ForumsPopular MediaFamily Guy VS American Dad!

25 7629
GamesArmor
GamesArmor
890 posts
Nomad

Which to do like better? American Dad! or Family Guy? Personally, I like American Dad! better. Family Guy is funny but it uses way too many celebrity/movie/show references. It uses so many that I don't get the ones of celebrities I haven't heard about. American Dad! rarely, if ever, uses celebrity/movie/show refrences, so it's easier for me to get the jokes. Plus, I laughed a lot more at the jokes I got on American Dad! than on Family Guy. Don't get me wrong, Family Guy is funny, but I like American Dad! better. Which do you like better?

• 25 Replies
TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

I prefer American Dad. Makes more sense to me and is a lot funnier. I don't quite get half the jokes on Family Guy. But they're made by the same people, so I guess they're intended to be opposites.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

I love family guy. AD seems like a total knock off and FG is just plain hilarious.

but it uses way too many celebrity/movie/show references.

If you saw the 100th episode the producer said they do that becasue FG likes to hold up a mirror to society and says "Society, your ugly, and we don't like a lot of what your doing."

Gametesta
Gametesta
1,707 posts
Nomad

I love family guy. AD seems like a total knock off and FG is just plain hilarious.

Yea the animation is pretty much the same and so are the characters.
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

I never really liked American Dad. Family Guy is the funniest t.v. show ever. so my vote is for Family Guy.

snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

My vote is also Family Guy because it is funnier and American Dad is just a bad spoof.

Nater
Nater
1,298 posts
Nomad

familyguyisgreatandfamilyguysucks

*gasp*

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

I agree Family Guy is a better overall show than American Dad. I at least laught at family guy if not the sheer stupidity of it. But I never laughted at American Dad.

digi_cai
digi_cai
272 posts
Viceroy

Family Guy is the best cartoon ever.
Do not compare it anymore!

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Family guy is way better than American Dad.

GamesArmor
GamesArmor
890 posts
Nomad

@ dudeguy: I know what they're doing

SOME PEOPLE live under a rock. Most of that time when they say "Yeah, thats like *insert celebrety joke/tv joke here*", I'm like "WTF? What/who is that?". Seriously. I never watch TV(besides Hulu.com) or listen to music. The only time I go on the computer is to go on this website, Hulu, Club Nintendo, or a Game FAQ.

Gametesta
Gametesta
1,707 posts
Nomad

SOME PEOPLE live under a rock. Most of that time when they say "Yeah, thats like *insert celebrety joke/tv joke here*", I'm like "WTF? What/who is that?". Seriously. I never watch TV(besides Hulu.com) or listen to music. The only time I go on the computer is to go on this website, Hulu, Club Nintendo, or a Game FAQ.

There are a lot of family guy clips on Hulu
GamesArmor
GamesArmor
890 posts
Nomad

There are a lot of family guy clips on Hulu

I know, I watch it too, I like it, but only the non celeb parts. I just like American Dad! Better.
dcoold
dcoold
914 posts
Nomad

i like them both but if i had to compare them it would be family guy

BlackSonne
BlackSonne
86 posts
Nomad

Family Guy.

American dad... no comments, hate it.

Riou1231
Riou1231
4,825 posts
Peasant

They're both greats shows! I just can't decide... Well if i was FORCED to make a choice, It would be Family Guy. Family Guy's just been around longer than American Dad.

Showing 1-15 of 25