic.
To see thousands of examples, Go Here.

ngfan14
ngfan14
875 posts
Shepherd

Spam is basically anything that breaks the rules. Spam is also any comment that is less than about 6 words.

TheDarkGypsy
TheDarkGypsy
58 posts
Nomad

Processed meat.....

http://ticklemykittens.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/spam.jpg

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

OK
I think you got the answer to your question.
All short meaasges , or even long ones without subject or that have nothing to do with the topic are considered as spam.
Multiple posting on the same topic in a short interval is also considered as spam as you could obviously have put all your comments into one long one.

No more replies are needed I think, as they would be a repetition of what was said.
If you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask the moderators and don't forget to consult the Forum rules

Showing 1-9 of 9