ForumsThe TavernEver noticed how....

55 9013
Green12324
Green12324
4,099 posts
Peasant

You can tell who the spammers and flamers will be just by their names? It seems like on every site I join, they have names that you can't pronounce and have a couple x's in front. The people with normal names though (Normal, like Green12324...wait, that's awesome. Not normal.) anyway, the people with normal names usually are...well...normal. Ever noticed that?

• 55 Replies
Green12324
Green12324
4,099 posts
Peasant

Maybe I should make a new account named xXxXxGreen12324xXxXx and then when I spam my own profile (they like to do that) no one will know who I am. Alright, I'm done being random. Your thoughts on the issue?

MagiX
MagiX
1,015 posts
Nomad

True. Reason being, I think, is because it shows how immature they may be. This doesn't fit every member though, of course.

Green12324
Green12324
4,099 posts
Peasant

I think, is because it shows how immature they may be.

Ya, and they don't feel like thinking. It's a lot harder to come up with a good name than put a whole bunch of X's in front of it. So they treat everything else with the same level of thought, and just put random stuff. And it seems like they also typ lke ths cuz thy r 2 lzy 2 b nml.

Ya, some people break the rule.
MagiX
MagiX
1,015 posts
Nomad

And it seems like they also typ lke ths cuz thy r 2 lzy 2 b nml.

They also tend to type like that because they think it looks cool too too. :P

It's just silly methinks.
Xavier1
Xavier1
671 posts
Nomad

Itz nt about bing nrml itz about bing kewl. all da kewl kidz typ lyk diz.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Xavier... No.
Names like pumpkinkiller984473284987 are usually spammers, just because they have names that they wont (need to) remember, then they spam, and get banned.

Green12324
Green12324
4,099 posts
Peasant

It's just silly methinks.

And annoying. Very...very annoying!!!! GRRRRR!!!!

http://www.bradfitzpatrick.com/stock_illustration/images-new/animals/cartoon-dinosaur-clipart.gif

Itz nt about bing nrml itz about bing kewl. all da kewl kidz typ lyk diz.

I know right! Whenever I see someone type like that I automatically think THIS GUY IS AWESOME!! Then I give them this card

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/6169/facepalmlm7.jpg
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Zega, Xav was kidding, he's smart (I'm determined to prove he's my cousin)er than that.

Also, that was kinda mean. Yeah, I hated Pumpkinman as well.

Oh, and way to point out the obvious XxXXxXGreen12324xXXxX.

the__vampire
the__vampire
181 posts
Nomad

lol nice pic
and yea u usually can tell if they are a spammer or not the name makes it easy

Green12324
Green12324
4,099 posts
Peasant

Oh, and way to point out the obvious XxXXxXGreen12324xXXxX.

I had an awesome picture, but the link broke.

But alright guys, how'd you get off topic??

Anyone have funny stories about people with stupid names?
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Oh, I wouldn't say spammers are that easy to spot, just by their names.

Though it is quite true that most people who have a completely random string of numbers or copious amounts of Xs in their names are often spammers, it isn't the only people who spam. Far from it.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

I think the x's guys spam randomly and they are just ambitous, they want to be first.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

It is a rather weak correlation but I suppose it is there. It is bad enough in real life when people make assumptions about you based on first appearances but it is worse here online. All you have is a name and an armatar. (ok and a rank/post/profile) I would hate tho tink that if I had had a dumb name people would treat me differently.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

I would hate tho tink that if I had had a dumb name people would treat me differently.

As always Pixie speaks wisely, but there are some spammers with an x, but it might be just a coincidence.
Also the first time see someone they say that it's the most important time, so because here we don't see the other the name plays a role, for the opinion people make about you.
Green12324
Green12324
4,099 posts
Peasant

I would hate tho tink that if I had had a dumb name people would treat me differently.

But your name is what is representing you. In real life you have multiple things that influence someones first impression, but online all you have is your name. Then in some cases an avatar, depending on the website. So if someone creates a dumb name they should almost expect to be treated differently, at least until they prove that they aren't stupid.

but there are some spammers with an x

I'm saying like multiple x's. And of course everyone with x's aren't spammers, and not all spammers have stupid names, but it's just something I've observed. Mostly on other sites though.
Showing 1-15 of 55