ForumsThe Tavern'Write A Movie' Contest - Theme: (pending)

1443 279677
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

This thread is going to be a success! Me and goumas13 thought of this thread. When he gets on I'll tell him to come here and tell you what he is going to do. What you are going to do is make a movie using these directions.

Title:
Plot:
Setting:
Characters:
Movie Cover: (picture from photobucket)

There are going to be two judges for each competition. Each competition will be two weeks long. And the winner will receive a merit by Carlie. You cannot win twice.

Now all I need is to have two judges.

First competition is going to start when I have two judges to judge the movies. It will end on July 24th. Get Thinking!!!!

• 1,443 Replies
Stinger_Maniac
Stinger_Maniac
322 posts
Nomad

I'd like to be a judge but I'm curious as to how long each theme will last, if it's at least a week long.
Then I suppose I could judge, if you wanted my help.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

I'm not sure just yet how long each theme will last. We'll do a &quotractice round" first just to see how active everyone is and how long it takes for the submissions to come in.

If you're willing to stay committed to this contest, I'd love to have you help judge.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

One more new rule:

Since this contest is about writing the movie, the cover is not required. It's a nice touch, but you will not be judged on it. This is not an art contest, and a decent amount of the covers made in the past weren't even original.

deathopper
deathopper
1,567 posts
Nomad

Alright here my movie.

Title: Slammin' a Dunk
Plot:Jimmy works in a IT company with a low-paying job and 3 bosses that hate is guts. He detest his job and has a life long dream of being in the NBA, but he isn't any good in basketball. He joins a basketball club but things don't turn out so well.
Setting:IT office, Jimmy's home, basketball facility.
Characters:Jimmy, 3 bosses, basket ball team, basketball coach.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I've been looking at this thread every few days and I haven't read a theme.

So, what's the theme going to be?

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Woah woah woah. Someone gimmie a page to look to. Besides the first one, obviously this thing is older than me. When did Ernie Hijack it?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald
Divisible
Divisible
104 posts
Nomad

This should be a fairly interesting contest, if the theme is inspirational for me, I'll try work on something.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Mah badnees! You might want to get the Title to say something about the last post on page 143/ reading the rules on Page Uno.

So... if this is fo' real...
Is there a theme? If not....
___

Title: Tres Banditos

Plot: Three amigos, which happen to be banditos, rob a bank together. They find a senorita in the bank, that isn't afraid of them. The amigos fall in love with the senorita, and they are confused between love and friendship. Is senorita trying to break up the three amigos that are banditos? (dramatic music)

Setting: Nevada! And then New Mexico! And then Mexico! And it ends in China, but you guys don't get to hear about that part...

Characters: Uno Amigo: Jale. (like haaaahle) Dos Amigo: Taco. Tres Amigo: Frito. Senorita: Azure. Talking pets that are the comedy relief in the movie: Paco, Amarillo, and Bob.

deathopper
deathopper
1,567 posts
Nomad

Well I'm just wondering should I start writing the script know or should I wait because it doesn't seem like anybody is judging.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

There's a reason no one is judging. It's because nobody has thought of a theme yet.

For those of you who do not wish to judge but still wish to participate, we also need a theme for the contest.

Maybe I wasn't clear on this part, but I'm letting you guys pick the theme.

Deathopper: I like your idea, but it needs to have more detail behind it. It doesn't tell very much about the movie, other than the very basic skeleton of the plot.

MoonFairy: You might want to change a few things just to make it seem less like a certain other movie...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51boAd6TiHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Three amigos, which happen to be banditos, rob a bank together

At least rephrase that part. Or change the number of banditos.
Gamingtime
Gamingtime
64 posts
Nomad

Title: Love Whatever
Plot: A man and a woman meet and hate each others guts. By a random twist of fate they find they are forced to spend an extended period of time together. Eventually they fall in love to the relief of all their friends.
Setting: Some American City where people can live without ever seemingly working.
Characters: Betty (A buttoned down, over bearing blond with a great future ahead of her), Bruce (One of the guys likes the babes, only cares where his next beer comes from. A real hot-dog muncher).
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh17/cheeyoon33/couple_fight.jpg

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

Since people are just randomly entering movies without a given theme, I'll just let this go as a &quotractice round".

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

Maybe next round we will go with that theme. We already have four submissions, so it's a bit late now to change the theme.

sk8brder246
sk8brder246
740 posts
Nomad

Title: Miguel, Manuel, and All That Poo.
Plot: 2 hispanic farmers named Miguel, and Manuel get rich by discovering a new type of medicine that has a cancer curing ability. raking in the millions, Miguel and Manuel soon start arguing over who should get credit for the discovery. being as Manuel is in charge of cleaning the miracle poo, and Miguel feeds the animals that produce the magic scat, the friendship is in turmoil. greed for the price of a friend. What will happen next.
Setting: Tijuana, Mexico
Characters: Miguel Santamaria. Manuel Galeas
Movie Cover: http://socialentrepreneurs.enchantingchallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/pigfarm01.jpg

Showing 1426-1440 of 1443