ForumsGames[dup] Reasons why the wii sucks.

81 18884
zsadist16
zsadist16
12 posts
Nomad

My Brother is convinced that the wii is the best system out there...

i know the many reasons why it sucks but need to hear them and see them too...

i'll take reasons why its good in interests of fairness...

please post here...

• 81 Replies
Coq
Coq
30 posts
Jester

Mainly for the games.... most good games are not on Wii

viralace
viralace
8 posts
Nomad

Coq has a good point. There aren't a lot of big title games on the Wii (other than the 800 Mario spinoffs) and the ones that are ported have very crappy controls.

UrbanKing
UrbanKing
113 posts
Nomad

The wii has potentail but developers are just too lazy to make a good game.

Psychoace
Psychoace
384 posts
Nomad

This is a stupid thread all based on opinion...

He's allowed to believe that it's the greatest system out there just like your allowed to believe that it's the worst system. If you need &quotroof" on why it sucks, yet you already know.. then why does this thread exist? It seems to me like your simply trying to find other little halo fan boys to hate on a company because it's not "hardcore" enough. Granted it is a system that was directed at the younger/elderly audience, but in all fairness they are a company just like Microsoft and Sony with a simple interest in one thing, making money.

Nintendo has plenty of hidden sleeper titles, it's just not the latest fps so all of the people stuck with there mind on such dismiss it without playing it.

Look at everything on their virtual console everything from NES to to N64 and Sega Genesis are able to be played for that retro feel when "Nintendo didn't suck." Wiiware also has some great titles which include but are not limited to megaman 9, world of goo, onslaught etc. with more promising titles to come.

As for the console itself:

Batallion wars 2
Fire emblem: radiant dawn
Excite truck
Guilty Gear XX ÎCore Plus
MadWorld
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
Super paper mario
Super smash bros. brawl
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Darkfr0st
Darkfr0st
8 posts
Nomad

I find it to be a fun party system.

On another note it does have some interesting concepts and ideas behind it, I just think the end result doesn't cut it for most "long term" Gamers.

I for one enjoy the few titles I have, however I prefer to use the virtual console aspect of the console. Or to play GC games.

I don't enjoy mo-kap games for the most part. It's not that I don't want to get off the couch it's just how it's done. Lets say for instance if it were more of a virtual reality game (dangerous I know) But I'd be more willing to get up and about. And now with the newsensor coming out.... I need to stop it's far to late to be ranting.

I got off of where I was heading.

Anyways, bottom line. it's good, and thats it. It's not great. not completely bad. just good.

P.S. I bought twilight for the gamecube, more natural feel to play a Zelda title.

Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

bad graphics

nintendo should really keep up, ps already has motion sensors and xbox is coming out with one

Darkfr0st
Darkfr0st
8 posts
Nomad

bad graphics

Can agree with you there.

Just with the other consoles would focus on the main stage and not worry about the motion sensor games.

(I weep for the PSP)
PegualMogeratei
PegualMogeratei
8 posts
Nomad

No good games duh

PieGuy
PieGuy
248 posts
Peasant

Okay first one's not that bad
- A family console( mostly ) and is bad for hardcore gamers.
- Too many GOOD games don't use the motion sensor.
- the motion sensor controller just blows( I know there is a ad on but it costs money )
- Finally the most important one, Wii Golf is too hard for me!>

Good family console, to play with family, not by yourself.

GamesArmor
GamesArmor
890 posts
Nomad

*sigh* Fanboys...

Psychoace has the right idea... look at his post.

To add onto the list for the console itself:

The Conduit

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

No More Heroes

Mario Kart Wii

Super Mario Galaxy

Guitair Hero: Aerosmith

Link's Crossbow Training

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games

Those are the ones I have, anyways.

pauler94
pauler94
2,513 posts
Nomad

Uh... the Wii is not the best system out there, but it's not the worst. The games are fun to play, the graphics aren't completely bad, and playing mario games is still pretty fun. There are also fun games like No More Heroes, and Mad World, and Super Smash Bros Brawl.

Plus, This is a hate thread.

KirinTor
KirinTor
43 posts
Nomad

Wii doesn't sucks U.U

Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

latest fps is what people want in games and what companies strive to do... wii has taken nintendo's early achievements and decintigrated it to 'arty games' you would get frustrated with in the first 10 mins, so you try another and you are bored in the next 5

Compare graphics:

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption1 2
Killzone 2 1 2
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles Resident Evil 5

Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

It has all the games I like, it offers a new twist on gameplay, it brings some genres to a whole new level, offers family friendly games

Wait, I think I'm doing it wrong...

pauler94
pauler94
2,513 posts
Nomad

Compare graphics

I'm a ps3 fan and a graphics nerd, but it really doesn't matter if the graphics are good or not. If they're awful, then that would mean something. Wii's graphics aren't that great, but their games aren't that bad.

Plus, some ps3 games with good graphics are terrible, like Haze, or Need For Speed Undercover
Showing 1-15 of 81