Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

i want to have a religios debate

Thread Locked

Posted Mar 26, '08 at 1:54pm

Asherlee

Asherlee

5,346 posts

Knight

I don't see how this can be a decent debate when the title of topic isn't spell correctly...but that's just me...

Posted Mar 26, '08 at 2:09pm

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,838 posts

Hahah. I was going to point that out. You and Carlie keep on beating me to saying things.

Get out of my mind! Ahhrgg...

I am not even sure what this whole topic is about, to be honest.

Posted Mar 26, '08 at 2:09pm

Asherlee

Asherlee

5,346 posts

Knight

*sneezes in your mind*

Posted Mar 26, '08 at 2:40pm

SPowerQ

SPowerQ

44 posts

I think that you devoidless and carlie are the only people that i have seen who argue well with what i am saying, we should make a private argument forum or somethin

Posted Mar 26, '08 at 5:29pm

Armed_Blade

Armed_Blade

1,564 posts

Out of the 30,000 Denominations of Christianity though, most of them are on the same basics. You could still say your Christian. As there aren't many differences, besides a different book stating almost the same stuff here and there and different ways life should run.

Anyway, Thankfully, Islam only has 2 sects, My religion. xP I'm Sunii, so obviously I'd say my religion is betterer. But even with it being choice some people don't. Anyway, I don't think Atheism is right, I mean, Bhuddism or Confucious is betterer than that. [different topic, though]

So, The first post doesn't give much, as it isn't starting any debate. Asking which religion is the best won't work.

Posted Mar 26, '08 at 5:39pm

nick_coolhaha

nick_coolhaha

1,333 posts

So are you saying that the war in Iraq was caused by relegion? Because I don't think that's why we went to war.

Posted Mar 26, '08 at 6:21pm

Faranya

Faranya

5 posts

I was Anglican, but I lef tthat church becasue I disagree with them on so much, I found it disrespectful towards them to remain in thier organization.

Posted Mar 26, '08 at 8:55pm

WallyOhio

WallyOhio

164 posts

i find it hard to believe that there are 30,000 denominations of Christianity. 30,000 different churches maybe, but most churches belong to a larger denomination like southern baptist or nazerene. where did you find that stat?

Posted Mar 26, '08 at 8:56pm

armorkas

armorkas

418 posts

as long as ur Christian, i hold no bad feelings toward u in my thoughts. although, im not catholic

Posted Mar 26, '08 at 11:10pm

Megamickel

Megamickel

946 posts

Eh. I was baptized Episcopal, but I wouldn't call myself really any denomination. I'm a Christian. I have accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. That's all that's important in my eyes. I'm not the one to judge, though. Practice whatever religion you want in whatever manner you want... as long as it doesn't involve human sacrifice xD
I still hold that organized religion is all about greed, though.